Staff Application for Trial Moderator ~ Some Weeb- Accepted

Some Weeb

Should i become a Trial Moderator  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should i become a Trial Moderator

• Yes (thank you, please reply with a reason)
    • No (Reply with a reason)

This poll is closed to new votes

What is your in-game name?: Some Weeb / Security JFTO SFC Some Weeb / CI RND IA Some Weeb / The Weeb / Security K9 Unit Some Weeb / CI RCT Some Weeb  and CI RND IA Some Weeb IA33 

What is your steam name?: Crusader

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:491903989

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): A Crusader#5752

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) One of our very own GL servers imperial RP under the alias Magma | Protection RP - Moderator | Icefuse Moderator | Atlas Uprising - Moderator | Unamed deleted server - Senior Moderator  (I stop at mod because I dont really have the time to deal with administrator affairs) 

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) December or sometime around there in 2019 

What date did you make your forums account? November 22, 2019

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? well you see 33 *take note that GL was my first experience with anything related to roleplay I literally did not know what RP meant at the time and also started the server while in a legitimate mid life crisis but I do take responsability) ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lettall warns here are 2019 - 2020

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) Platinum ( $1654 donated) 

Are you a staff member in another community? No 

Have you read the staff handbook? For the last 2 years 

Timezone: Pacific time (PST)  

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)  

Why I find myself deserving 

There are many reasons why I do/do not deserve the rank. However I think I have the capacity for the rank because, no matter how much you look at my record and critique every time something bad has happened I have never given up on the server. I feel that shows a unique dedication that may help prove my point. No matter how many times I have been warned or banned I have always returned to try again because whether or not some people believe I want to be a good person on this server. Another reason I might say I am fit for the position of Trial Moderator is the sheer amount of time I have on the server. Most people from back in 2019 have either resigned or left in some form. There are still a lot of people left from that time, don't get me wrong but it's becoming more scarce as time goes on. Another reason I believe I am deserving of the Trial Moderator rank is because after so much time I have mastered the MOTD and know almost all the in’s and out’s of it. This can prove very much beneficial to the staff team as my knowledge will be very helpful. Finally another reason I might find myself deserving is how much time I put in the server. I put in bare minimum 6+ hrs a day. Sometimes I don't get on because I play other games but I do get on for a very large majority. 

Some reasons why others may not think I am deserving

Somethings I often see with myself that others see is that I have almost a habit of minging this I would say has caused some strenuous damage to my reputation as well as pissed a few people off and in my opinion is probably the #1 peev most people have with me. This has also caused some major damage to my RP reputation that has caused getting certain positions to be very much more difficult this includes the one I am trying to now attain. Another thing that some people may say that might bring up some questioning  is I have a tendency to do something utterly stupid. This I admit has caused some serious trust issues and relations with people around me since sometimes I am at a point where I am 1 word away from doing something dumb. 

My Rebuttal 

All the above things I would 100% say are cause for at the very minimum concern for what may happen if a staffing power was given to me but I believe most people can agree that over time I have been improving my mingy habits and have by now almost dissolved them to the point where I am hardly as bad as before. I would also like to say that the reasons for my mingyness back then at least we're from a COMPLETELY different reason, some Medical, some IRL and some because I was not being responsible.  One that I will only discuss with SMT due to its sensitive nature and privacy. However in contradiction to that I have received help with all of those things and they are now barely what they once were. As for my randomness in making bad decisions I have learned from previous mistakes i.e listening to other people who tried getting me banned from the server permanently without appeal. I have also learned how to control my wildness since even in real life I tend to have some randomness and can make bad decisions out of nowhere. 

Conclusion (TLDR) 

You should accept me because regardless of how many times I have gotten in deep shit I have always tried again even when times were rough with my reputation I still try to push on in the server everyday and never abandon it. Even in spite of the fact that I was super mingy I still figured out a way to rectify my behavior and become someone better and even with 33 warnings I still press on and try to improve myself for the betterment of my own person and for this server's future. Though some may still argue my trustworthiness I am 100% sure that if SMT decides on accepting this they will not be disappointed and neither will this community and its players.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk, Some Weeb.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? At first I would gauge the severity of the insults why attempting to calm said person down. If the insults are that severe or he refuses to calm down then I would gag them. I would then ask for the reporting player for any time of videos or screenshots and I would look through the logs. Once I have seen sufficient evidence then I would proceed to warn the said individual for "RDMx(insert number) and Staff diss  then request a administrator to initiate a 1 week ban. 

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?  Due to the situation I would ask for evidence from the reporting player and if it looks like he is lying and blantenly abused it then I would warn for Bug abuse and lying to staff. However If there is no evidence and or does look like genuine mistake I would verbal because there is no need to warn an individual who very likely made a genuine mistake 

Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Edited by Some minge
Small redit to clarify warning time
  • Like 2

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

-support

Firstly, welcome back man, i played back in 2019 too and I have to said it was my best time there

Secondly, your format is incorrect, make sure to look into other people application first then so your. For the scenario questions, you only need to choose two only. Fix your format, make it look neat take this like a real cv job. Also, I really would like some picture of your warning too.

Lastly, your answer is very thoughtful, I really would like you to become a mod too, tho i never seen you or interact with you. But make it more professional.

• Gaminglight Love 1

+Support 

- Seems to have plenty of experience 

- Seems very respectful as i have experience with him before 

- This application is one of the longest ive ever seen and seems like he took plenty of time into this and was very thoughtful of his words 

- Has donated a lot of money so that shows his dedication to the server

- Has a generally good reputation 

• Gaminglight Love 1

+Support
-Has Plenty of experience
-Known them for a long time and I believe they should be staff from my experience with them
-Pretty Nice and respectful
-Nice Application
-Improved there mingy behavior

• Like 1

Current: [Event Team Member] [Research LR] [Nu7 PVT] [Small minge]
Former: [E11 2019 MSGT, 2021 PFC] [Nu7 RCT] [Security CPL] [Medical EXFM] [Maintenance Journeyman] [Moderator]

+1

Going to be neutral for the following reasons
- The warn amount is high, and a picture of your warns would be nice 

Positive Side
- App looks good, and is formatted in a professional way, showing effort and detail
- I had almost no issues with you and you seem mature 

Edit: Changed to +support seeing as warns aren't at all recent

Edited by ripjaw56789
  • Like 1

-support

High warn count.

No screenshot of warns.

Extremely mingy. I personally would not feel comfortable with you having staff powers.

• Like 1

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

12 hours ago, sbk_doll said:

+Support
-Known them for a long time and I believe they should be staff from my experience with them
-Nice Application

Edited by The Gaming Goat
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ripjaw56789 said:

and a picture of your warns would be nice 

Done! Thank you for your response! 

• Like 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

+support his mod app is very long has exp and he is a nice guy to talk to in ts 

Current Ranks: None :))

Past Ranks: Security JFTO 2LT Mystery|PWD Brutus MUDA|MTF E11 DHFTO 1LT Cobra|MTF E11 LS Falcon-1 [First Ever Lonestar]STF D4 "Vanguard" Brynhild HA5|Security Olympics Winner|Senior Mod|Senior Event Team Member

image.png

Don't exactly know you, but seeing how active you are and you helped fixed my game on the general chat lol I got to give you a

+SUPPORT 

• Gaminglight Love 1

Former: CI 2LT Dees | CI RnD SVA Dees 

GL: Former Senior Mod | SCP LEVEL 100 GANG 💪

Something that may help convince or at least appease some of you is that I have received a recommendation by one of Gaminglights very own Head Admin's in the Imperial server!

On 7/21/2021 at 4:20 AM, ripjaw56789 said:

+1

Going to be neutral for the following reasons
- The warn amount is high, and a picture of your warns would be nice 

Positive Side
- App looks good, and is formatted in a professional way, showing effort and detail
- I had almost no issues with you and you seem mature 

Edit: Changed to +support seeing as warns aren't at all recent

+Support
Well, You're warn counts are pretty severe, But you do seem like you have alot of experience. Also seen you alot in the server. You seem to be active, Hope ya get accepted!
yellow sus

• Heart-Eyes 1

SCPRP Utility Senior Command "Supervisor Of Utility" Faye

utlit

On 7/21/2021 at 12:08 AM, Gangster Mickey said:

+Support 

- Seems to have plenty of experience 

- Seems very respectful as i have experience with him before 

- This application is one of the longest ive ever seen and seems like he took plenty of time into this and was very thoughtful of his words 

- Has donated a lot of money so that shows his dedication to the server

- Has a generally good reputation 

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

ok so, this may start controversy but
+support

my reasoning
1. lots of experience as staff
2. been in the community longer then i have
3. positive views from the community
4. yes there are 33warns! but... people can change, and i personally havent heard any bad about weeb, plus these warns are from a while back
5. decent application, edited however
 concerns

1. you said you usually stop at moderator, we like our staff to excel and so sticking at moderator could be an issue
2. the amount of warns worries me slightly
3. you are known to minge, and with staff powers this can be deadly for the community

other then that, i believe weeb COULD fit the tmod role sufficiently and do a good job, but would need to be kept an eye on considering the amount of warns

• Like 2

RETIRED

4 hours ago, STONKSMAN said:

ok so, this may start controversy but
+support

my reasoning
1. lots of experience as staff
2. been in the community longer then i have
3. positive views from the community
4. yes there are 33warns! but... people can change, and i personally havent heard any bad about weeb, plus these warns are from a while back
5. decent application, edited however
 concerns

1. you said you usually stop at moderator, we like our staff to excel and so sticking at moderator could be an issue
2. the amount of warns worries me slightly
3. you are known to minge, and with staff powers this can be deadly for the community

other then that, i believe weeb COULD fit the tmod role sufficiently and do a good job, but would need to be kept an eye on considering the amount of warns

Thank you for your feedback! Yes the app was given small edits to make it better.

1. Yes I do usually stop at moderator, but that relates to my medical issues n such because back then I didn't have help. Know I do perhaps things may change. 

2.The warns have been a very big source of controversy for this app however I can assure you it will not change my ability to execute the role as a staff member, in fact I use it as a opportunity to be empathetic to those I may be forced to warn/ban but they want to become something like staff. 

3. Understandable as I have said I think my minging has cut down extremely compared to before.

On 7/21/2021 at 1:25 AM, sbk_doll said:

+Support
-Nice Application

Minge

• Laughing 1

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic