SCP-173 Addenduem Suggestion

Tusk

Post name: SCP-173 Rule Change

What are you suggesting? - 173, currently, can move every 5 seconds with one persona looking at him, 15 for 2, and not at all with 3+. However, I believe that if the Lights are out, 173 should be permitted to move completely freely unless someone with a Flash light on their clas(EX: Nu7), shines their light at him, then it counts for that one person looking at him.

How would this change better the server? - This would benefit the server as it would make much more sense, as units who don't have a flash light in their kit wouldn't be able to shine their non-existant flashlight at 173 when lights are out. It would also be similar to how 173 works in SCP-SL when the computer locks down a room. It would also give more benefits for CI to turn of the lights other than them being "Hard to see", And more of a reason for the Flashlight SWEP to exist

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - It would more than likely increase the number of admin reports against 173's with people thinking they are failRPing.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 173.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by Tusk

EX Nu7 WO | EX HSU Ragnarok
Retired RRH

The War Criminal

-Proud owner of a Golden Chainsaw

Makes sense to me. Same as SCP:SL. I don't play 173 too much nor do I have to deal with it all too often, and the chances of a 173 breach during light failure is incredibly low, so I don't think this would affect too many people. It simply makes more sense from an RP standpoint.

+Support

Gensec LTCOL | Deputy Head Warden S.T.A.R.S. Michael Jones Enthusiast

do you are have stupid?                                   goodjob.PNG.9c25ffc1a65cd99790254177add16546.PNG

+ Support

Lore wise this makes 100% sense. Also, while it is a buff to SCP 173, its not that huge of a buff. Also, I feel like this would add a little bit more of a challenge to MTF since 173 is insanely easy contained. This change would give MTF more of a challenge & 173 players more time to be breached.

Overall; a good addition. 

+Support

I've thought about this idea as well but we also have a built in light thing with garry's mod. I'm guessing that won't really count though so, overall, yea I like the idea. At least I'm willing to try it out :)) 

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

7 hours ago, Jameshi34 said:

Makes sense to me. Same as SCP:SL. I don't play 173 too much nor do I have to deal with it all too often, and the chances of a 173 breach during light failure is incredibly low, so I don't think this would affect too many people. It simply makes more sense from an RP standpoint.

+Support

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

+ Support
It's only fair, you wouldn't be able to see 173 in pitch black unless you have a flashlight or nightvision!

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

+Support, I think this would be a nice addition to 173.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

(- support) if this is for the maglight that some people spawn with that's because no gensec classes that I'm aware of (maybe wardens?) spawn with that..and 173 is literally right next to d-block letting him basically go on a rampage even if you can see him by using your (f) key flashlight.

(+support) if this is for the (f) key flashlight.

+Support

This is a good idea, however just to clarify this is for maglights right? This would be a pointless addition if it was for the f key flashlight. It wouldn't be very hard or unfair at all for just three people to buy maglights to point at 173. Nu7 even spawn with them by default so it wouldn't be that op. This would make 173 actually a slight threat sometimes instead of pretty much worthless and able to be contained by anyone. Even dclass can easily survive the current 173 and this addition would still only make him stronger when the lights are off and he is breached at the same time. 

F flashlights shouldn't count

Maglights and physical flashlights only should count to rc 173

Lead Researcher M || Gensec SM // E11 CPL James

On 3/28/2021 at 2:38 PM, Rektify said:

+Support

I've thought about this idea as well but we also have a built in light thing with garry's mod. I'm guessing that won't really count though so, overall, yea I like the idea. At least I'm willing to try it out :)) 

+support and same as rektify

|  Former Nu7 IFE IRCN IBHM SGT  | Former Security JFTO SM | Former JWD Warden | Former A1 SF 2LT| Former RRH Guardian Zulu 1                                                                      

+support

Normal flashlights shouldn't count.

But if someone has a maglight it should count as it is a physical flashlight we have than a magical flashlight that appears out of nowhere. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

3 hours ago, Chief_ said:

+support

Normal flashlights shouldn't count.

But if someone has a maglight it should count as it is a physical flashlight we have than a magical flashlight that appears out of nowhere. 

In a facility where entities exist that break the laws of our reality. Exist despite against all laws of nature or otherwise. In a world where there are entities that if you even speak their name or think about them they can rip you from existence and erase the memory of you for all time. 

Where researchers and guards are of the highest skill and in the highest risk environment in the world. Where the difference between going home another night and being rendered a pink mist is based on millisecond reactions. Where these personnel are given the HIGHEST level of gear available to make sure these entities stay, Secure, Contained, And Protected. 

Flashlights on guns, cellphones, helmets, etc. are magical and appear out of nowhere. 

Designate it Keter and let's go home.

Edited by royalderg

+ Support 

Although at face value I am extremely worried that it would make 173 an absolute monster and a mess for staff to deal with because of all the situations where 173 may not have known who and who has a flashlight, I think it would certainly bring more value to playing and breaching as this SCP. Another concern is that this is essentially the only SCP in LCZ, that’s where GenSec is, the newer players. I would hope to find some way to ensure they don’t get dunked on but nevertheless, change is always, changable. 

[SCP-RP]

Current : Nothing

Ex MTF E11 1LT Slick | Senior Admin - Support I

On 3/28/2021 at 9:24 PM, recon said:

+ Support

Lore wise this makes 100% sense. Also, while it is a buff to SCP 173, its not that huge of a buff. Also, I feel like this would add a little bit more of a challenge to MTF since 173 is insanely easy contained. This change would give MTF more of a challenge & 173 players more time to be breached.

Overall; a good addition. 

On 4/2/2021 at 12:28 AM, Bread said:

+Support on having to use an actual flashlight to spot SCP-173

Yes, Not the normal Flashlight please only maglights.

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR