GOC - Denied

[GL] Inaccurate

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

What you want to see? -  GOC added as a GoI on the server

Why should we add it? -  The server hasn't had a new branch in a while, and I think (And so does igneous) we have the playerbase for it

What are the advantages of having this? - Allows for more RP and diversity in gameplay. Will also allow more choices as to what you want to be.

Who is it mainly for? - The entire server

Links to any content -  N/A

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

-support

I agree that we have the player base to add another branch, “but [you are] preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should” (Dr. Ian Malcolm). Another branch wouldn’t add to much in my opinion, especially since it would be another GOI that is in direct conflict with CI so there would be shootouts on the surface. 

I agree with Ritz, and I think that the GOC would turn into CI that shoots SCP’s (as that’s kinda what they are). 

Overall, I do agree that we could add another branch, but I think that this branch in particular would be a mistake. 

-October 

GOC is kinda just CI but scp = bad if we're going to be honest

Then there would be the issue of the entire branch just being CI breakout team. Its also not fun as an scp to be dragged to the surface and then just get shot. 

There would also need to be rules concerning raid timers, branch conflict, the actual usefulness of the branch, and who would fill the branch command.

Im going to change my opinion to a big       -support

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

1 hour ago, Ritz said:

Then there would be the issue of the entire branch just being CI breakout team. Its also not fun as an scp to be dragged to the surface and then just get shot. 

There would also need to be rules concerning raid timers, branch conflict, the actual usefulness of the branch, and who would fill the branch command.

-Support

Due to the reasons listed above 

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

3 hours ago, Ritz said:

Big Body Tony

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Arussso said:

-Support There is no room on the map for them, We got 3 new branches implemented around 4-5 months ago which was utility and its too early and it would conflict with CI

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

13 hours ago, Ritz said:

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

19 hours ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

What you want to see? -  GOC added as a GoI on the server

Why should we add it? -  The server hasn't had a new branch in a while, and I think (And so does igneous) we have the playerbase for it

What are the advantages of having this? - Allows for more RP and diversity in gameplay. Will also allow more choices as to what you want to be.

Who is it mainly for? - The entire server

Links to any content -  N/A

I think the GoC should both be helpful (as in help fight with the foundation) and unhelpful to the foundation ( like raiding at a few moments.) Otherwise this will just be CI 2.0.

+/- Support

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

18 hours ago, Ritz said:

Susel - Retired MTF person - "Teamwork makes the dream work"

-Support

As has already been brought up, implementing the GOC doesn't bring much to the table, essentially functioning as CI but fighting both the CI and Foundation and killing skips instead of capturing.

Even putting that aside however is an issue I haven't seen brought up- and that is balance.

In-lore, the GOC has an extreme technological advantage over the Foundation- it's 'basic' strike teams possess suits capable of camoflague, running up to, quote, '60 mph' and capable of withstanding .50 BMG.

If the GOC followed the structure of the other branches and had a heavy equivilent, it would be the U-HEC using the 'orange suits' which are essentially tanks- even more powerful and with a built-in rocket launcher for the hell of it.

With bringing the GOC into the server, this would be an extremely hard branch to balance while at the same time preserving the base traits.