SCP 912 Rework - Denied

Cecil Stedmen

Post name: “SCP 912 Rework”

What are you suggesting? -  How SCP 912 is added to the server makes zero sense for the actual lore of 912 as currently it's just a tool for GENSEC/MTF to use and annoys everyone else as a result. I am going to post it's old ruleset and propose a new ruleset to replace it in this document below as it'll be easier to read this way.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ko_qf9YBGo49R0v5DRjGE3gw7f70yHDseDNOLkFg7co/edit?usp=sharing

How would this change better the server? - It would make 912 more realistic to lore and more enjoyable on the server as it wouldn't be a GenSec puppet anymore and more of a threat while remaining a safe class since it cannot self breach.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Only real disadvantage would be that 912 wouldn't be played as much outside of testing due to the new rules put in place. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  D Class, CI, and Research as it gives research a different + more realistic 912 to test on.

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

-Support

No one being allowed weaponry in LCZ? No thanks.

This is just going to lead to those who dislike MTF or Gensec using it to target MTF and Gensec, free for all 912 would not be fun for anyone, even if it’s more “lore accurate”.

Edited by Nydekore

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

44 minutes ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

This is just going to lead to CI using it to target MTF and Gensec, free for all 912 would not be fun for anyone, even if it’s more “lore accurate”.

Your entire argument is just something that ci goes through daily when mtf and gensec target ci using it

+support would help with more lore based rp on the server and a serious rework needed for a scp that doesn't care if you are foundation or insurgent it only listens to the police which would add more roleplay elements to a scp that has bassicaly doesn't rp

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

First, I'd rather not get kidnapped by 912 for shooting a D-Class.

Second, there hasn't been a PD for a while and, even if we had one, it would be on surface. So how the hell would 912 get up there? Fuck you if you want to give it a Level 3 card or a keypad cracker.

-Support

For a rework, I'd feel it'd be better if CI would be able to FearRP and captured 912, then "brainwash" him to assist in raids. He would have the same rules, just with it being non-CI personnel instead of non-MTF/Gensec. 

Edit: Well, I misread. Thought it said 912 could take the cuffed person to the PD if ordered to by someone in uniform. I understood that it's like a hazmat. I still dislike the idea that it'll fuck with whoever, unless I want to put on a suit.

4 hours ago, PandaInShitpostLand said:

Or, I have a better idea!

CI (Somewhat) Look like MTF/Gensec, what if we make it so 912 cannot attack any Combatant/Combatant Branch. only Non-Combatants/Combatants in Non-Combatant branches?

I've already gotten complaints about 912 fucking with my ACMs and MMFs. Making 912 geared towards fucking with non-combatant branches would just fuck us over more than you guys. We've already been pushed to the background, as combat is more or less the primary focus of the server now.
AND we wouldn't be able to defend ourselves, as MTF and Security don't give a shit about us unless we're in their immediate area or they need health/armor.

Edited by Right Twix Bar

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

Just now, Right Twix Bar said:

Second, there hasn't been a PD for a while and, even if we had one, it would be on surface. So how the hell would 912 get up there? Fuck you if you want to give it a Level 3 card or a keypad cracker.

-Support

For a rework, I'd feel it'd be better if CI would be able to FearRP and captured 912, then "brainwash" him to assist in raids. He would have the same rules, just with it being non-CI personnel instead of non-MTF/Gensec. 

It's not a PD Job, it's a suit that anyone could put on in RP kinda like how people do [ACT] Puts on Hazmat Suit for 008 tests and stuff as 912 in lore only listens to someone with the PD Uniform from an unknown jurisdiction. So security or MTF could put it on to give orders to 912 along with researchers.

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

34 minutes ago, frog said:

Your entire argument is just something that ci goes through daily when mtf and gensec target ci using it

+support would help with more lore based rp on the server and a serious rework needed for a scp that doesn't care if you are foundation or insurgent it only listens to the police which would add more roleplay elements to a scp that has bassicaly doesn't rp

17 minutes ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

+/- would be nice lore wise but would be annoying 

[Retired] CI RND CDOP Fiery

Former: Security CPL | Delta-5 RCT | CI Military SGM  

40 minutes ago, frog said:
1 hour ago, Nydekore said:

Sorry if my argument came off accusatory, I simply mean that this is just going to be a way for people to easily take MTF or Gensec in general, CI was an example as there are bound to be players who would do such a thing. However, the foundation would not allow 912 out of its cell if it were known to even have a chance to capture anyone, especially LVL 4+ personnel as this is a huge risk to the information they hold as well as to the security of the site.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

6 hours ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

Or, I have a better idea!

CI (Somewhat) Look like MTF/Gensec, what if we make it so 912 cannot attack any Combatant? (Excluding Class-D) Unless he is being shot at

Edited by PandaInShitpostLand

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

I do agree that SCP - 912 needs a rework and the way it is currently used as a half arsed Thaumiel by GenSec is not accurate to the lore. I don't think that this specific rulechange is that great, it would make 912 essentially a useless class, it would probably be locked in its CC all the time since nobody wants to deal with it arresting random people with their baton and since its a safe calss it cant break out on its own. Maybe it would be a good idea if 912 had a designated handler at all times, this could be an additional job on the server, the handler would have a PD uniform model and could only flag on when 912 is on, the handler then could open 912cc and let him out, they would have to stay with 912 at all times and give it instructions as to what to do and not to do. This job would obviously no be an actual PD officer just a foundation/mtf agent who handles 912. Essentially the same idea as this but with the exception that the handler would be an acutal job on the server. The reason for this is because I doubt any MTF would want to willingly bother with handling 912 and let it out of its CC when they have a ton of other duties to take care of. Also the chat is already convoluted with the ACT adverts and it would be quite hard to keep up with who is and is not wearing the PD uniforms. Additionally I think that 912 should not be allowed into D-Block, most safe class SCPs are but some are not, especially those who have some tools on them that could harm, impead or influence other people and 912 shouldn't be an exception.

Edited by Pisces

Fear, full of hate perforates me like a yellowjacket.

-Support

912 needs a rework, like... badly, But I feel like this isn't how it should be done.

[SCP RP] Former Research Administrator | Research Field Agent | Chair Professor of RRA - Former RRH Analyst 'November 1' -- MTF Nu7 Second Lieutenant  Senior Event Team Member - Former Admin
1738.png.2860d6d83ce908d8cece340a33865cfb.png

- Support

So D class can just walk past me and I won't be able to shoot them cuz 912 said so? No, thanks, if that ever happens I'd rather not have the SCP in general.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

19 hours ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

This is just going to lead to those who dislike MTF or Gensec using it to target MTF and Gensec, free for all 912 would not be fun for anyone, even if it’s more “lore accurate”.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

- Support

So D class can just walk past me and I won't be able to shoot them cuz 912 said so? No, thanks, if that ever happens I'd rather not have the SCP in general.

17 hours ago, Mitchell Hugh said:

-Support

912 needs a rework, like... badly, But I feel like this isn't how it should be done.

This is a terrible rework for 912 for everyone, 912 is locked in a single room, and can't do anything because if people go in they'll just put on a PD uniform on. Then if 912 is out for any reason hell just start beating the hell out of everyone for having a weapon, no more shooting d class. 

912 is already an issue to literally everyone else is the foundation that's not Gensec or MTF because "it doesn't specify it in the rules they can have weapons out". 

He needs a rework but this isn't it. 

• 3 weeks later...