General Suggestion - Buff for thermals - Denied

K I W I

What are you suggesting? - Allowing thermals to be used at any time, as their purpose is useful outside of spotting invisible things, this way people can use thermals at their own will for any scenario and don't get called out for metagaming, plus it makes it more of a passive system than simply just 'anti invisible players'. Outside of the potential for metagame, it's really pointless to buy thermals by the time a Infill is called out as either you run into the cloakers, you're without thermals in the first place or by the time it's called out the cloaker is either dead or gone and won't effect anything, also it'd seem standard issue that both CI and MTF would have Thermals on standby since they're an all around useful tool.

How would this change better the server? - Allows the thermal system to be used more often, makes combat on the surface more interesting and open, giving more opportunities for using the surface as well as combat on the surface. Creates less issues with sits and specifics on whether or not someone is metagaming because in the end it's going to be impossible to find a persons intent in buying the thermals.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Infills classes will get spotted more often.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Combat classes that can purchase thermals

Edited by K I W W I

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

• K I W I changed the title to General Suggestion - Buff for thermals
55 minutes ago, K I W W I said:

Allowing thermals to be used at any time,

Well this could cause for metagame, you see that their is an invisible person online and thats the only time someone would buy it. I do not think this is the correct response on how you would nerf a cloaking class.
-Support

It wouldn't allow me to put a link in here so you are stuck with this 

cloaking classes such as infils and scp-966's already get metagamed enough, this would only make it worse tbh. yall would just see any cloak class flag on and rush to the armory for thermals.

-support

Edited by Caroline

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

Only thing I’d want to see from thermals is maybe a slight decrease in time between buying them as it gets annoying when you’re one of the only people on and have no way of finding 2191 or 966 for 15-20 (I think?) minutes after 1 use. 

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

7 hours ago, Coltable said:

So basically make it impossible for stealth gameplay just bc you want to see the world like a dog??

I mean you have to wait 20 minutes to buy them again, atop of that they only last 10 minutes, I can't really imagine a single person timing their thermals to when they can buy them again so they can use them at all times. It's more of a quality of life thing since this server has so many rules, this one rule just seems redundant since the metagame aspect of it could never be proven anyways. I also don't think people will stop playing cloaker classes just because they're still powerful and a lotta people can't buy thermals as it is.

10 hours ago, Mind Stone said:

Would rather make them more available. You need to be a MSGT+ in security to use them. Idk what it is for MTF but yeah 

Yeah this could be a better change than my idea, Just looking for others opinions on the idea, my suggestion was just the best I had thought of at the time

3 minutes ago, K I W W I said:

I mean you have to wait 20 minutes to buy them again, atop of that they only last 10 minutes, I can't really imagine a single person timing their thermals to when they can buy them again so they can use them at all times. It's more of a quality of life thing since this server has so many rules, this one rule just seems redundant since the metagame aspect of it could never be proven anyways. I also don't think people will stop playing cloaker classes just because they're still powerful and a lotta people can't buy thermals as it is.

Well you may rephrase that bc yes the timer is 20 mins but its 20mins from when you buy them meaning after 10mins of use you must wait 10mins to use them again also currently 93 Jobs have access to thermals which means theres plenty of ppl who can help track and kill cloaked players IMO people are just impatient and cant wait 10mins to do something, even tho you dont need thermals to kill them just blind fire rooms.

36 minutes ago, Coltable said:

Well you may rephrase that bc yes the timer is 20 mins but its 20mins from when you buy them meaning after 10mins of use you must wait 10mins to use them again also currently 93 Jobs have access to thermals which means theres plenty of ppl who can help track and kill cloaked players IMO people are just impatient and cant wait 10mins to do something, even tho you dont need thermals to kill them just blind fire rooms.

we have case that they were only 5 or 10 guys with thermals and most of them are human job so yeah plus we have to deal with the same scp for 3 or 4 hours so yeah at least is damage buff or battery buff XD

CURRENT RANKS SCPRP: None
Retired E-11 COL and EX GENSEC MAJ

CHAD WITH GOLDENPAN612494147_jaydenaskingforHBOXD.png.8244c394c19aa3dc39251ae1e63c7ae2.png

8 minutes ago, Coltable said:

even tho you dont need thermals to kill them just blind fire rooms.

But you have to know the cloaker exists to do this, while I do agree with the rest of what you said, blind firing into rooms just creates a bunch of sit problems for meta game, and while you may be proven the correct one in the sit, it's still tedious to do so, it's the same reason why 096 isn't played often at all cause everyone makes sits over the rule of having to face your body away from them. However these can't /really/ be proven since it's more or les what I've seen, non the less thanks for your time

On 6/8/2022 at 12:35 AM, Caroline said:

cloaking classes such as infils and scp-966's already get metagamed enough, this would only make it worse tbh. yall would just see any cloak class flag on and rush to the armory for thermals.

-support

📂📭📁📂📭📄📁📄︎🗐︎ Owner CC: CI TF2 Heavy (without Auger)|

22 hours ago, Mind Stone said:

-Support

Would rather make them more available. You need to be a MSGT+ in security to use them. Idk what it is for MTF but yeah 

Would just rather a few more enlisted MTF jobs have access to them, since at least for E11 can't buy them

Past: MTF E11 2LT Global | Deputy Head STF D4 Jupiter JP9

CI 2LT Global | CI SIN Global | CatGirl Agent | V2 Worldwide II S10 Universe X

13 hours ago, K I W W I said:

But you have to know the cloaker exists to do this, while I do agree with the rest of what you said, blind firing into rooms just creates a bunch of sit problems for meta game, and while you may be proven the correct one in the sit, it's still tedious to do so, it's the same reason why 096 isn't played often at all cause everyone makes sits over the rule of having to face your body away from them. However these can't /really/ be proven since it's more or les what I've seen, non the less thanks for your time

Since blind firing is allowed, i doubt you can get brought into a sin for meta game. If you do, staff report and warn appeal. Colt literally told you, we can. I always shoot into corners when entering places i feel i would hide if i was a cloaker. Haven't shot anyone yet doing this but the fact that i can do it, means anyone else can. It's not hard. Habit i had to learn from playing on a cc since they can't have thermals. It really isn't a huge deal. Stay on your toes or die humbly bested by a cloaker. 

With 096 your argument is valid. Not with cloakers.

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

-Support

I don't feel like this is fair and will cause more metagame then good.

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

On 6/8/2022 at 12:35 AM, Caroline said:

-support