General Suggestion - Legend's Golf Club Nerf [Completed]

CyanicZed

-SUPPORT

Was supposed to be nerfed to 50, which I think is fitting since its a %33 damage nerf compared to the %25 damage nerf of weapons globally

On an additional note, The weapon has extremely high DPS but is very inconsistent on damage and hitreg, and the only real reason people use this instead of the csgo knifes are:

-This still hasn't been nerfed properly yet

-CSGO knives are literally useless and suffered the hardest nerf when the global damage nerf occurred. CSGO knives got a nearly %40 damage reduction making them the least reliable melee, which is why the golf club ascended into the meta when they realized using literally anything else would be more reliable than using a knife that does 40 damage every 2 seconds.

This should be a wake up call to actually begin discussing the state of melee in combat since there is wild discontent on what's balanced and what's not. A single weapon should not be the meta simply because it does what its actually supposed to do, unlike a majority of other melees that are unreliable (LOOKING AT YOU TFA MELEES).

Make the damage 50 like it was supposed to be.

+Support

-Nerfs everything to make combat more engaging and tactical
-Golf club does 70 dmg and people can end combat within a few seconds of using it

Dumb how everything else got nerfed but the golden golf club stayed basically the same and it ends any combat way too quickly. I've seen an entire CI raid all done with golf clubs.
It's way too OP in it's current state

+/-Support

To start things off, you have to remember that the weapon is a LEGENDS weapon and costs 50 dollars normally. That means that most people aren't gunna have it and I think that is SHOULD be more powerful than most melees that are currently on the server. 

HOWEVER, the weapon itself does seem a little strong but the hit reg for the golf club is kinda ass and honestly, if you get far enough away from the player then they can't really hit you. 

Honestly, I would be okay with the weapon doing 50 damage, nothing more and nothing less. It IS supposed to be powerful for how much is costs, tbh. People payed ALOT for the weapon and for SMT to just make it ass would REALLY cause a lot players to be mad about it.

Free From GL ❤️

I understand the bias angle here, but really? I have one, I don't really use it much. I only ever really pull mine out if someone else does. I much prefer stuff like my bat (which can 120 on a headshot, 240 if the game decides to let me turn into MLB god for a sec, sometimes even on body, I dunno how it works sometimes tbh) my fubar (180 damage headshots, 90 something body on light) like, no one complains about those. People dont like the golf club because they see it as the default for melee violence, its an often pulled out tool. Ironically, the golf club requires a shit ton of aim to use unless you straight pin someone to the wall, tracking and movement factor in as well. We have ARs doing almost 100 a headshot and thats fine apparently, because oh it gun, use brain it do shoot, golf club combat feels like shotgun combat, just get close and pray your tracking is good. I dont care how many times you have been rushed down by it, we all have. Have I also been shot by too powerful guns? Have I killed and have been killed by the most powerful items on the server to the weakest? The better fighter will come out on top, just dont let yourself be put into the situation where you can die to it, because to be honest?

If you are in the situation where some feral crackhead kills you with his golf club, you were fucked anyways.

• Like 1

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

14 hours ago, Catalyst said:

-SUPPORT

Was supposed to be nerfed to 50, which I think is fitting since its a %33 damage nerf compared to the %25 damage nerf of weapons globally

On an additional note, The weapon has extremely high DPS but is very inconsistent on damage and hitreg, and the only real reason people use this instead of the csgo knifes are:

-CSGO knives are literally useless and suffered the hardest nerf when the global damage nerf occurred. CSGO knives got a nearly %40 damage reduction making them the least reliable melee, which is why the golf club ascended into the meta when they realized using literally anything else would be more reliable than using a knife that does 40 damage every 2 seconds.

This should be a wake up call to actually begin discussing the state of melee in combat since there is wild discontent on what's balanced and what's not. A single weapon should not be the meta simply because it does what its actually supposed to do, unlike a majority of other melees that are unreliable (LOOKING AT YOU TFA MELEES).

Bro then why are you minus supporting it? This suggestion is to get it to be like 40 damage??????? Just say it should be 50 because of the proper damage nerf that was suppose to happen. But by you minus supporting it in this way makes it seem like you dont want it nerfed at all. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

2 hours ago, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

I understand the bias angle here, but really? I have one, I don't really use it much. I only ever really pull mine out if someone else does. I much prefer stuff like my bat (which can 120 on a headshot, 240 if the game decides to let me turn into MLB god for a sec, sometimes even on body, I dunno how it works sometimes tbh) my fubar (180 damage headshots, 90 something body on light) like, no one complains about those. People dont like the golf club because they see it as the default for melee violence, its an often pulled out tool. Ironically, the golf club requires a shit ton of aim to use unless you straight pin someone to the wall, tracking and movement factor in as well. We have ARs doing almost 100 a headshot and thats fine apparently, because oh it gun, use brain it do shoot, golf club combat feels like shotgun combat, just get close and pray your tracking is good. I dont care how many times you have been rushed down by it, we all have. Have I also been shot by too powerful guns? Have I killed and have been killed by the most powerful items on the server to the weakest? The better fighter will come out on top, just dont let yourself be put into the situation where you can die to it, because to be honest?

If you are in the situation where some feral crackhead kills you with his golf club, you were fucked anyways.

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

If this shit gets nerfed i wanna refund

Nu7 MSGT | Ex CI R&D AIN | Ex Sec 2LT | Ex OS | Ex CI 2LT

[CC] Owns: OPIF - Omnipurpose Infantry Force | Charple on Vacation | Vonzen Plushi | CI Take Force 'Blackhawks'

[CC] On: Farmer Jakub | MTF Sigma-66 | E-11 Rangers 'Reborn' | TF2 Solider | CI TF2 Heavy | Obama | Lone Wolf | Combine | STARS

1130161669_GarrysmodScreenshot2022_01.30-20_27_06.70(2)_LI.jpg.c6723c46c24ad245a3dc168769f7c8cc.jpg

16 hours ago, Catalyst said:

-SUPPORT

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

58 minutes ago, Sprink said:

Gaminglight has a zero refund policy.

thats why i made the joke 😲

• Angry 1

Nu7 MSGT | Ex CI R&D AIN | Ex Sec 2LT | Ex OS | Ex CI 2LT

[CC] Owns: OPIF - Omnipurpose Infantry Force | Charple on Vacation | Vonzen Plushi | CI Take Force 'Blackhawks'

[CC] On: Farmer Jakub | MTF Sigma-66 | E-11 Rangers 'Reborn' | TF2 Solider | CI TF2 Heavy | Obama | Lone Wolf | Combine | STARS

1130161669_GarrysmodScreenshot2022_01.30-20_27_06.70(2)_LI.jpg.c6723c46c24ad245a3dc168769f7c8cc.jpg

-Support

I don't think it would be fair to nerf the weapon anymore to people who have purchased it as the damage values are clearly stated on the store page, also I believe it was already nerfed once. The damage seems adequate at the moment considering it's a melee weapon, I own one personally although I rarely actually use it as a weapon I still don't think this should be nerfed. From my experience fighting against the golfclub, I don't think it's too powerful, like I said the damage seems adequate to the amount you are able to do with a gun against the other person, especially at range. The only issues related to it I noticed was the occasional lag of the server and hit reg issues with guns when the target is moving around a lot with a melee weapon, however this is an entirely separate issue with the server.

Fear, full of hate perforates me like a yellowjacket.

-support

just because I want to see jeff toss hands with 7101 again and win with it.

• Like 1

Resigned CI CMDR Gar  | Former E11 SGT Gar | RRH Guardian Yankee 42 | Former D5 CPL Gar (one of the first) A1 Steak Sauce I Farmer Gar

8 hours ago, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

Just the current melee meta "People dont like the golf club because they see it as the default for melee violence, its an often pulled out tool", just like how broken the Scoped AR's currently are compared to anything else. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orange 🍊 said:

Just the current melee meta "People dont like the golf club because they see it as the default for melee violence, its an often pulled out tool", just like how broken the Scoped AR's currently are compared to anything else. 

• Like 1

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

-Support

If you're close enough to get smacked with a Golden Golf Club, that's a skill issue, Range ftw 💪
diagnosis-skill-issue.gif

• Like 1
  • Heart-Eyes 1

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

it either needs a hard fucking nerf or to be removed entirely it has no place on the server. I've been hit it with plenty of times from further than a melee weapon should be able to reach. +support

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

12 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

Yknow now that I think about it, with the way the users crouch spam you could probably just hop over them and crown em with a shotgun. I wanna try that now, just takes the right timing. 

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar