Maynard need his level 4 back - Denied

October

What you want to see? - Give Maynard back his level 4 keycard

Why should we add it? - Maynard used to have a level 4 and there’s no point in not giving it to him. In lore he’s a level 4 foundation doctor, and the existence of a level 4 keycard will allow him to show it to MTF (should they metagame). 

What are the advantages of having this? - Really it just makes sense, there’s no advantage to lowering his keycard to a 3. I remember when he had a level 4 and the only new room that he could access was the torture room. I think it would also help to get people to treat him in RP as a foundation doctor. 

Who is it mainly for? - CI/Maynard

Links to any content - N/A

+/- Support, a level 4 keycard doesn't actualy grant acces to anything on the site i dont believe, so it'd be kinda useless, but on the other side it might be good to show ID to MTF?

-Support, this would allow Maynard to enter the PK room whenever a CI is captured.

Edited by Falxen

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+support clearly isn't role play friendly if he doesn't have it, won't affect gameplay that much at all, and if it does it'll be for the better. 

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

23 minutes ago, Falxen said:

+/- Support, a level 4 keycard doesn't actualy grant acces to anything on the site i dont believe, so it'd be kinda useless, but on the other side it might be good to show ID to MTF?

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

46 minutes ago, Jakub said:

+support clearly isn't role play friendly if he doesn't have it, won't affect gameplay that much at all, and if it does it'll be for the better. 

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

4 hours ago, Falxen said:

-Support, this would allow Maynard to enter the PK room whenever a CI is captured.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

5 hours ago, Jakub said:

5 hours ago, Falxen said:

I mean it isnt unrealistic for a member of ci whos pretending to be a high level researcher to see what they are doing to a fellow ci in a pk room and he would have access anyway since hes a level 4 researcher in lore 

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

so because it give someone an upper hand rp should be ignored?

wow this server really is a tdm with an rp theme

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

1 minute ago, Jakub said:

so because it give someone an upper hand rp should be ignored?

wow this server really is a tdm with an rp theme

Its a matter of balance,  it wouldn't be fair if whenever MTF captured a CI maynard could just pop in with a sawed off and shoot the hostage, go on NLR, and be finished with the matter.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

Just now, Falxen said:

Its a matter of balance,  it wouldn't be fair if whenever MTF captured a CI maynard could just pop in with a sawed off and shoot the hostage, go on NLR, and be finished with the matter.

tdm>rp ?

This guys is a genius.

8 minutes ago, Falxen said:

It's almost like 6 MTF can't stop a researcher when they are guarding PK room.

SCP-RP Moderator | CI LTCOL Boozle LC32 

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

This guys is a genius.

It's almost like 6 MTF can't stop a researcher when they are guarding PK room.

Oh im not saying that they cant, im just saying that they cant do it before the researcher would have shot whomever they were guarding.

7 hours ago, Falxen said:

Support, this would allow Maynard to enter the PK room whenever a CI is captured.

And? As I recall from my time in A1, during interrogations there are guards posted inside and outside. It’s not like Maynard has the ability to kill 5-8 MTF as he’s a 100hp 50armor class. 

16 hours ago, October said:

And? As I recall from my time in A1, during interrogations there are guards posted inside and outside. It’s not like Maynard has the ability to kill 5-8 MTF as he’s a 100hp 50armor class. 

Thats not my issue with it, its the fact that a Maynard can shoot the 1 person they are interrogating, which can be done a fair amount of time with rush tactics seeing as how the hostage will likely be on lowered HP. Maynard will definetely be shot afterwards, but yaknow, NLR isn't that bad. 

If there were rules against doing sometthing like this within CI SOP, i'd be more then willing to agree with it, however as of current all i see is a major downside for what i can only see as Maynard's wanting to stop MTF by showing a darker shade of Keycard... which MTF most likely wont even bother to actualy read nearly all the time. 

10 minutes ago, Falxen said:

Thats not my issue with it, its the fact that a Maynard can shoot the 1 person they are interrogating, which can be done a fair amount of time with rush tactics seeing as how the hostage will likely be on lowered HP. Maynard will definetely be shot afterwards, but yaknow, NLR isn't that bad. 

If there were rules against doing sometthing like this within CI SOP, i'd be more then willing to agree with it, however as of current all i see is a major downside for what i can only see as Maynard's wanting to stop MTF by showing a darker shade of Keycard... which MTF most likely wont even bother to actualy read nearly all the time. 

I see what you’re saying, but Maynard probably won’t know within RP that a CI has been kidnapped, unless you announce over foundation comms. If Maynard knows that someone’s been kidnapped then at that point CI is also going to raid. 

Furthermore, considering that Maynard is a command restricted class you won’t see any minging on it. While I disagree with your sentiment that it should be added to the SOP prohibiting Maynard from rushing into the PK room, he’s a non-combat based class. His primary job is sending info to CI, so you’ll never see it happen regardless of if it’s in the SOP or not. 

Just now, October said:

I see what you’re saying, but Maynard probably won’t know within RP that a CI has been kidnapped, unless you announce over foundation comms. If Maynard knows that someone’s been kidnapped then at that point CI is also going to raid. 

Furthermore, considering that Maynard is a command restricted class you won’t see any minging on it. While I disagree with your sentiment that it should be added to the SOP prohibiting Maynard from rushing into the PK room, he’s a non-combat based class. His primary job is sending info to CI, so you’ll never see it happen regardless of if it’s in the SOP or not. 

Aslong as CI trusts that the people on the class wont minge or metagame, then sure, but i really hope the situations i just said wont happen because otherwise it'd be a real shame.

On 4/27/2020 at 10:11 AM, Falxen said:

rule maynard may not enter PK room, done
their are very few maynard so this is an easy rule to enforce.

Or you could place a guard outside

Honestly having that level 4 just to shut up the meda gamer outweigh this small problem (their are a lot of them)

O and while im here can people plz stop the "O check this out maynard has a CI sticker on his Radio??

Edited by Rabbit

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

5 hours ago, Piggu.exe said:

+Support

In response to the PK room, why shouldn't Maynard be able to save CI?

MTF Should be guarding PK room anyway lmao. 

Maynard requires a whitelist. Don't forget that. Whitelists can be removed.

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

22 hours ago, Piggu.exe said:

Maynard requires a whitelist. Don't forget that. Whitelists can be removed.

Also that whitelist is the hardest to get on the server.

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there