Change to Cloaking Classes (Nerfs & Buffs) - Denied

PandaInShitpostLand

What are you suggesting? - A change to cloaking units (Mainly to the MOTD). 
Nerf - Banning usage of the Riot Shield while on cloak units
  Lets compare Cloaking classes to the Spy from TF2. a spy thats caught out is dead 90% of the time, that makes up for the ability to disguise and instantly backstab anyone. A caught out spy can pull some tricky maneuvers (Trickstab, tricky movement). I think it should be the same for cloaking units as the riot shield is a clear P2W tactic as it stops the cloaker from dying after being caught out. removing it would level the playing field and make a cloaker not want to be caught out and forces them to play smarter not dumber.

Change - Allowing both CI & MTF to use thermal goggles during a mech raid (not E5 raid because thermal screening exists) without needing a cloaker called out.
  This change is beneficial for both sides, as it stops MTF from being shot at by a pest before they can do literally anything and stops CI having their main weak point opened by a pathfinder or Zeta-6. Pathfinders and Infils can still counter this by playing smart (Hiding out of sight until MTF are distracted as Infil, waiting till CI are distracted with a fake push as path)

Buff - Allowing Cloaking units to use the NMRIH weapons and CSGO knifes while cloaked.
  The NMRIH weapons are fun weapons to use despite being pretty bad. For the baseball bat specifically, hitting someone will reveal you (even if hit reg fucks you) and it does high damage for only one hit as the hit reg is so bad its extremely difficult to get another hit in. some NMRIH weapons can also be bought from the armory. The CSGO knife will reveal you even if you miss (from what i remember) and its such a good weapon in its own right. Sure, theres little counterplay but thats also the point as a Cloaker who catches an unaware little timmy off guard, the cloaker should be able to get the kill and not die instantly due to shitty hitreg or lag. The Baseball bat only oneshots lower HP targets when they are hit in the head so theres still room for counterplay, and the knife can be countered by another knife or simply good aim

How would this change better the server? - 
The nerf to cloaking units everyone wants while giving them something fun in return

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 
Without the riot shield cloaking units become easier to kill. which makes the Thermal goggles timer feel more justified.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Benefits both Non Cloakers and Cloakers.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - image.png.2a601a9a9ea7d3e7eaf728a7fb2908ff.png

Edited by PandaInShitpostLand
fucked up a word

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

1.) -support, what’s a big deal about this I mean if you're shooting him with a shield they can still be uncloak, I mean just run beside him or behind him because client side is bad 
2.) +-support, Mech Raid, we can already do this, and Echo 5, I mean there’s no point of getting it because you’re right we don’t even buy thermals at this point.
3.) +support, sure why not

Also why there is so many suggestion about stealth operatives?

📂📭📁📂📭📄📁📄︎🗐︎ Owner CC: CI TF2 Heavy (without Auger)|

57 minutes ago, LucarioKing said:

1.) -support, what’s a big deal about this I mean if you're shooting him with a shield they can still be uncloak, I mean just run beside him or behind him because client side is bad 

You could, but the issue is the fact they will auto recloak when not shot, so you have to keep your gun on him

When you reload, he recloaks, puts away the shield and bolts for it, which isnt very fun to fight against... like at all

58 minutes ago, LucarioKing said:

Also why there is so many suggestion about stealth operatives?

I saw people wanting nerfs to Stealth Ops and i personally felt they werent the greatest. so i made this one with my opinions and tried to give them something in return with the NMRIH weapons. I feel that if the riot shield goes bye bye it would make fighting these boys feel fairer. although the riot shield is a poorly made donator weapon in the first place (If you can Bhop you get a free escape!)

9 minutes ago, Domo775 said:

image0 (2).jpg

image.png.3c3d62550a95fb66487d4c00f4e08bb2.png

-Support

Stop wanting to touch stealth jobs. Weak or strong, just leave them how they are because right now there are too many suggestions revolving around them and adding any buffs will just create more reasons for people to complain. They are perfectly fine how they are now. Once people shut the fuck up about them, then we can try getting some buffs in if you really think they need it. As of now just stop. 

If they really are unbalanced, then those other posts wouldn't be getting so many -supports. 

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

48 minutes ago, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

-Support

Stop wanting to touch stealth jobs. Weak or strong, just leave them how they are because right now there are too many suggestions revolving around them and adding any buffs will just create more reasons for people to complain. They are perfectly fine how they are now. Once people shut the fuck up about them, then we can try getting some buffs in if you really think they need it. As of now just stop. 

If they really are unbalanced, then those other posts wouldn't be getting so many -supports. 

literally bruh

touching the cloaking jobs would just make them un-balanced, theyre fine as they are.

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

+ Support
These are all a step in a good direction, no reason for you to be allowed to use riot while cloaked as you already have one automatic advantage in combat by being invisible, A lot of peoples points for cloaking classes end up devolving into a completely subjective view I.E. "I can take care of cloakers, so you can too" which really has nothing to do with the point, or it's simply situational and which they can be valid sometimes but usually don't tackle the problem head on. It also makes sense to be allowed to bring thermals to those raids as it simply makes sense for both sides to be prepared for cloakers, and it's tedious to buy thermals after a cloaker has been called out during these raids. I also see only positive interaction with them using melee as it's a niche thing that no one really uses in combat (aside from classes that have to use melee), forcing them to actually be stealthy, and there is plenty of risk and reward in it. These changes seem plenty reasonable and perfect for the server.

