General Suggestion- Maynard being sold by CI - Denied

Rito

What are you suggesting? - To add a rule in the MOTD stating the following: CI are not allowed to sell Dr Maynard to the foundation. But are allowed to sell their Sleuths only once as a way to infiltrate the facility

How would this change better the server? - Honestly, that's pretty much just an annoying move to sell Dr Maynard because they can just walk up straight to CI base and act like they were captured. And this process can go over and over again, and if we deny the offer, it'll be considered meta game. Which I think is just ridiculous. This would make it fair for both foundation and CI because then, they would actually put effort into getting an hostage then just asking maynard over comms to come to their base and act like they are an hostage. And for the sleuths, I'd suggest they can sell them only once so they can infiltrate the facility easily, but they cannot run back to the CI base right after being sold and acting like they are an hostage over and over.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Only disadvantage is that CI won't make money by selling multiple times their Sleuths and Maynard

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Foundation because they are the one buying the hostages

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by vSquishyv

Current: Nu-7 VCMDR

Former: E-11 VCMDR/LT-COL totally didn't get demoted || Event Team Member || CI SFTO 2LT

CCs: Snoop Dog Owner || Previous Rho-36 Occult Operative || Used to be Reznov || CI TF2 Heavy || MTF Zeta-0 'Caste Gates' || Tango-12 'Forgiving Hand'

French Canadian man || Mbappé fan in the making

I would say Maynard couldn’t but I still think sleuths should be able too be sold too CI as it’s a way for them too get into the facility, maybe making it only a max sell amount of 500$ just so no one really gets screwed over but Maynard can just enter and leave the facility so I don’t think he should be sold

When has this happened? I've never seen Maynard/Slueths being sold. 

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

Just now, Yato Sensei said:

Just now, Maynard was being sold to CI and while foundation was refusing the deal because it's just unfair, CI said it was meta gaming. Which I kinda get because we wouldn't know Maynard is a sleuth, but that's just really unfair for foundation because as I've said, maynard can just run up to CI base and act like he is an hostage

Former: E-11 VCMDR/LT-COL totally didn't get demoted || Event Team Member || CI SFTO 2LT

CCs: Snoop Dog Owner || Previous Rho-36 Occult Operative || Used to be Reznov || CI TF2 Heavy || MTF Zeta-0 'Caste Gates' || Tango-12 'Forgiving Hand'

1 minute ago, Yato Sensei said:

It has happened in the past.  But i havent seen it since Site 10 came into place. People specifically sell the Sleuths to get them into the foundation and get a quick cash

[SCP-RP] Retired: CI RND DHOR/RA/CIN,  Engineer/OS, Omi9 Maj, SET.

[IMP-RP] Previous: CMO Captain, SFL, Tank VCMDR Shock VCMDR GMVIII

Officially Married to Mary 2/23/23

EMPRESS OF D-BLOCK

Makes sense, for Sleuths to be sold as a way to get into the foundation. I'll change my suggestion.

-Support
Smart move in reality

1 minute ago, vSquishyv said:

Makes sense, for Sleuths to be sold as a way to get into the foundation. I'll change my suggestion.

I think Maynard sells should only be in an RP scenario, like to get out of being in trouble acting like her was taken hostage instead of working with CI.

Edited by Orange 🍊

-/+, leaning -

i see no reason that this couldnt happen, if its like a constant stream of it though i could maybe see it as a problem, but its a really good strat

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

Today I was on maynard, the idea was to gain an mtf hostage, we had the whole thing setup perfectly. We gained no money from the sale, only gaining a hostage for RnD. So for me its a  also was a reason I made sure they only attempted to sell maynard for very cheap

Overall -support

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

I think it would be unfair for Maynard to walk out of the facility and pretend to be captured, and poor RP. However, I think it would be excellent RP for Maynard to claim he was captured by CI during a raid, and be sold back to the Foundation if his cover isn't blown.

• Like 3

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

1 minute ago, Rookieblue said:

I think it would be unfair for Maynard to walk out of the facility and pretend to be captured, and poor RP. However, I think it would be excellent RP for Maynard to claim he was captured by CI during a raid, and be sold back to the Foundation if his cover isn't blown.

What I was thinking

The topic of this discussion is quite bias if i may say so, I personally and my delta command would only ever authorize the selling of a CI sleuth/Maynard if it involved some form of reason such as the following:

1. Allowing the sleuth to sneak into the foundation with the help of MTF.
  2. Allowing Maynard to sneak back into the foundation (I'm sure there have been times when Maynard was called out being around CI while in EZ, in this situation we would take Maynard to CI base to "RP" an interrogation so that MTF do not find out he is a spy, there have been cases where Maynard has brought SCP'S to CI base and such needs safe passage back into the facility, the safest being Negotiations. 

Now on the topic of how recurring this issue or topic is, I as CI CMDR have only wittiness this happen once in person.... and that was today with my permission given. I have legitimately never seen it happen before so i'm surprised this is being rushed to the forums, that being said I still think it is only right CI have the option to fake such activities for the sake of the RP element of these individuals being "SPY'S".

If you have any information regarding CI personnel selling Maynard or Sleuths for the sake of "Making some easy cash" then i would like to direct you towards both CI Military HCMD and CI RND HCMD as we would gladly punish anyone caught doing so. 

Overall i don't see this being a recurring issue/an issue at all unless CI are found abusing it, as such i will be leaving a
-Support .

8 hours ago, 💖Coltable💖 said:

Overall i don't see this being a recurring issue/an issue at all unless CI are found abusing it, as such i will be leaving a -Support .

I’ve never seen this happen recently until this post. 
this action seem to be a very rare occasion, since the last time that I remember we did this was back on site O5 when  Maynard had only one way in back in the foundation. This is an extremely well tactic that gives them an opportunity to enter back in.

if you guys are honestly worried about “easy money”, report it to their high command. You can easily communicate with lowcommand and they will do something about it. No need for excuses that they gonna abuse it, just report it if it’s a constant issue. 

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

We'd rather take real hostages to help our R&D buddies keep their activity up.  I've never seen this happen ever. Including last night since I wasn't on. Also if colt had to give perms for this specific occasion, it's obvious CI knew it's iffy to do and more than likely wouldn't do it unless they had permission to do it at that very moment. I honestly feel like this wasn't THAT big an issue to make a suggestion about. 

Also, I've faked being captured before to lure MTF to a different part of the facility so CI was able to capture a high priority hostage. No one complained then. 

Our command team interacts with our enlisted and offer different ways to earn larger sums of cash than to risk exploiting this method.

- Support

Edited by [GL] Fizz-y Soda

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

+support Naw this isnt a pro play or anything just bullshit

ik in lore that maynard is a real doctor of the foundation but even  the rigs dont have to guard him and i dont think it would be fair for the foundation to buy him when ci negotiates. 

(TBH in all fairness ci in lore have unlimited funding and the foundation would see dr maynard as a liability if he keeps getting captured and it would not benefit ci at all to capture him)

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

+Support.
Makes sense in RP, but is just a un-sportsmanlike move in reality.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

Ok so I think that too keep cover a Maynard should be able too be sold back too the foundation of caught with CI but if that is not the case then he should not be able too be sold back too the foundation and of course if it is the case then he would only be able too be sold for around 500$ max

On 12/18/2020 at 7:21 PM, Benslaki_II said:

-/+, leaning -

i see no reason that this couldnt happen, if its like a constant stream of it though i could maybe see it as a problem, but its a really good strat

Nu7 CPT Nu7 DHFTO Head of Degeneracy | Former OH7 
HSU #1 
Ex Nu7 MAJ | Ex DHFTO | Ex HSU Commissar |

- Support 

- Its a strategy. One of the safest way to get people inside the foundation. 

- It's smart as all hell. Long as it isn't abused for the money, and is more used to get Maynard or a Sleuth inside safely, I respect it.

-  In RP. You'd buy any other foundation Doctor back from us. What's stopping us selling Maynard? Or even sleuths.

The fact they do it is outstanding, and intelligent. Considering we don't even tell them or train them to do such a thing. Now, if someone was using this to abuse MONEY during negotiations, then, yes. I agree. That would be a problem. I would happily speak to you if that was the case, and ensure that person is properly punished. However, as for this, I see no issue with the strategy.

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||