General Suggestion - Increase Life Limit - Denied

PryingTree

What are you suggesting? - Increase life limit

How would this change better the server? - I know this will most likely get denied but someone has to point these facts out. If we increase the life limit to three it would be way more fun. 

With eight branches why only allowed to main two? Not only that but the two life rule was made before RnD was a branch, and before D5 was even a branch. I know you may say not everything is a auto life taker.

GENSEC - LCPL
RND - JA
Medical/Maint - CMD
E11/D5 - SGT
Research - The second one
CI Military/Nu7 - RCT

That may seem like a lot of branches that does not already cost a life, but what if I wanted to be in E11, RnD and CI military? Or other combinations. It promotes activity and promotes people in branches. I am a SFTO in RnD and the amount of times people say they want to join RnD but already have two lives is absurd. Not only that but what if you want to be in Nu7 and CI Military? Then you can't main another branch.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - People can complain or feel forced to join a branch to use all their lives.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Anyone willing to RP, anyone that wants to be in multiple branches.

It wouldn't allow me to put a link in here so you are stuck with this 

It would be a nice change for sure +Support

• Thanks 1

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

12 minutes ago, PlantBruh said:

i dont think it'll ever get accepted sorry mate 

+support if we could get some kind of compromise 

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

+support

a much better suggestion than your other one. 

biggest talila hater

The fact is, you can't react not knowing what the fact is. No need to grieve if you can't see diseases we've contracted. Happiness and truth, we simply view them through a lens, refracted. Life's a breeze if you leave uneasy deeds REDACTED.

-Support

The 2 life system makes sure that people are actually dedicated to the branches they do join so that we don't just have people in all branches but active in none. It makes sure that we don't have people simply holding onto ranks like trophies and makes people take into account their actual capabilities because there is simply no way you are fully active in more than 2 branches.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

8 minutes ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

The 2 life system makes sure that people are actually dedicated to the branches they do join so that we don't just have people in all branches but active in none. It makes sure that we don't have people simply holding onto ranks like trophies and makes people take into account their actual capabilities because there is simply no way you are fully active in more than 2 branches.

Retried: CI LTCMDR CI R&D AIN, E11 CPT, and Research Assistant Manager.

8 minutes ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

yea I can agree more with nyde once you get to a higher rank in one branch its nearly impossible to play in both lives now and stay active in both -SUPPORT

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

1 hour ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

You don't have to be CMD in all of them. You can be a SM in gensec and be cmd in something else ext. it is possible to be active in all three if they wanted too. you dont have to be on all the time in every branch. It is a game, now when it comes to HCMD then yea you should only be in two things that is a life, but like plantbruh said we can work something out.

Edited by PryingTree

1 hour ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

Dawg if i think im overburdening myself in branches i'll simply leave💀💀 i dont need someone moderating what im in because they think its too much

+support

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

-Support

As much as it would be nice to have this accepted, it simply isn't practical.
Increasing the life limit to 3 will encourage more people to join and tryout other branches, yes, but it will also cause people to be more inactive to their "main" branches.
I could support a slight increase in rank needed to use a life, but increasing the amount to 3 won't work out as well as it sounds unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Heart-Eyes 1

9 hours ago, LilThinMints said:

Dawg if i think im overburdening myself in branches i'll simply leave💀💀 i dont need someone moderating what im in because they think its too much

+support

Exactly. I couldnt give a shit if its practical, how do YALL know how much free time I got? Remember, activity in a branch is pretty loose, with requirements for command and enlisted both being very lax. Being active in two branches could require as little as an hour of time a week, and still technically be fully considered active. Obviously, people who have time to play gmod usually have more time in a week than just 1 fuckin' hour. 

Just cause yall cant do it doesn't mean someone else cant. 

+ SUPPORT

• Thanks 1

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

10 hours ago, LilThinMints said:

+support

• Angry 1

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

12 hours ago, Dumb Bitch Syndrome said:

+support

• Heart-Eyes 1

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

21 hours ago, Vuitheirt said:

It would be a nice change for sure +Support

Would be nice but if anything I think three would be the limit if anything

Current Ranks: N/A

Former Ranks: CI SFTO HLS Major D4 Ambrose IV RRH Guardian Romeo 13   SCP-RP Senior Admin RFM EXM CCU 

CC's: MTF E11 'Last Call' CI Recon Force Frank West MTF Sigma 66 Trooper CI TF2 Heavy Security Elite Sniper  The Mets Farmer Jakub

23 hours ago, styx said:

-support
only because it has been suggested before and got deined plus it isnt that big of a deal

I have better reasons than other people. not only that, it doesnt matter to you, it might matter to others.
Mr inactive.

Edited by PryingTree

On 4/25/2022 at 4:21 PM, Nydekore said:

-Support

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

On 4/25/2022 at 5:21 PM, Nydekore said:

-Support

SCP-RP: E-11 SSGT | EXM | CE | DoRCU | Senior Ranger Canadian | CI LCPL | JFTO | CQOP | Platinum

PoliceRP: SNR Lafleur 1D45 | FBI Probatory Agent | Diamond
Retired: Medical Supervisor | E-11 SM | Nu-7 SM | DHFTO | HTF Mark II | Security CPT | Warden Centurion |
 Senior Moderator

On 4/25/2022 at 4:02 PM, Dumb Bitch Syndrome said:

+support

Former |Delta-5 2LT | Medical SM SEC FTO SM/WDL| CI RND SCR SWB IIN/CI LCPL MJ EOI Overseer Leviathan D1

-support.

listen i'd be all for this, but A: as people have said if you have like 3 lives there's no pheasable way to be dedicated to every branch without never going outside.

secondly: do you really need to join that many branches? like... seriously... one non combatant and one combatant is plenty enough to get both sides of GL.

• Like 1

Research Administrator | R.A.U. Commissioner | External Agent 3 "Oyasumi"

image.png.ef2fbf407892c884509d5e5c10e6fc2c.png