Cool down for lights. - Accepted

[GL] Mike

What are you suggesting? - Add a cool down for turning off lights as Maynard as right now the moment lights are turned on Maynard can just switch them right back off with a roll. (So far it has happened 5 times within 30 Minutes.) Suggesting a 5 Minute cool down AFTER lights are turned on.

How would this change better the server? - Make it less annoying to deal with lights constantly going on and off.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Literally none.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone besides Maynard I guess?

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by [GL] Mike

+Support

This should already be a rule.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

i mean it doesn't really have to be a rule just talk to CI command if you feel like to  and they can add that to the SOP m tbh  really solved but i mean i have nothing against this your call 

Edited by Tweety

+Support

When I host raids as CI I always try to go easy on the lights and at least wait one full raid before turning off lights but this would help with Maynard just messing with lights. So I would just like to see this mainly be a change for Maynard and less of CI as a whole.  But from what I can tell it's just one Maynard doing it so I don't think it's a huge problem for CI military. But still this would be a addition that will better help with Maynard trolling. 

"𝘕𝘰 𝘐 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯'
'𝘊𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘦'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯' 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘧 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯'?"

-Retired CI MAJ Zero

38 minutes ago, The CI Zero said:

+Support

When I host raids as CI I always try to go easy on the lights and at least wait one full raid before turning off lights but this would help with Maynard just messing with lights. So I would just like to see this mainly be a change for Maynard and less of CI as a whole.  But from what I can tell it's just one Maynard doing it so I don't think it's a huge problem for CI military. But still this would be a addition that will better help with Maynard trolling. 

comrade stop turning off the lights >=(

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Sixx said:

+Support

This should already be a rule.

^
For real though. I was on for the ordeal that sparked this (lights constantly going off and on, making me run back to EZ to figure out who's brains I needed to blow out) and this should definitely be a thing.

Retired MTF Nu-7 1LT Woods KLR1 | Hammer and Sickle Unit Helios S2

"A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."

+Support

This should already be a thing cause Maynard can just constantly hide in EZ to turn off the lights 

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

10 hours ago, The CI Zero said:

+Support

Free From GL ❤️

Maynard kept fucking with the lights earlier and every few minutes he would turn them back off and we would have to wait.

And wait

And wait again.

+Support

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

22 hours ago, The CI Zero said:

+Support

how to nerf comrade

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

On 12/6/2020 at 11:53 PM, Surge said:

+Support

This should already be a thing cause Maynard can just constantly hide in EZ to turn off the lights 

Nu7 CPT Nu7 DHFTO Head of Degeneracy | Former OH7 
HSU #1 
Ex Nu7 MAJ | Ex DHFTO | Ex HSU Commissar |

7 hours ago, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

This probably should have gone to CI command first, but

+Support

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

20 hours ago, Southpaw said:

Maynard kept fucking with the lights earlier and every few minutes he would turn them back off and we would have to wait.

And wait

And wait again.

+Support

Gensec LTCOL | Deputy Head Warden S.T.A.R.S. Michael Jones Enthusiast

do you are have stupid?                                   goodjob.PNG.9c25ffc1a65cd99790254177add16546.PNG

9 hours ago, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

This probably should have gone to CI command first, but

Why?

It's not a branch update and it's not a complete change to a class. Plus Maynard doesn't have an SOP he has told rules from what I am told so those can easily be changed as they aren't written.

+support

CI command has no say in a cooldown for turning off the lights as the lights can be turned off by jobs outside of the CI branch. You don't own the action of turning off a light switch.

The other day a maynard was constantly turning off the lights with 0 cooldown so we had to wait every 5 mins for the lights to be on for about 30 seconds before they went down again. Its obvious to why this is unfair.

On 12/6/2020 at 2:45 PM, The CI Zero said:

+Support

fr but if ur Maynard and u turn off lights u  s t i n k

32 minutes ago, Dr. Succ said:

fr but if ur Maynard and u turn off lights u  s t i n k

very mean

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

11 hours ago, [GL] Mike said:

Why?

It's not a branch update and it's not a complete change to a class. Plus Maynard doesn't have an SOP he has told rules from what I am told so those can easily be changed as they aren't written.

So just this to those told rules. "Hey don't this or else we'll remove you."

Edited by [GL] Fizz-y Soda

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

• 2 weeks later...