General Suggestion - SCP-999 tickling SCP-682 - Accepted [Completed]

Jameshi34

What are you suggesting? - I am suggesting that the rule where, when tickled, SCP-682 has to return to its CC be changed, or at least limited. SCP-999 as it is right now can follow SCP-682 throughout the facility and tickle him periodically to try to recontain him. I think making it limited, like SCP-999 can only tickle SCP-682 once during each breach would be beneficial. Even changing the rule entirely like making it so SCP-682 is docile for 15-30 seconds after being tickled, and anyone can go up and cuff it, with a limit to uses as well.

How would this change better the server? - SCP-999 currently is what seems like MTF's only bastion with the new 682 SWEP. They send 999 out to follow and tickle 682 until they succeed and 682 is recontained. When I was playing 682, Gensec got me down to .5 size and then failed to get me down the rest, but that was still the smallest I'd gotten. The only MTF who even tried to recontain me were Crabbo and a pathfinder who both nearly got me at a checkpoint. I feel like making 999 this op towards 682 takes away from what the MTF are meant to be, the main recontainment force. The argument that 682 is 'too op' with its new SWEP comes up. If you really believe this to be true, make a suggestion to change it. 999 shouldn't be the only thing stopping 682 during its breaches.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - It would make it so 999 isn't nearly as strong against 682 as it is now. It would also make MTF's job harder, but their jobs aren't supposed to be easy either.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - SCP-682

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by Jameshi34

Gensec LTCOL | Deputy Head Warden S.T.A.R.S. Michael Jones Enthusiast

do you are have stupid?                                   goodjob.PNG.9c25ffc1a65cd99790254177add16546.PNG

23 minutes ago, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

+Support

Yes

• Gaminglight Love 1

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

+Support

682 is a very powerful SCP that shouldn't be able to be recontained 2 minutes after it breaches. Using 999 to completely recontain 682 anytime it would like seems a bit overpowered to me, I would agree with Jameshi's idea to make it immobilize 682 for a period of time or maybe 999 can only be utilized to recontain 682 if they have been confirmed breached for XX minutes or more. 999 shouldn't be able to do MTF's job single handedly.

• Gaminglight Love 2

Armored Shield | Gensec MAJ EWD | DHFTO | OPRF

image.png.e09ac0bccd380d6b8f4058660ffdf6f7.png

+ Support
But I don't think 999 should be made useless since it is pretty strong against (being able to make 682 laugh is quite the achievement) so I think it should either knock out 682 for 2 - 3 minutes or keep him in place for that same period of time.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

+Support as of this new update on 682 ive seen mtf/foundation in /ooc chat screaming at 999 players to follow 682 around and continuously roll every 5mins on him. I like the rule in which 999 can only roll once on 682 as it still makes that rp element useful but doesnt make it abusable

• Head of Staff

+/- Support

Its a good idea, but during off-hours it is nearly impossible to recontain 682 with its new SWEP without 999.  If there is only a few MTF on, we can't do enough damage to 682 before he chomps on some D Class to keep regenerating and he will end up being breached for hours. I think 999 being able to do this is a good counter to how powerful 682 is at the moment, but if this is accepted I think 682 should be nerfed a bit to compensate for that.

Edited by frog milk

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

-Support

-682 is already so OP with his new swep, he will be nearly impossible to recontain with this new rule

Current: Nu-7 VCMDR

Former: E-11 VCMDR/LT-COL totally didn't get demoted || Event Team Member || CI SFTO 2LT

CCs: Snoop Dog Owner || Previous Rho-36 Occult Operative || Used to be Reznov || CI TF2 Heavy || MTF Zeta-0 'Caste Gates' || Tango-12 'Forgiving Hand'

French Canadian man || Mbappé fan in the making

5 hours ago, vSquishyv said:

-Support

-682 is already so OP with his new swep, he will be nearly impossible to recontain with this new rule

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

6 hours ago, vSquishyv said:

-Support

Nu7 CPT Nu7 DHFTO Head of Degeneracy | Former OH7 
HSU #1 
Ex Nu7 MAJ | Ex DHFTO | Ex HSU Commissar |

14 hours ago, Coltable said:

+Support as of this new update on 682 ive seen mtf/foundation in /ooc chat screaming at 999 players to follow 682 around and continuously roll every 5mins on him. I like the rule in which 999 can only roll once on 682 as it still makes that rp element useful but doesnt make it abusable

On 12/26/2020 at 12:09 PM, Spud said:

+Support

682 is a very powerful SCP that shouldn't be able to be recontained 2 minutes after it breaches. Using 999 to completely recontain 682 anytime it would like seems a bit overpowered to me, I would agree with Jameshi's idea to make it immobilize 682 for a period of time or maybe 999 can only be utilized to recontain 682 if they have been confirmed breached for XX minutes or more. 999 shouldn't be able to do MTF's job single handedly.

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

+/-Support

Now this is a great idea, however it shouldn't dramatically increase the chances of his recapture since I can just see this being abused. Maybe a possible 10 second "freeze" rule could be put in place where if SCP-682 loses a roll against SCP-999 then he can't move for the next 10 seconds due to him laughing and such. Nothing over the top is what I'm trying to say.

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

On 12/26/2020 at 4:01 PM, Coltable said:

"𝘕𝘰 𝘐 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯'
'𝘊𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘦'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯' 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘧 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯'?"

-Retired CI MAJ Zero

+Rep Because i think that SCP-999 is very useless right now, as he cant do much and is very very rarely tested on. i think this would make more use of SCP-999 but i think it should be added along with not removing any of the old SCP-682 Rules. i think it should be kept as how it is and have 99 be allowed to be used to recontain it.

-Support

I think it's cool that 999 is actually being  utilized in an important RP role for recontaining 682. 

I understand it may be a bit annoying that there's a Meta of using 999 against 682 now, but is it actually a big enough issue to enact changes on? It seems to mostly be RNG whether your breach ends early or not to 999. (And whether a player is even on 999 while you're out.)

A 5 minute cooldown between roll attempts still allows for a LOT of carnage opportunity on 682's part, especially with the new 682 Swep.

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

9 hours ago, CanOBeanz said:

-Support

I think it's cool that 999 is actually being  utilized in an important RP role for recontaining 682. 

I understand it may be a bit annoying that there's a Meta of using 999 against 682 now, but is it actually a big enough issue to enact changes on? It seems to mostly be RNG whether your breach ends early or not to 999. (And whether a player is even on 999 while you're out.)

A 5 minute cooldown between roll attempts still allows for a LOT of carnage opportunity on 682's part, especially with the new 682 Swep.

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...