Make D-class breaching SCP's count as breaking the cell - Denied

Jack (utility one)

What are you suggesting? -
Making it so if D-Class (possibly CI to) break an SCP out it is considered breaking the SCP's CC

How would this change better the server?-
It would mainly benefit Maintenance, Combat Engineers, and Field Experts as this gives them extra things to do if the sight is starting to go to hell. The amount of times where everything is out and maintenance can't do anything is absurd. This would give maintenance something to do besides be stuck in bunks/LCZ for literal hours. Also it just makes since it would be broken, hacking something sounds like something should/would be broken.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -
t would make recontaining SCP's a tad bit more difficult but with the current activity the branches able to repair it shouldn't be that hard

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 
Maintenance, CE11 Combat Engineers, Nu7 Field Expert

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

• Like 2

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

I could see this as a potential since you know, a keycard cracker could potentially mess up the keycard slots and stuff. But then it would also be a hassle for MTF recontaining SCPs and having to guard the broken cells instead of recontaining more SCPS. But it also has a lot of potential for Maintenance personnels. In reality, this is very controversial in my opinion.

I'll leave a +SUPPORT for more opportunities for maintenance to fix.

• Thanks 1

david-goggins-lifting.gif

While I always like to improve the lives of FE's/CE's and maintenance, this one just seems to be too much. It's also somewhat a reward to the SCP for getting out their own way when every door of their cc is broken due to self breach because they spent somewhere between 20-40 minutes doing so , meanwhile it takes one CI raid to let an SCP out without breaking the doors currently. 

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

1 hour ago, Shin said:

How about a 25+ Roll to fix the keycard slot?

This would fix my issues with it somewhat, except it'd also be a bit too much to have staff put broken signs every time a hacking card is used.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

-support from my perspective this would just make the site even worse during code red since if maintenance/fe/ce cant fix it scps would just be breaking out every 15 minutes also by this logic hacking the doors to get into the site would break the doors as well , especially if no one is even on to fix it and we are on at early times and every scp cell is broken just cause a d class felt like breaching the ones that were on.

(final notes) uneeded and would only harm the site even more than it would boost activity for the respected jobs/branches

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

- Support
This would make the site absolutely blow up, quite literally. I agree with Frog that during code reds, you will make it so that technically SCP's can't be contained due to them killing everyone in their sight + to fix a CC, you base your luck entirely on RNGeesus to roll 50+. This could work if there was some changes regarding fixing rules.

Edited by Yato Sensei

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

49 minutes ago, Yato Sensei said:

- Support
This would make the site absolutely blow up, quite literally. I agree with Frog that during code reds, you will make it so that technically SCP's can't be contained due to them killing everyone in their sight + to fix a CC, you base your luck entirely on RNGeesus to roll 50+. This could work if there was some changes regarding fixing rules.

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

8 hours ago, frog said:

-support from my perspective this would just make the site even worse during code red since if maintenance/fe/ce cant fix it scps would just be breaking out every 15 minutes also by this logic hacking the doors to get into the site would break the doors as well , especially if no one is even on to fix it and we are on at early times and every scp cell is broken just cause a d class felt like breaching the ones that were on.

(final notes) uneeded and would only harm the site even more than it would boost activity for the respected jobs/branches

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

1 hour ago, Starstep said:

-Support
As aforementioned, this would just make it more of a pain to fix the Site when everything goes down.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

I mean not really. If no one can fix a CC fit him the time it takes to RC a SCP than wiat its 15 minute NLR than the SCP deaerves to be out. This wont have no effect on anything besides giving maintenance something to do besides be in bunks, as SCP's have to wait atleast 15 minutes and that's if their immediately recontained after broken out. Also this dorsnt have to make the door broken but the keypad itslef and we can make that lets say 30+ roll. Also if the respective jobs arent on than anyone can fix it or even hop on tommy. Not hard to get around that.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

-Support

The keycard cracker works in rp as something that fools the keycard slot into thinking your card is a real one. Like stealing someones password, it doesn't break the system, but allows access. Here are a few reasons why I disagree with this suggestion.

1: Having to call staff to put broken signs is not something D-class are going to do. Hacking already leaves them insanely vulnerable, having to call staff too is too much for someone being hunted. Alternatively, the SCP can do it, but that wastes their time as well and gives players more time to respond to the scp attempting to escape. If no staff are on at the time they are going to be sittting there, or they just won't bother.

2: Self breaching is a slow process for a reason. Breaking entire doors in 15-25 seconds is something not even 682 can do, letting some d class slap doors into nothing for zero effort would be a nightmare. Even with the lower rolls, someone will still have to do something to fix it and normal maintenance stuff wont apply. And what if they fail? Now there is a broken door for minimal effort. 

3: This hinges on the activity of those who can repair stuff. Without them, it falls to other personnel, which, by default, makes them have to roll really high for stuff. Make it too easy, then the system becomes redundant. Make it too hard, the system becomes invasive. There is no winning with this concept.

There are more reasons, but what I have stated already should suffice to drive a point home. I can see the merits of it, but it just does not fit.

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar