What is the MCU?

Ender

So, I’ve seen it a lot on the forums and server chat discussing the MCU or Mass Casualty Unit. 

This is just to clarify that the MCU IS AN EMS VEHICLE!!!!!

To provide some context, The mass casualty situations are any incident in which emergency medical services resources, such as personnel and equipment, are overwhelmed by the number and severity of casualties.

The situation above, including Robberies, Raids, Shootings, Kidnappings ,etc is when an EMS Deputy or Higher bring out the MCU/Rescue Truck.

— There is no reason why CERT, SRT, etc should be using an EMS Vehicle. Along with that, the only Departments with a skin for the MCU is: SWAT, ARU and of course, Emergency Medical Services.

If you want further information on the MCU, contact me. But, Overall, Tactical Units shouldn’t he using the vehicle.

~EMS Deputy Ender DR-2

Edited by EnderKnight57

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

Mass Causality unit? Whenever people say MCU I’m fairly certain they’re speaking of the large “Mobile Command Unit” plastered along the side. I don’t think I need to go into detail as to why that would be a justifiable reason for SRT to hold that vehicle in our inventory. It’s an operations center for our units, and is rarely ever used. As a reminder, it’s only available to the Co Commander and Commander of SRT, further restricting its use time. 

Love ya Ender. 

• Like 1

- SRT Commander Blitzton 1K67 - PD MSGT Blitzton 1C67 - Future Pilot -

Hey Cutie,

It could be different but it could mean both? I’ve been told that it was MCU. Usually when Tactical  Units use it, they pull it out in the SWAT Skin. 

Nothing against SRT ❤️

Love you always 

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

• Head Admin
2 hours ago, Blitzton said:

Mass Causality unit? Whenever people say MCU I’m fairly certain they’re speaking of the large “Mobile Command Unit” plastered along the side. I don’t think I need to go into detail as to why that would be a justifiable reason for SRT to hold that vehicle in our inventory. It’s an operations center for our units, and is rarely ever used. As a reminder, it’s only available to the Co Commander and Commander of SRT, further restricting its use time. 

Love ya Ender. 

That's how I've known it, however I only started to here that term be referred to an EMS vehicle rather recently. There are two different skins that we have that are tied to GL which are the Mobile Command Center skin and the Mass Casualty Unit. Seeing that very few people in EMS ever use it (usually HC and some deputies) and more times than not, I see CERT or another tac department command using it. 

I have thought about using it as a tool for RP such as at a checkpoint or remote outpost in outskirts/ mountains, however I have not had a chance to yet.

ALs6j_EhXkr61kQS1B7NLXq2Y5mRM1v5siUmOqed

The Mobile Command Unit is not just for EMS.  PD, SRT, CERT, ARU, SWAT, and EMS use this vehicle.  It has multiple purposes.  This vehicle can be used by HC in most departments.

Retired General of the Armies | | Retired State A. Lieutenant Colonel | | Retired Super Admin

North

MCU was never a EMS vehicle for the simple reason almost every department uses them

Tac as a Mobile Command Unit

EMS as a Mass casualty unit 

SMT made it this way and i doubt they would make it specifically to EMS.

Its like saying the Dodge Chargers are PD specific and shouldn't be used by state

ExPolicerp Event Team Leader |  ExPolicerp Senior Admin | ExState LT |  ExCERT SGT | PD SM | EXSS ASAIC | Ex EMS Deputy | ExLore Senior Guard MI SHGO Carnor Jax  | EXSenate Commando SGT Taggart 

Any department can use the Mobile Command Center, however it must be allowed at high rankings. Please do not claim the truck is just for EMS and claim other departments need to remove it/not allowed to use it when your in no position to approve that. Chief of Police, and above, are department supervisors and therefor can order such cars to be limited to a department. However this did not happen to the MCC or MCU and it will not happen as it is a valuable asset to other departments. Departments can use the universal MCC skin, or the police skin, for their department if needed.

• Like 1

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor

I don’t know if anyone realized, but I said MCU NOT MCC. I was explaining the Mass Casualty Unit, I wasn’t claiming it for a Department. Don’t put words into my mouth and don’t assume, that goes to anyone, with respect of course. 

I never said anyone NEEDED to remove it, I was stating that they should have skins or whatever so people don’t get confused. 

I was explaining the Mass Casualty Unit, not the Mobile Command Center and stating that people shouldn’t use a skin that says ems is your not ems. 

Edited by EnderKnight57

1 hour ago, EnderKnight57 said:

I don’t know if anyone realized, but I said MCU NOT MCC. I was explaining the Mass Casualty Unit, I wasn’t claiming it for a Department. Don’t put words into my mouth and don’t assume, that goes to anyone, with respect of course. 

I never said anyone NEEDED to remove it, I was stating that they should have skins or whatever so people don’t get confused. 

I was explaining the Mass Casualty Unit, not the Mobile Command Center and stating that people shouldn’t use a skin that says ems is your not ems. 

Then say "no one can use the MCU skin" not as I quote, "MCU IS AN EMS VEHICLE!!!!!" and "Tactical Units shouldn’t he using the vehicle." AND "There is no reason why CERT, SRT, etc should be using an EMS Vehicle" To me that clarifies that the MCU or whatever is YOUR vehicle. I think you should work on clarifying what your talking about, just my opinion. 

So based off what you said in your original post. You stated many times that the MCU is YOUR (An EMS) vehicle only! So that is why I said it. I did not put words into your mouth. You put it there yourself. You said the MCU is an EMS vehicle, not that EMS is the only one that should be using the skin. If you have a problem with what I said, which I don't, you can message me on a platform of your choosing. 

P.S. I think everyone else is confused your trying to claim the vehicle.

• Like 1

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor