Re-Allowing CI to be able to destroy the generator.

IgnisNuts

What are you suggesting? 

For CI to be able to destroy the generator during a raid. It would no longer be decided as a roll, but instead as a holdout in the generator room for 5 or so minutes, giving MTF the chance of stopping CI from destroying it.

How would this change better the server? 

It would give CI the ability to destroy the generator again, giving more content to them in a way of a holdout scenario inside the generator room. It would also give more content to people that play SCP's in a way as they are able to breach if CI successfully breaks it. Also gives MTF more content as they will be able to get the chance to stop CI from breaking it.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? 

The people that would most disadvantaged of would be MTF, as they are the people that have to re-contain the SCPs that get breached if CI successfully breaks the generator. That, and the non-combatant classes would have to be more careful as the power goes out if MTF aren't able to stop Ci's attempt.

Who would this change mostly benefit? 

Mostly this will benefit both CI players and SCP players on the server. The enjoyability for CI players to be able to more things to do during an ongoing raid, and more content to be able to do being more player oriented. As for the SCP players it allows them to be able to be breached if CI is able to successfully destroy the generator.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bR5uGKRl79RFJ1UllL6klKDcBk3GNiV5IDWqdfuFT1w/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 4

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

+Support

Currently our activity hasn't been the best so I believe this could help to Improve it. We also already have a lot of restrictions on it so it can't be abused, Overall It would just have to be closely watched but other then that I think it's good.

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

support 

Its a amazing idea and sounds super fun, however, this would drastically increase the length of code reds because of all the SCP breaches this would cause. If code reds were longer, research and tech would hurt. It is hard to predict how often CI would win these little holdout since its never been done before but if MTF won them more often then CI then it wouldn't be that big of a issue for research and tech. 

There should be a cooldown on it, maybe 1 attempt a day or something large since a mass breach every hour or 2 hours would be hell for MTF research and utility.

On 7/11/2021 at 1:42 PM, Coltable said:

Think you fail to understand that the Generator when turned off doesnt even breach any SCP.... 
It opens all doors but doesnt open SCP containment doors. 

OOOOOOOOOOOO

I didn't know that... my bad.

+Support

Edited by recon
  • Like 1

+/- Support

I feel like this would be great. But I feel like it needs to be more exact like needs to not be code red or 12 MTF. Maintenance going to fix it would not be easy either.

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

It should have a restriction where it can't be done unless there are a certain number of mtf online. Other than that +Support

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

Seems like a cool idea, but like Pills and th3 said, there should be a certain amount of active MTF online, 10 - 15 would be a good area in my opinion.

Aside from that, +Support

Edited by Right Twix Bar

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

3 hours ago, Alexxx said:

+Support

Currently our activity hasn't been the best so I believe this could help to Improve it. We also already have a lot of restrictions on it so it can't be abused, Overall It would just have to be closely watched but other then that I think it's good.

Former CI 1st LT | Former Head Longshot | Former E4 (D4)

Former ma blazzu | Former HLPR Bot aV4

Former SCP-RP Event Team | Former SCP-RP Moderator

-Support

We all know how mech raids typically go and this would be exactly like them. It's super easy to hole up in a room with one entrance and just spam fire into a choke to the point where just getting to generator room would be an instant win for CI.

Also, this would be another case of a situation where MTF wins nothing besides "oh, your site isn't screwed, congrats."

Edited by Nydekore
  • Like 1

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

3 hours ago, recon said:

+/- support 

Its a amazing idea and sounds super fun, however, this would drastically increase the length of code reds because of all the SCP breaches this would cause. If code reds were longer, research and tech would hurt. It is hard to predict how often CI would win these little holdout since its never been done before but if MTF won them more often then CI then it wouldn't be that big of a issue for research and tech. 

The rules sheet is very thought out and good.

+support

In terms of it being held by chaos, it would give more areas to secure, a way to PREVENT it from being lost: 2 MTF - 4 MTF who guard it, making it actually difficult to get to/set the time to hack the door to around 1 minute for chaos ( Which also sends an alert to MTF, similar to the Mech raid alert MTF get ) which gives them 1 minute before the door is opened, to actually get there, thus giving them some time to get over there and stop chaos before its a single door 

• Like 1

+support
seems fun, but 5 minutes to breach any scp on is too short.

• Like 3

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

+/- support leaning - support

Personally its a double edged sword it will increase the amount of content for combative branches while practically locking Research, maintenance, medical etc. in their bunks until the generator is fixed.

However if regulated it could be nice to have something different. Like it being only able to be broken when there are say 10-15 MTF on and increase the time to like 8 minutes instead of 5 since if MTF is in LCZ it could take like 3-4 mins to get to EZ leaving only a single minute to fight said CI

• Like 1

Retired E-11Captain Beepis 3R7H

"It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it"

-Benjamin Franklin

7 minutes ago, Beepis said:

+/- support leaning - support

Personally its a double edged sword it will increase the amount of content for combative branches while practically locking Research, maintenance, medical etc. in their bunks until the generator is fixed.

However if regulated it could be nice to have something different. Like it being only able to be broken when there are say 10-15 MTF on and increase the time to like 8 minutes instead of 5 since if MTF is in LCZ it could take like 3-4 mins to get to EZ leaving only a single minute to fight said CI

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

+/- Support

To start it off, its a good rule sheet,
but like said from others, there should be some more restrictions. Such as it cannot be done on a certain code. In this situation, I mainly go within my +Support range, while also not agreeing to the low amount of restrictions.

The picture explains what I am. [DATA EXPU-]
space star GIF

Taking the criticism into consideration, and testing some things in-game, I have changed some rules. Not trying to make it too much like a mech raid, but it's own thing.

I changed 8 active MTF to 10 active MTF online as it doesn't make too much of a difference, and requires MTF to actually be active if the generator does end up being broken.

As for the time it was increased to 6 minutes from 5 minutes, MTF or Maintenance can easily fix the generator with a roll, as they do in events. If they were able to just instantly fix it wouldn't feel rewarding that they were able to fix it after trying to destroy it for the amount of time it took, would feel like we did the work of trying to destroy the generator for nothing.

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

6 minutes ago, Coltable said:

I suggest making it a situation like the nuke:
CI will need the CI General perms + an O5 Council members perms to destroy the Foundation generator. 
There is no roll needed and is to be issued in cases where MTF heavily out number CI/SCP's. 

The O5 Council will call the shot as they are a trusted member of the foundation while still over looking and monitoring CI. Keep in mind it would most likely result in a nuke event happening and so a RP Reset, Knowing this I'm sure the O5 Council will only give CI/SCP's such power in rare cases example being maybe a MTF meeting day. 

Overall I quite like the idea and it adds a major new Role-play event such as the nuke event to our server. 

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

7 hours ago, recon said:

+/- support 

The rules sheet is very thought out and good.

18 minutes ago, Coltable said:

CI will need the CI General perms + an O5 Council members perms to destroy the Foundation generator. 
There is no roll needed and is to be issued in cases where MTF heavily out number CI/SCP's. 

The O5 Council will call the shot as they are a trusted member of the foundation while still over looking and monitoring CI. Keep in mind it would most likely result in a nuke event happening and so a RP Reset, Knowing this I'm sure the O5 Council will only give CI/SCP's such power in rare cases example being maybe a MTF meeting day. 

Overall I quite like the idea and it adds a major new Role-play event such as the nuke event to our server. 

YOURLOCALBALDMAN.

8 hours ago, Alexxx said:

+Support

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

So I like the idea of this so I'm going to state some restrictions I believe should bein place. 

There must be 15 MTF on for you to attempt this. You must have approval from a CI General and a Super Admin+(So they can hit the button) As I believe the button should never be uncovered. As if a normal d-class got there every scp could breach their containment when the doors open. 

There would be a requirement to hold off the Generator room (We can have one of those fancy timers like for the other raids) for 5 minutes. BUT MTF will have different NLR times. E-11 of 0 minutes due to them having to run back before the raids over. Then NU-7 with a timer of 1 minute. (Reason being that if this was happening they would want to send many of their troops to stop the generator from being turned off.) Also being that you guys can easily funnel them through a doorway if you had to hold it. 

Then the restrictions inside of the room. You can only have 15 CI Max inside of the room Although Praxis Fist aren't allowed to be in the room during the attack. Due to Praxies being too strong and unbalanced to be in there. (But who says he can't roam EZ murdering MTF)

Then to start it you would need a R&D Personnel in there to attempt to work on the rewiring. They will be required to start the raid and are needed to survive. (Just like the echo-5 raid)(Although this can be re-worked to be a R&D, E4, Or CI Gamma Command Job)

But in the End

13 hours ago, Coltable said:

I stole some ideas from people above. Like this man coltnerd. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

22 hours ago, Alexxx said:

+Support

22 hours ago, th3 said:

It should have a restriction where it can't be done unless there are a certain number of mtf online. Other than that +Support

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

22 hours ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

We all know how mech raids typically go and this would be exactly like them. It's super easy to hole up in a room with one entrance and just spam fire into a choke to the point where just getting to generator room would be an instant win for CI.

Also, this would be another case of a situation where MTF wins nothing besides "oh, your site isn't screwed, congrats."

This is like a worse mech raid with a smaller area and with the possibility to cause a code nuke, it also has no cooldown which means it would just end up being spammed each time the site finally gets recontained 

• Like 1

MTF Epsilon-11 Commander | Event Team 

On 7/5/2021 at 7:39 PM, Coltable said:

I agree with everything colt and chief  say above however I just want to add a little:

There should have to be at least 6 classes with A LvL 4 keycard online so we (MTF) can actually get into generator. ( or move the clearance lvl down to 3) 

Also allowing the BIO engineer to start it given that they are part of RND. 

At the start the designated personnel who is starting the generator shut down process must advert [ACT] begins generator shut down. If that person dies in the process the shut down fails and a cool down of 1 hour begins (similar to mech raid) 

I would personally like it to be connected with the mech timer so you can’t have a generator shut down and then a warehouse raid start right after. 

Overall +support 

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5