Reduce the ammount of People which need to be on the Server from 70 to 50 for the SCPs to be allowed to Self Breach - Denied

Boesermaster

Post name: “General Suggestion -  ”Reduce the ammount of People which need to be on the Server to Self Breach from 70 to 50

What are you suggesting? -  Reduce the ammount of Players we need to have on the Server before SCPs can Self breach to 50

How would this change better the server? - People, in more European countires can Request to be Maintained, and Breach without needing to Hope that CI or Class D come and let them out. Becuse currently, we are a long time, which is good for European Players, not enaught Players for SCPs to also hop on and have some Fun.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - None then i can think of,

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Our Players, which are in a Timezone which isnt as active and dont have 70+ Players and want to Play as SCPs

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - None

-Support

50 players occurs around 3-6 AM. Most of the time that would be mostly AFKs meaning no one to stop your breach.

Also, if there are 50 people on, that likely means maybe 8-10 active dclass, anywhere from 5-8 Gensec, maybe a couple MTF/CI, and maybe 1-4 research/utility. If you are breached during this time as 682, for example, there is not a fair amount of people to counteract you. This will just lead to people getting off as no one has fun when one person gets to run around with a one hit swep with no one to stop them.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

Imo ppl just get breached by dclass anyways so i dont think this is needed at all, Also sounds like a shit tone of early morning sits which probably wouldn't be taken as id say 90% of the staff team is EST based which would just end up frustrating for those players trying to breach. 

-support 

Mostly what others said above. There is a reason it is 70. It falls below that number around 12-1 AM EST, and consequently so do the numbers of security and MTF as most of their members are in  EST or similar time zones. And like Colt said, with there usually being only 1-3 security in d block on off hours, d class are very likely to be able to escape and breach any SCP's that are on anyways.

Edited by Loaff

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

37 minutes ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

50 players occurs around 3-6 AM. Most of the time that would be mostly AFKs meaning no one to stop your breach.

Also, if there are 50 people on, that likely means maybe 8-10 active dclass, anywhere from 5-8 Gensec, maybe a couple MTF/CI, and maybe 1-4 research/utility. If you are breached during this time as 682, for example, there is not a fair amount of people to counteract you. This will just lead to people getting off as no one has fun when one person gets to run around with a one hit swep with no one to stop them.

15 minutes ago, Coltable said:

Imo ppl just get breached by dclass anyways so i dont think this is needed at all, Also sounds like a shit tone of early morning sits which probably wouldn't be taken as id say 90% of the staff team is EST based which would just end up frustrating for those players trying to breach. 

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

7 hours ago, Loaff said:

-support 

Mostly what others said above. There is a reason it is 70. It falls below that number around 12-1 AM EST, and consequently so do the numbers of security and MTF as most of their members are in  EST or similar time zones. And like Colt said, with there usually being only 1-3 security in d block on off hours, d class are very likely to be able to escape and breach any SCP's that are on anyways.

When it's under 70 players, usually D class breach them since there isn't enough MTF/GenSec to stop them.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

-support Suggested multiple times but as stated for the previous times it would be to much of a hassle to lower scp self breach due to the low amount of players on (even 70 is kinda bad cause most of the time its afk's) and it would cause to much trouble for a server of that size to recontain an scp at 50 players specially if its 682 or 939 

Edited by frog

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

17 hours ago, Loaff said:

-support 

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

-support, in my opinion 70 is fine. When it's below that count, usually D-Class are around in HCZ breaching out SCPs anyways. Allowing self breaching at that time would just make low playercount a headache for MTF, and constant SCP breaches. Along with this, below 70 players there'd be a lot less staff available to self breach and SCPs trying to actually self breach may find themselves waiting long times due to low staff count.

7 hours ago, Jess1224 said:

-support, in my opinion 70 is fine. When it's below that count, usually D-Class are around in HCZ breaching out SCPs anyways. Allowing self breaching at that time would just make low playercount a headache for MTF, and constant SCP breaches. Along with this, below 70 players there'd be a lot less staff available to self breach and SCPs trying to actually self breach may find themselves waiting long times due to low staff count.

I agree and to be completely honest that'd just make it a nuisance to deal with on every side. Early morning MTF teams already have to deal with D-Class due to low early GENSEC numbers so this would make it worse. 20 Players does make a large difference.

On 4/15/2022 at 5:09 PM, Coltable said:

9 hours ago, Jess1224 said:

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

- Support

During the time of 50 players and less, it's usually mostly AFK people, with at most approximately 3 MTF online not AFK. 

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

On 4/15/2022 at 5:47 PM, Nydekore said:

-Support

-/+Support Sounds like a fun time to be honest. I see where people are coming from, and I'd think a middle ground of maybe 60-65 would be better.

With more people on, there's less of a chance for breaches to complete their breach cycle, unless its through the help of CI and D-Class. SCPs are also able to recontained pretty quickly in retrospect, since nowadays most classes have much better weapons and some can cloak. The enjoyment of being an SCP is short lived for most of them, so anything that allows SCPs to have more freedom/enjoyment is a plus. 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

On 4/15/2022 at 6:09 PM, Coltable said:

This pretty much. I breached 610 076 and 354 as a d class just yesterday in early hours and it took THREE HOURS to get them all back in their cc and kill straggler 610s

-Support

Edited by FusionThunder

spacer.png

-support dclass breach them on low numbers cause security has a harder time then when 70+ are on scps can then do it themselves cause dclass have a harder time.

Resigned CI CMDR Gar  | Former E11 SGT Gar | RRH Guardian Yankee 42 | Former D5 CPL Gar (one of the first) A1 Steak Sauce I Farmer Gar