Josh's Forum Diplomat Application

Josh aka Spike

In-Game Name: Josh

Steam Name: [GL] Josh

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:181545127

Are you a Moderator+? Yes

How many post do you have on the website? 300 (Including this one)

How often are you online on the forums? Everyday and check regularly, I have the website in a separate tab. Meaning I can just switch to the forums quickly and efficiently.

What timezone are you in? BST (UK)

Why would you want to join our Forum Diplomat team?   I would like to join the forum diplomat team because I would like to continue to help people in the community with any issues they may have. Being a forum diplomat means I can also help deal with spammers and trolls by hiding posts that are inappropriate  which would otherwise left alone give Gaminglight a bad reputation. There isn't many forum diplomats in my time zone, meaning some posts that should be hidden stay up for a long time due to other diplomats being in different time zones. Adding me to the team would mean I would be able to deal with posts that break the forum rules quickly and efficiently. I am very active both in game and on the forums. I would be always looking around on the forums to ensure no rules are broken. I would always deal with any situation swiftly and report any repeat offenders to my higher ups.  I would continue to stay active once given this role and ensure to follow all guidelines which are expected of me, remaining professional throughout.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, how? Yes, I would say I have good judgement. I have been a staff member for a long time now and during this time dealt with multiple scenarios and situations. Including dealing with 'difficult' customers that find it amusing to shout/spam as many offensive words as possible. I do not take these words personally and can detach myself. Meaning I do not respond with emotions and remain professional throughout. I also know the rules and can easily judge if a rule has been broken or not. Also being staff member means I have to listen and take into account the opposite side of an argument/point of view during staff sits. Gaining all the important information needed and making a judgement fairly. I ensure to always remain impartial and act in the best interest of the community rather than myself.

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming the shoutbox due to getting banned from one of our servers? I would hide their posts in the chat box and inform the individual to stop spamming the chat in a kind manner. If they continue to spam the chat then I would issue them a punishment and refer them to the ban appeal section of the forums to make an official appeal against their ban on the specific server they were banned on. I would continue to remain professional throughout the encounter, offering further assistance if needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gaur locked this topic