General Suggestion - Buff Auger [Completed]

Yato Sensei

What are you suggesting? - So me and Fusion talked about this yesterday and we've noticed that the Auger has been silently nerfed and is in a very bad spot at the moment. What I'm suggesting as a base point is to have the damage increased by 3 or 4 points and increase the mag size from 65 -> 70. This would bring up the auger to some sort of a standard since pretty much any other LMG on the server is doing better than it now. (except maybe the m249 but we don't talk about that.)

TL;DR: Auger very weak right now. Increase damage by 3 or 4 points, mag size 65 -> 70.

How would this change better the server? - The server? The impact won't be huge since the weapon is only on Behemoth/A Few CCs but I'm sure that the jobs will get more activity if the weapon gets a slight buff.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - For a disadvantage? None really, I haven't seen anyone say that the weapon is unbalanced or needs a nerf. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Behemoths/CC Owners with the auger.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - None.

Edited by Yato Sensei

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

Auger isn't allowed on cc's this will only benefit behemoth. Auger is good right now.

+/-

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

13 minutes ago, Some Weeb said:

Auger isn't allowed on cc's this will only benefit behemoth. Auger is good right now.

+/-

Have you tested it? 

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

20 minutes ago, Nydekore said:

Have you tested it? 

I use dual augers mainly I'll test it today and get back to you.

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

38 minutes ago, Some Weeb said:

I use dual augers mainly I'll test it today and get back to you.

Dual Augers and Normal are completely different weapons. Test out the normal one. 

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Yato Sensei said:

Dual Augers and Normal are completely different weapons. Test out the normal one. 

I am sorry :*( 

2 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

+/-

BHM is incredibly under powered. its primary function is being a tank class and yet it has the same hitpoints as most special forces whitelists. if it cant be super tanky it should at the very least have a reliable suppressive weapon

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Catalyst said:

BHM is incredibly under powered. its primary function is being a tank class and yet it has the same hitpoints as most special forces whitelists. if it cant be super tanky it should at the very least have a reliable suppressive weapon

Comparing a class for enlisted to SF isn't a good idea. Comparing it to other heavy classes such as CI heavy would make more sense.

2 minutes ago, SnarledBison said:

Comparing a class for enlisted to SF isn't a good idea. Comparing it to other heavy classes such as CI heavy would make more sense.

Fair point, but that doesn't change my stance. Most "heavy" classes aren't really packing any good firepower as of current, they just need a bit of an armory boost, especially since CE and BHM are dedicated sub branches, and not just VIP jobs

1 hour ago, SnarledBison said:

Fair point, but Behemoths are built to be tanky bois and with the current state of the auger the tankiness isnt put to much use at all

spacer.png

Augers are really bad but only on one class I think. They could Def get a buff but nothing insane

+support pog

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

Not goona lie. Why would like to buff the Auger? I like the idea, but that's only for Behemoths It already has good damage, good fire rate, and really good clips size. I think this is extremely unnecessary.

- Support

What is the point if I can't use it LOL.

(P.S what they nerf about?)

📂📭📁📂📭📄📁📄︎🗐︎ Owner CC: CI TF2 Heavy (without Auger)|

6 hours ago, LucarioKing said:

Not goona lie. Why would like to buff the Auger? I like the idea, but that's only for Behemoths It already has good damage, good fire rate, and really good clips size. I think this is extremely unnecessary.

- Support

What is the point if I can't use it LOL.

(P.S what they nerf about?)

Good damage and clip size? Absolutely not. 30 damage is beyond terrible, it takes a lot of bullets to kill one person and 65 then become a pretty small amount. Also they nerfed the damage of it quite hard. You haven't used it since. 

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022

spacer.png

On 10/8/2021 at 11:08 PM, Yato Sensei said:

Good damage and clip size? Absolutely not. 30 damage is beyond terrible, it takes a lot of bullets to kill one person and 65 then become a pretty small amount. Also they nerfed the damage of it quite hard. You haven't used it since. 

I HAVE used the Auger before on my CC (CI TF2 Heavy). I got it after they buffed the Auger, and the damage was still the same at 30. It was a GOOD weapon to have. I remember it well! Maybe just reduce the recoil just a tiny bit, and you have a good Auger. It doesn't need to increase damage and clips size.

And plus, I wish it wasn't a blacklisted weapon. If it wasn't blacklisted, I'll keep it forever before they made it!

Edited by LucarioKing
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

📂📭📁📂📭📄📁📄︎🗐︎ Owner CC: CI TF2 Heavy (without Auger)|

On 10/9/2021 at 12:08 AM, Yato Sensei said:

Also to add on to this it takes about 22/25 body shots to kill someone that isn't just standing next to you and 11 to 14 headshots, comparing those numbers to most of the guns that are used on this server they are abysmal. And that not even counting if you miss shots because of people manipulating there hitbox's, so yes I really do believe that this gun needs a buff and it got nerfed for no real reason. Please don't respond to this saying "just aim better or get gud" because that's not a valid argument to a state of a weapons viability.

+SUPPORT

Edited by Demon Dice

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

On 10/9/2021 at 7:08 AM, Yato Sensei said:

+support

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 9:31 PM, LucarioKing said:

I HAVE used the Auger before on my CC (CI TF2 Heavy). I got it after they buffed the Auger, and the damage was still the same at 30. It was a GOOD weapon to have. I remember it well! Maybe just reduce the recoil just a tiny bit, and you have a good Auger. It doesn't need to increase damage and clips size.

And plus, I wish it wasn't a blacklisted weapon. If it wasn't blacklisted, I'll keep it forever before they made it!

I've seen weapons being far stronger than this and no calls for a nerf. If it's only one class taking the buff and with the 'size' of the buff, I'd say it won't do any harm. If anything, it'll make it a bit more balanced. If not the damage, then definitely buff the damage falloff so it has more suppressive power.

+Support

Edited by Sgt. Salvador