“General Suggestion - New researcher rank/class" - Denied

CatFIsh {FE}

Do you like this idea  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this idea

• yes
    • no
    • needs work but good idea

What are you suggesting? - I have an idea for a new class or rank that you can be trained for called "Emergency Researcher" where researchers can go out during defcon 3-2 to prevent other scps from breaching and making the situation worse. I have seen plenty of times while playing being stuck inside research bunks while more and more scps advert to escape, and im not able to prevent them from breaching. (Open to suggestions)

How would this change better the server? - It would allow researchers to prevent the facility from falling into more chaos and becoming worse for everyone. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - No, it would just require training for the rank/class

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Research/whole foundation

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/a

EDIT 1: This edit is to state directly that its NOT a recontainment or combat class/rank. its merely to allow researchers to prevent scps from breaching by delievering the scps requests.

Edited by CatFIsh {FE}
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

We don’t need more combatant research classes as RIG exists and MTF deal with SCPs

not a combatant class at all, just allows researchers to preform needed duties to prevent more scps from breaching during defcon 2 and when other scps are roaming.

10 minutes ago, kingdoms_3 said:

This is gonna be auto denied, You need to follow the suggestions format.

format fixed, thank you for letting me know.

Though I don’t have power over the forums suggestions. I would denied this. This is completely unneeded. We got MTF for a reason. We got wardens that can handle the work if needed. We even got CI that may offer their hand for assisting the recontainments.

Suggestions like this should go to lowcommand>HighCommand>SiteAdmins. On the forums, you’re leaving it up to SMT. This is something command can do.

1 hour ago, CatFIsh {FE} said:

I have seen plenty of times while playing being stuck inside research bunks while more and more scps advert to escape, and im not able to prevent them from breaching.

Also, research is meant for research. If you wanna recontain SCP, or prevent breaches, join mtf.

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

25 minutes ago, Skela said:

Though I don’t have power over the forums suggestions. I would denied this. This is completely unneeded. We got MTF for a reason. We got wardens that can handle the work if needed. We even got CI that may offer their hand for assisting the recontainments.

Suggestions like this should go to lowcommand>HighCommand>SiteAdmins. On the forums, you’re leaving it up to SMT. This is something command can do.

Also, research is meant for research. If you wanna recontain SCP, or prevent breaches, join mtf.

This suggestion takes away from other branches. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

-Support

Researches main job is to research not involve themselves in combat or in the recontainment of scps,  if this would to be added to the server it would take away from the jobs of both Nu7 And E11 (some of there main jobs being to recontain scps)

Edited by Rotten

1 hour ago, Rotten said:

-Support

Researches main job is to research not involve themselves in combat or in the recontainment of scps,  if this would to be added to the server it would take away from the jobs of both Nu7 And E11 (some of there main jobs being to recontain scps)

2 hours ago, Skela said:

I feel like people are reading it wrong and not realizing sdome things, First its not a combat class. Second its NOT a recontainment class. This CLASS OR RANK is meant to PREVFENT Further breaches. For example: Scp 457 needs gasoline or else hes going to start breaching, and its defcon 2. this CLASS OR RANK would allow a researcher to deliever the gasoline to his CC to PREVENT (NOT RECONTAIN) him from starting the rbeaching process. 

17 minutes ago, CatFIsh {FE} said:

I feel like people are reading it wrong and not realizing sdome things, First its not a combat class. Second its NOT a recontainment class. This CLASS OR RANK is meant to PREVFENT Further breaches. For example: Scp 457 needs gasoline or else hes going to start breaching, and its defcon 2. this CLASS OR RANK would allow a researcher to deliever the gasoline to his CC to PREVENT (NOT RECONTAIN) him from starting the rbeaching process. 

Feeding SCPs is MTF's job hence why people are saying why this takes away from other branches.

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

1 hour ago, Rotten said:

-Support

We already have all these 05 researchers and research command that run around acting more like MTF and GENSEC than actually researching

this is uneeded

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

10 hours ago, CatFIsh {FE} said:

"Its not a recontainment class. This class or rank is meant to prevent further breaches"
Pretty much what MTF does. My opinion still stands, I find this class/rank unneeded due to the fact this is taking away other people job.

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

On 12/6/2020 at 10:38 PM, Rotten said:

-Support

Gensec LTCOL | Deputy Head Warden S.T.A.R.S. Michael Jones Enthusiast

do you are have stupid?                                   goodjob.PNG.9c25ffc1a65cd99790254177add16546.PNG

On 12/6/2020 at 10:38 PM, Rotten said:

-Support

Nu7 CPT Nu7 DHFTO Head of Degeneracy | Former OH7 
HSU #1 
Ex Nu7 MAJ | Ex DHFTO | Ex HSU Commissar |

On 12/6/2020 at 8:06 PM, CatFIsh {FE} said:

not a combatant class at all, just allows researchers to preform needed duties to prevent more scps from breaching during defcon 2 and when other scps are roaming.

format fixed, thank you for letting me know.

The only thing research does too prevent an SCP from breaching is give 049 a book and why would this be needed because research giving SCPs D class for tests don’t count towards there breaching and research is an RP branch, also maintenance can stop an SCP from breaching when it gets too the doors just no one gets too it in time or notices, and MTF could do that job of stopping SCPs from breaching they are just too focused on the things already breaching

• 2 weeks later...

-Support, reasons already stated above.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector