Nerf gun knock back - Denied

I like doughnuts

Before I start this please know I’m unsure if it’s gmod itself or the server in which causes this 

What are you suggesting? - nerf the gun knock back on all guns 

How would this change better the server? - this would make it more realistic for everyone playing as to not get pushed back 100 feet when hit by a gun

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - not that I can think of, 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - d class and just about anyone who engages in PvP, I’m sure we’ve all been there, run past gensec and go to open the d block door only to get blasted off to the side 50 feet or get stoped in midair while jumping toward a gensec shooting you causing you to move backwards

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

Hello yes I’d like to pay the sun bill please 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Orange 🍊 said:

+Support

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

On 10/6/2021 at 1:06 AM, Orange 🍊 said:

+Support

On 10/6/2021 at 7:18 AM, Demon Dice said:

On 10/6/2021 at 2:53 AM, Some Weeb said:

Give reasoning for your response or dont respond at all. A blank -support/+support is useless to me/SMT.

I’ll give a valid +support

i feel this should be accepted for the gun knock back to be looked into. A pistol ahouldn’t send you down like 682’s brige even while your jumping. Its a pistol. Shorguns should have the most due to it well being a shotgun. Then lmg, then ar’s. 

Edited by Chief_
  • Like 1

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

3 hours ago, Chief_ said:

I’ll give a valid +support

i feel this should be accepted for the gun knock back to be looked into. A pistol should’d send you down like 682’s brige even while your jumping. Its a pistol. Shorguns should have the most due to it well being a shotgun. Then lmg, then ar’s. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

On 10/6/2021 at 3:55 PM, LilThinMints said:

-support

It can be used to your advantage with high firerate weapons

Oh I’m not talking about that, it’s kinda expected with shotguns/LMGS but no one should go flying backwards because they got shot with a revolver or a pistol 

+Support

Just like the old combat red screen flashbang knockback does nothing but annoy the player, especially on the receiving side.

nobody likes an annoying combat mechanic, and it doesnt make sense that bullets which would usually slow you down would fling you, so it isnt exactly realistic in any sense.

• 2 weeks later...

+Support

I don't want you to fly me to the moon. I dislike going across a long ass hallway because I was shot while jumping.

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

+support

Leave it on heavy hitters like shotguns at close range. I think if we could have it where knockback only applies to a certain damage number in a single hit (Like, 75-100 damage would definitely put you on your ass given whatever just hit you wasn't small) but like, don't have me moonwalk at terminal velocity into the wall 47 feet behind me because someone shot me in the shin with a falcon.

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

+Support

Just a little much tbh. You're already getting shot at, now you're movement is also reduced? I agree with Chief's statement. Would be nice if it got looked into and adjusted per gun at the very least. That would also improve the quality of PVP as right now is a good time to trial such adjustment since HP and dmgs have been changed.

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

+/- support

No idea how this would even be implemented. Players are hardcoded to be knocked back based on how much damage they take. To nerf the knockback you'd need to nerf the damage per bullet, or add EFL_NO_DAMAGE_FORCES to all players, and then manually apply knockback in a PostEntityTakeDamage hook.

Ultimately, I don't even know if it's worth the development effort, but I can not deny that it would definitely make combat a lot more satisfying if you weren't knocked around as much, especially for SCP's.

5 hours ago, Avalon Levi said:

- Support

Note: Negev Whitout Recoil Would Be a Nightmare.

I’m not Talking about taking away recoil from the guns I’m talking about nerfing the effect when you get shot by a pistol in the toe and get ragged dolled down a whole corridor 

2 hours ago, yeetusdeleteus said:

I’m not Talking about taking away recoil from the guns I’m talking about nerfing the effect when you get shot by a pistol in the toe and get ragged dolled down a whole corridor 

I mean Negev Whitout knocked back, And I think it makes the game balanced to all weapons.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

On 11/5/2021 at 2:00 PM, Veesus said:

+/- support

No idea how this would even be implemented. Players are hardcoded to be knocked back based on how much damage they take. To nerf the knockback you'd need to nerf the damage per bullet, or add EFL_NO_DAMAGE_FORCES to all players, and then manually apply knockback in a PostEntityTakeDamage hook.

Ultimately, I don't even know if it's worth the development effort, but I can not deny that it would definitely make combat a lot more satisfying if you weren't knocked around as much, especially for SCP's.

• 2 weeks later...