Edited by K I W W I

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

16 hours ago, PandaInShitpostLand said:

Nerf - Banning usage of the Riot Shield while on cloak units

If the riot shield stops cloaked ppl from being "auto uncloaked" then yes i agree that sounds broken as you can no longer "damage their cloaking suit" and as a result temporarily show their position.

16 hours ago, PandaInShitpostLand said:

Change - Allowing both CI & MTF to use thermal goggles during a mech raid (not E5 raid because thermal screening exists) without needing a cloaker called out.

If the HCMD of both branches want this, then sure other wise im not gonna force it on them. @Cosmic The Italian(Not sure what alex's @ is) @Toasty@Demon Dice(Not sure what danny @ is) 

17 hours ago, PandaInShitpostLand said:

Buff - Allowing Cloaking units to use the NMRIH weapons and CSGO knifes while cloaked.

So the reason why this isnt already a thing is bc when we want the cloaking system to work with melee items we have to go into each lua file and add it to every single primaryfire, now this isnt crazy bad but a bit of effort especially if its not really needed, that being said if many people would like that ability then sure I can go and do that. Just wasnt a priority when adding the Thermal system in the beginning. 

• Like 1

best case for changing cloaks that isnt just complaining about them and wanting a crap-ton of nerfs

I'll +Support it Ig

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

2 hours ago, Coltable said:

If the riot shield stops cloaked ppl from being "auto uncloaked" then yes i agree that sounds broken as you can no longer "damage their cloaking suit" and as a result temporarily show their position.

They still uncloak, but the timer is basically over 3 items over when you reload, so they get an easy escape

2 hours ago, Coltable said:

So the reason why this isnt already a thing is bc when we want the cloaking system to work with melee items we have to go into each lua file and add it to every single primaryfire, now this isnt crazy bad but a bit of effort especially if its not really needed, that being said if many people would like that ability then sure I can go and do that. Just wasnt a priority when adding the Thermal system in the beginning. 

It would be fun due to the burst damage of the weapons, and the knife is badass

-Support

Surprisingly, I actually disagree with most of this. Allowing constant use of thermals during Mech raid/E5 will just eliminate the purpose of using the class for the raid at all, I think there is no problem with the current way CI/MTF run Mech raids regarding cloakers. About the riot shield, it still will uncloak you, and you move slower with it out, making it harder for you to move out of someone's way to avoid detection, especially while crouching. I'm not positive why the mention of CS:GO Knifes was added, but every time I use my knife it will uncloak me for the normal amount of time.

I would like to see a nerf to the buy timer to make it 10 or 15 minutes. I know a 10 minute window of no possible thermals seems balanced, but that's assuming you live to see the full timer of their duration, something basically impossible. The only reason to have to buy thermals all entail other dangers completely besides the cloaking entity themself, such as:

Infil/Zeta-6: With infils will always come a raid party, which means you're basically guaranteed to either run into an infil AND their party at once, leaving you dead instantly, or their raid party before the infil. It's generally unlikely to ever discover an infil before they try to kill you (so with a raid party), so you'll never usually run into just an infil. With zeta-6, you'll basically guarantee to never fight it without a group, since they work as an intel gathering unit, and will never engage a fight where they can't substantially weaken you.

966: 966 Breach alone is very unlikely since their self breach is fairly easy to stop, the only time is when no MTF are on, making it easy for other SCPs to breach, when Maynard/Chaos breaches it, and then they will probably breach multiple, or when MTF is overwhelmed with too many requests, once again leading to a massive amount of SCPs breaching.

Dolos: Even with thermals, fighting a Dolos becomes very dangerous since they can bait you to get your back off a wall by retreating past your position's line of sight, or forcing you to turn away by aiming, and stabbing you before you can put your back to a wall, and you also have the danger of their actual raid party.

Retired: Nu7 SM Zarl/Head Of Medical Staff Zack/Medic Man Larry/HTF Head

;-;

On 6/9/2022 at 3:34 PM, K I W W I said:

+ Support
These are all a step in a good direction, no reason for you to be allowed to use riot while cloaked as you already have one automatic advantage in combat by being invisible, A lot of peoples points for cloaking classes end up devolving into a completely subjective view I.E. "I can take care of cloakers, so you can too" which really has nothing to do with the point, or it's simply situational and which they can be valid sometimes but usually don't tackle the problem head on. It also makes sense to be allowed to bring thermals to those raids as it simply makes sense for both sides to be prepared for cloakers, and it's tedious to buy thermals after a cloaker has been called out during these raids. I also see only positive interaction with them using melee as it's a niche thing that no one really uses in combat (aside from classes that have to use melee), forcing them to actually be stealthy, and there is plenty of risk and reward in it. These changes seem plenty reasonable and perfect for the server.

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"