Add New Weapons - TFA Shotguns and Snipers Edition! - Accepted

Duncan  McOkiner

Yes, this was a previously-denied suggestion. However, go into this with an open mind, as Matthew's announcement on 1/4/21 stated to resubmit all previously-denied suggestions that you thought were worthwhile. Also, for the sake of the viewer, I have included what I believe is the full list of weapons at the very bottom.

What you want to see? - I would simply like to see more Shotguns, Snipers, and LMGs available. As we all know, the Nova, AWP, and Negev rein supreme in these categories, leaving little to the imagination for Government, Custom Classes, and Weapon Dealers. In this suggestion, I am not asking for these to be nerfed. I am asking for other, equally-powerful weapons to be added so we have variety.

Why should we add it? - I believe these should be added for two primary reasons: Variety and Roleplay. This would allow for Government units to carry a much more varied array of weaponry, such as Automatic Shotguns and Integratedly-Silenced Snipers - making the overabundance of Government Organizations more unique - especially as most TAC Departments internally already struggle to make their own specializations feel unique from one another. Custom Classes would also benefit in that they could easily feel unique from others in their exploration of other weapons. Finally, this would allow Gun Dealers to sell more weaponry, even allowing for a potential Gun Dealer to be added to the Platinum VIP Rank. 

What are the advantages of having this? - This weaponry would be an extremely easy thing to add, very easy to balance administratively, and essentially would require minimal effort for a huge positive impact on the server's variety as a whole. People would be exploring new metas, changing their CC Weaponry, getting departments reworked, going to Gun Dealers, using their bank storage, and even potentially joining new departments to test new Weaponry. This would affect nearly every single aspect on a server based around PvP. It is also worth mentioning that SCPRP already has these.

Who is it mainly for? - Any PoliceRP player that uses Heavy Weapons at any point in their GLPRP Career.

Links to any contenthttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1076728678

Machine Guns

Ares Shrike
FG 42
M134 Minigun
M1918 BAR
M249 LMG
M60 Machine Gun
PKM

Shotguns
Benelli M3
Browning Auto 5
Double Barrel Shotgun
Ithaca M37
Mossberg 590
Pancor Jackhammer
Remington 870
SPAS 12
Striker 12
USAS-12
Winchester 1897
Winchester 87

Sniper Rifles
AI AW50
Barrett M82
Barrett M98B
Intervention
M24
OTs-03 SVU
PSG-1
SL8
SVD Dragunov
SVT 40
Thompson Contender

11 hours ago, jackyman21 said:

+support

Would love a different pool of weapons to have a different meta than Negev/Awp/Nova rn

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

13 hours ago, jackyman21 said:

+support

Would love a different pool of weapons to have a different meta than Negev/Awp/Nova rn

1 hour ago, SupremeChow said:

Even if this suggestion is denied for some reasons which make sense, but can we consider adding new guns in general 

Retired Great Lake Side Police Deputy Chief of Police| Reserve PD Col | Rouge 141 operative| Harry Duke Member| Previous Senior Admin| Previous US Core VCMDR/ US Drill Instructors Commander/ US Military Police Chief/ Spetnaz Reserve 1LT.

US GFH25 Delta Force Operative Chairman Designation A259 - SCO19 Chief Superintendent 

• Head of Staff

Major +Support

The meta for tac is the RU556 and the Nova, adding more weapons would help make each tac unit more distinct and have different loadouts.
Having used these weapons on other GL servers I think they would make a good addition to PoliceRP.

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

+Support

I've used the weapons you stated here as an MTF Omi-9 SSGT and Nu-7 SSGT and the guns tend to be pretty nice just would need to be balanced or they will be over powered.

Previous Positions: Ex-Death Trooper | Ex- Inferno Squad Leader | Retired HRT LT | Retired FBI DCOS | Retired FBI FTO DD | Retired PD Major 

Current Positions: SRT Member spacer.png

12 hours ago, Frog_ said:

Major +Support

The meta for tac is the RU556 and the Nova, adding more weapons would help make each tac unit more distinct and have different loadouts.
Having used these weapons on other GL servers I think they would make a good addition to PoliceRP.

This would be a really welcome and exciting change that will add tons variety to the server. I really hope this makes it through.  

No it's not "Nano" or "Noah" it's just "Nao"

EX S.W.A.T Commander

On 1/4/2021 at 10:21 PM, jackyman21 said:

+support

• Retired: 
  • Police Department Captain 1L-28
  • Emergency Medical Services Head FTO FTO-01
  • Emergency Medical Services Deputy 87-33
  • Emergency Medical Services Secretary
  • United States Marshal Service Lead Special Agent 1Q-31
  • USMS Bounty Hunter Leader BHL-01
  • SRT GySGT 1R-28
  • SRT Corporal 1S-28
  • SCU Colonel 1U-28/SCU Head FTO
  • Police RP: Moderator

Drill Sgt. Kevin 1L-28

• "You do not lose if you get knocked down. You lose if you stay down" -Muhammed Ali

18 hours ago, Frog_ said:

Major +Support

Weapons haven't exactly changed much in the 3 Years I've been around PRP