General Suggestion - Changing LMG ADS - Denied

Catalyst

What are you suggesting? - Change the ADS for LMG's to a clean, more accurate hipfire rather than looking down the iron sights, similar to what is shown in the video below

How would this change better the server? - LMGs are often looked down upon and are never really utilized. the main problem with LMG's (And some other weapons) is that when firing, the front of the gun recoils towards your face completely obscuring whatever you are trying to fire at, making it very uncomfortable, and often forcing players to rely on hipfire just to see what you are shooting at. I feel that this change would allow players to have a much cleaner viewpoint to engage enemies and lay down suppressive fire, which is an integral point of using an LMG

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - the only bad thing i can think of is that LMGs might need stat balancing such as more recoil or less accuracy if these changes are made, because they would make LMGS more comfortable and allow people to use them for their full extent.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Any class that uses an LMG as their primary, such as Combat engineer, CI Heavy, and Security Heavy. it would also mean people would buy LMGs more from the armory, meaning more usage all around

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

(I used payday 2 because its the only game i both own and thought of that had this feature that explains what i mean)

I don't think this is possible with TFA weapons.
I guess... theoretically, the weapon could be offset to the right when aiming down sights. But that's just what I think is possible, I don't know if it is.

It could be neat, but I don't think LMGs will be used much regardless, so it could just be more effort than it's worth. 

+/- Support 

Hope has said it is possible, but my opinion of possibly more work than it's worth stands. 

Edited by Right Twix Bar

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

7 hours ago, Right Twix Bar said:

I don't think this is possible with TFA weapons.
I guess... theoretically, the weapon could be offset to the right when aiming down sights. But that's just what I think is possible, I don't know if it is.

It could be neat, but I don't think LMGs will be used much regardless, so it could just be more effort than it's worth. 

+/- Support 

It's totally possible. Bread has done it before and shared it in the old (separate) command discord once, worked without any issues. (Fixed all TFA ironsights). 

I don't know why it wasn't implemented though.

Obvioisly with now bread being gone, I don't know who else that could do these kinds of stuff.

Edited by Hope

osu! achiever? I don't know

5 hours ago, recon said:

+ support

If possible, yea.

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

+support

Tbh, there are a lot of otherwise good guns that make themselves obsolete by kicking the entire top side of itself into your face when you ads, making them useless unless you hipfire or guess. Why stop at lmgs for these fixes?

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

+ Support

Well if it can be implemented, it'd be pretty great

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

On 8/22/2021 at 7:20 AM, Hope said:

It's totally possible. Bread has done it before and shared it in the old (separate) command discord once, worked without any issues. (Fixed all TFA ironsights). 

I don't know why it wasn't implemented though.

Obvioisly with now bread being gone, I don't know who else that could do these kinds of stuff.

Yeah its this one https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2117273609

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

+support

If this is even remotely possible, I say yes as iron sights for LMGs is like trying to shoot with a blindfold on

Retired E-11Captain Beepis 3R7H

"It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it"

-Benjamin Franklin

On 8/22/2021 at 3:41 AM, recon said:

+ support

If possible, yea.

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

59 minutes ago, russianweeb69 said:

-Support 

-This would be way too hard to do with TFA weapons and i highly doubt that SMT would go through all that trouble

From what I also know doing new weapon animations can take quite a while to get ready and test before pushing to the server. Its also best we mainly get ideas from the gmod workshop as those can easily be implemented. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

• 2 weeks later...