Getting Rid of Goliath - Denied

Crazyhorse

Post name: “General Suggestion - Getting Rid of Goliath”

What are you suggesting? - im suggesting we get rid of goliath and only use him for an event

How would this change better the server? - because then is would even out the sides, with goliath, hes way to op. i saw the event poster, and miniguns arent allowed. so dual miniguns are? makes no sense. goliath had sprayed down 7 CI Solo today and still lived.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - MTF who are diamond wont be able to use him

Who would this change mostly benefit? - everyone besides MTF

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 3

19 minutes ago, pixalgamer99 said:

And yea CI does but What is Goliath 

The Nu-7 juggernaut but reworked

And did you even speak to Nu-7 CMD before making this suggestion?

Retired MTF Nu7 LTCOL| Retired Nu7 HFTO | Retired OH1 |  Retired Admin | French Canadian Man
Custom Classes: Raptor Team Jeff the killer

- Support

1. You didn't even come to anyone in MTF which you should.

2. This is one out of the four Platinum classes available. The Augurs are equivalent to a Negev.

3. The Platinum thing is here to stay and it will not be removed but the gun can be changed. However, I do not see a need. If you get a group of people vs someone the group will win. 

Next time convene with Nu-7 HCMD and SMT if you wanna change a Platinum job.

Grinding with Nu7  |Past SGT in A1, Gensec and CI  Was a great Tech Saved Beanz from doom thrice Didn't save Rang Gets bullied by Surge Loves all in the server

Custom Classes: Spy, D-Class 2304  | CNTN Bot , Raptor Team |Tango - 14, CTF

Retired DoTF

Just now, MattOminigo3 said:

- Support

2. This is one out of the four Platinum classes available. The Augurs are equivalent to a Negev.

3. The Platinum thing is here to stay and it will not be removed but the gun can be changed. However, I do not see a need. If you get a group of people vs someone the group will win. 

Communication is crucial here fellas.

Retired Super Admin Blackbeard (SCPRP) | Retired Director of Containment: Blackbeard | Retired Director of Task Forces: Blackbeard | The One and Only Omicron-9 Commander | Retired O5-6 "The American" (SCPRP)

3 minutes ago, MattOminigo3 said:

- Support

Former: Nu-7 Captain | Event Team Member | Maintenance Professional
Currently D-0007 

4 minutes ago, MattOminigo3 said:

- Support

This is also a tactic kinda thing, don't push a multiple machine guns in a group without expecting to die. Its also been less than a day with this in, give it time

Edited by Eaten

hi

32 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

Doesn't CI have their own mecha of death that they can construct?

The mech required 85+ players and 12 MTF to even attempt to construct, which then they need to hold the warehouse for 10 minutes

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

13 minutes ago, MattOminigo3 said:

- Support

Nu7 CPT Nu7 DHFTO Head of Degeneracy | Former OH7 
HSU #1 
Ex Nu7 MAJ | Ex DHFTO | Ex HSU Commissar |

You cannot just "remove" a platinum class. The Juggernaut/Goliath had the negev before, and that had the same effect. Give it some time. The dual augers have already been nerfed by me/rangiatea and are effectively worse than the negev, but is slightly easier to control in terms of up/sideways  kick and has slightly more range. It loses effectiveness at 15-20 feet. 

lol, lmao even

22 minutes ago, MattOminigo3 said:

- Support

1 hour ago, Rookieblue said:

Doesn't CI have their own mecha of death that they can construct?

Difference is we have 1 slot, that needs 85 players online, 12 MTF online, 10min wait timer + 1hr punishment timer and delta+ to access it, while this job is just mini-guns on a heavy job..., I mean look if they want the job they can keep it just the mini-guns will have to be made shit and therefore making the job useless its suppose to be able to kill shit... the reason why CI gets away with having a good gun on are Mech class is because we spend about 45mins trying to get the Mech, while 3 people can just flag up on this job that's it no work needed at all. There needs to be work involved in getting a op weapon/class same reason why someone cant just flag onto 682 and kill everyone...... 

Look there's no point in nerfing the mini-guns because whats the fucking point in even putting them on the job if they aren't good..... what just because they look nice? that's not how you make a job useful/keep it active, it needs to actually be good at killing shit but you cant make it just op for no reason, it needs requirements if so.

CI HCMD has already explained this to MTF HCMD that said Forum post like these will be made if changes weren't made, so we wont be speaking on the matter anymore.

2 minutes ago, Coltable said:

Difference is we have 1 slot, that needs 85 players online, 12 MTF online, 10min wait timer + 1hr punishment timer and delta+ to access it, while this job is just mini-guns on a heavy job..., I mean look if they want the job they can keep it just the mini-guns will have to be made shit and therefore making the job useless its suppose to be able to kill shit... the reason why CI gets away with having a good gun on are Mech class is because we spend about 45mins trying to get the Mech, while 3 people can just flag up on this job that's it no work needed at all. There needs to be work involved in getting a op weapon/class same reason why someone cant just flag onto 682 and kill everyone...... 

Look there's no point in nerfing the mini-guns because whats the fucking point in even putting them on the job if they aren't good..... what just because they look nice? that's not how you make a job useful/keep it active, it needs to actually be good at killing shit but you cant make it just op for no reason, it needs requirements if so.

CI HCMD has already explained this to MTF HCMD that said Forum post like these will be made if changes weren't made, so we wont be speaking on the matter anymore.

we told yall this would happen...... we said it was an issue....

• Like 2

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

3 minutes ago, Coltable said:

Just now, enuz 💣 said:

we told yall this would happen...... we said it was an issue....

• Like 2

We made the changes we discussed, the only concern that you brought up was the HP/Armor of the job, which we reduced to a number we agreed on. The dual miniguns are NOT overpowered, they are equivalent if not worse than the negev. I do not want to continue repeating myself. A nerf has already been applied to balance out the accuracy.

Edited by Bread

lol, lmao even

1 hour ago, MattOminigo3 said:

- Support

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

1 minute ago, Bread said:

We made the changes we discussed, the only concern that you brought up was the HP/Armor of the job, which we reduced to a number we agreed on. The dual miniguns are NOT overpowered, they are equivalent if not worse than the negev. I do not want to continue repeating myself.

This is just not true, we presented many concerns to your guys' face about these new jobs and MattO actually was a step closer to changing this. If I do remember correctly, you left mid-conversation to the Research room and did not join back after that. We told all of you our issues and all the issues that people will see with this. Even if we were to present anything to you, it would be too late because you showed us this job 3 hours before it was due to Rangiatea and we could not say a word. 

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

3 minutes ago, enuz 💣 said:

This is just not true, we presented many concerns to your guys' face about these new jobs and MattO actually was a step closer to changing this. If I do remember correctly, you left mid-conversation to the Research room and did not join back after that. We told all of you our issues and all the issues that people will see with this. Even if we were to present anything to you, it would be too late because you showed us this job 3 hours before it was due to Rangiatea and we could not say a word. 

I remember we were talking about slots and the weaponry with the shotgun being the concern about Behemoth. The Goliath class Dual Miniguns was a small concern back then we didnt have a lot to go off of.

We went to Rang and he was fine with it. Behemoth might get nerfed anyway.

Edited by MattOminigo3

Grinding with Nu7  |Past SGT in A1, Gensec and CI  Was a great Tech Saved Beanz from doom thrice Didn't save Rang Gets bullied by Surge Loves all in the server

Retired DoTF

-Support

This hasn't been out for a whole 24 hours yet and people already want it removed. Give it some time. Did you even speak with NU7 HCMD about this? Its considered rather disrespectful to change parts of a branch without speaking to the branch heads first. You should consider starting smaller with a nerf (which has already been done), rather than outright removing it.

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

If you want to change a branch goto the branches HCMD first and I'm certain you guys could figure something out, HCMD lead the branch after all. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Mind Stone said:

-Support

This hasn't been out for a whole 24 hours yet and people already want it removed. Give it some time. Did you even speak with NU7 HCMD about this? Its considered rather disrespectful to change parts of a branch without speaking to the branch heads first. You should consider starting smaller with a nerf (which has already been done), rather than outright removing it.

I'm not 100% sure but I think this individual is a dclass/new to the server, Idk about you but I don't expect new players/dclass to go to a branch head. Id expect command of a branch or HCMD of a branch too yes but enlisted or dclass na.

-1. You didn't even come to anyone in MTF which you should.

Removing a job completely or restricting it to events via the suggestions forum is the proper route to take. Making a suggestion is literally convening with SMT with the suggestion. If he was, for example, recommending a change to the armor or health of the job, then your statement of contacting someone in MTF would be proper. In this case, it isn't.

• Like 3

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

3 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

Removing a job completely or restricting it to events via the suggestions forum is the proper route to take. Making a suggestion is literally convening with SMT with the suggestion. If he was, for example, recommending a change to the armor or health of the job, then your statement of contacting someone in MTF would be proper. In this case, it isn't.

Fair enough. 

Just as long as this doesnt bleed into other suggestions for mtf classes. 

Retired DoTF