Should I be staff?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be staff?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Garlic

What is your steam name?: Garlic

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:228590597

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain): Yes, I have previously served with Gaminglight as an Admin and Served as an Senior Event Team Member all in the SCPRP server.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly): I was playing in the early 2019. However, I recently got back on and i cannot wait to be on the staff team again.

What date did you make your forums account?: Jan/1/2019

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)?: Platinum

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)?  I currently have 3 warns on SCPRP all in the early 2019s  

What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator 

Have you donated? Yes, 180 USD

Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)? No I am not staff on another community.

Have you read the staff guidelines at

? You will be tested on it: Yes I have.

Timezone: PST

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): N/A

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum): I joined the Gaminglight community in the late 2018s to play on SCPRP servers. Back then, we were playing on the old map before everything was updated to what we know as of right now.  Something about the player base encouraged me to apply for staff as I have a tendency to perfect something I love. I put in dedication in the things that I decide to do. Evidently, In the 7 months that I was staff, I achieved the rank of Admin and Senior event team member.  However, due to personal problems, I had to forcibly resign from staff. Now that it is solved, I plan continue serving for Gaminglight. One of the reasons in which I believe I am qualified for the Trail Moderator position is my rich experience from the past. In the seven month in which I was active as a staff member of this community, I have familiarized my self with almost all of the admin commands, admin tools and been in many sits with numerous challenges and scenarios in which I all have experience with. Furthermore, my experience in RP allows me to handle more sits on RP questions with precision and accuracy thus increasing my efficiency and versatility. Even more so, I am also capable of maintaining professionalism at all times which can be quite beneficial during sits. As an ex-staff, I practiced high respect for others despite if they are strangers and heavily believe that everyone should deserve an second chance. I once contributed something that I like, and now, I intend to continue doing so.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? Assuming that this has occurred while I am roleplaying, I would immediately switch off the RP job upon notification and switch to the admin job. !cloak and !god. Then, I would proceed to claim the sit, and go to the location the player is mass RDMing (!goto [player] or !noclip). If confirmed that it is a case of mass RDM, then I would go ahead and bring the player to one of the four available staff sit rooms and isolate the player from the RP environment. From here on, it is all about making decisions and issuing punishment according to the situation (Does the player have NITRP? Does the player have numerous warns? Does the player play on the server a lot or is it just a player that plans to MRDM his/her's first time on?). Right off the bat, I would attempt to calm the player down and attempt to extract information on why he mass RDMed. However, given the question, the player has no intention of answering my question and disrespects me. After that, it is confirmed that there are two things that are given: The player is mass RDMing and he/she is disrespecting me. According to the staff handbook, a MRDM is already a 5+ day ban and a formal warning (!warn [player] [reason]) plus a formal warning for staff diss or 600s added on to the already 5-day ban. When moderating, it is important to keep in mind that I, as a staff, am attempting to moderate to give players a positive experience not to just straight-up banning people; thus encourages me to not add any more unnecessary punishments. It is to be noted that after determining the least amount of time for issued punishment that as a trial moderator, I cannot issue jail time that exceeds 300s. This prompts me to call in an ADMIN+ to issue a long-term ban as moderator and SNR mod cannot issue a ban that exceeds 4+ hours.

image.png

Edited by Garlic
  • Gaminglight Love 1

I'm Just a Big Tom and Jerry Fan. 

tenor--1-.gif.701eb66430b7956f5cac65c4ce677b06.gif

+/- Support 

Just came back a little over half a day ago 😕

But I would like to see Garlic on the staff team, I have seen his responses and how he act's he give pretty good information and feedback to others and has proven himself credible in being knowledgeable of the rules so I will change to a +/- 

Edited by Dragin

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

-Support, you got back less then a week ago, and plenty has changed since then.

51 minutes ago, Garlic said:

Senior Event Team Member

Which, for the record, you got demoted from.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

15 minutes ago, Phillers said:

-Support, you got back less then a week ago, and plenty has changed since then.

Which, for the record, you got demoted from.

Yikes, -Support then.

Your Application is still flawless, but you need more time and your current record is not clean right now.

• Like 1

Foundation Archivist | Operations Supervisor | SCP-RP Senior Admin Forums Diplomat | Support 1 |

DENIED.

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided not to accept you for staff. This can be because of your application, experience, behavior, feedback, or other unstated reasons. You may re-apply in 1 week.

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."