Please SMT

Nimo

• Manager

Please do something about targeting.(Not going to start and argument or ruin my reputation but) Snar/SMT said "They want to make GL servers into safe spot" but in reality there are people in the community who are getting targeted constantly! One way to make GL a safe place is to stop this. The people who really get targeted are the younger ones and if the younger people don't feel like there safe then they'll leave which you guys don't want. What i'm trying to say is please do something about targeting maybe ban them for a week or crack down on these kinds of things please. Thank you for reading this if you are.

P.S. Don't take this in a bad way just trying to get my honest feelings out there

• Thanks 3

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

Hello Nimo,

I see where you're coming from, If you think people are getting targeted or being bullied you need to either, Report it on the forums or Request SMT in teamspeak. The Senior-Management  Team will not know who's being targeted or who's bullying the person without any sort of information. Everyone should be treated with respect and everyone should feel welcome to the Gaminglight community, If people are just targeting the younger kids then it just shows that you don't respect them because, they look up to you as a role model. But other than that if you see someone getting bullied or being targeted you need to request SMT straight away.

~ Senior-Moderator Munchies

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

• Manager
3 minutes ago, Munchies1 said:

Hello Nimo,

I see where you're coming from, If you think people are getting targeted or being bullied you need to either, Report it on the forums or Request SMT in teamspeak. The Senior-Management  Team will not know who's being targeted or who's bullying the person without any sort of information. Everyone should be treated with respect and everyone should feel welcome to the Gaminglight community, If people are just targeting the younger kids then it just shows that you don't respect them because, they look up to you as a role model. But other than that if you see someone getting bullied or being targeted you need to request SMT straight away.

I tried to tell SMT already (not being rude or anything)but SMT don't do anything about it.

3 minutes ago, Nimo said:

I tried to tell SMT already (not being rude or anything)but SMT don't do anything about it.

Hello Nimo,

I see where you're coming, But you need some sort of evidence/Information because that can't really do much without some sort of evidence/information. As I'm only a Senior-Moderator I wouldn't know how SMT do there jobs, But you do need to understand that sometimes they're very busy or they have something on that is important. But other than that I hope you have a nice day!

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

Nimo, I totally agree with what you said. The younger gamers in our community are constantly being targeted or disrespected solely for the reason that they have a high pitch voice. I have heard “Why is a 5 year old PD Command” and “Who let a squeaker become staff” and many more disrespectful comments to the younger players. It is disgusting. On top of that, the player usually gets off with a verbal warning and I feel there should be more consequences than a verbal warning. The more the younger players get disrespected the less enthusiasm and urge they have to play GL. 

• Like 1

Nimo, I 100% Agree and some people on StarwarsRP have started to mock and bully other members once again and may i just say, I record my game-play and my team-speak is heard as desktop sound. I don't care if you are a admin, SMT or a member my response will be the same and i will go straight to SMT with my evidence.

In my opinion it is disgusting and if anyone has experienced anything like this on any gaminglight server feel free to contact me and ill help you the best i can.

<3

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

7 hours ago, Tim Brown said:

Nimo, I totally agree with what you said. The younger gamers in our community are constantly being targeted or disrespected solely for the reason that they have a high pitch voice. I have heard “Why is a 5 year old PD Command” and “Who let a squeaker become staff” and many more disrespectful comments to the younger players. It is disgusting. On top of that, the player usually gets off with a verbal warning and I feel there should be more consequences than a verbal warning. The more the younger players get disrespected the less enthusiasm and urge they have to play GL. 

Tbh younger staff have better tempers and evetually develop into very mature and kind staff members, and in departments too.

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

On 9/7/2018 at 3:25 PM, Kim Yo Suk said:

Umbrella Corp always welcomes all young ones as long they are mature and have a good attitude. And I make sure they are not bully within Umbrella Corp and TBH everyone is having fun young and old. And I love the way Umbrella Corp became.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:02 AM, Munchies1 said:

Hello Nimo,

Hello Nimo,

While I can not speak for everyone; I will say that I and other members of the Senior Management Team have made great strides to remove this behavior from this community. As you have even stated, Snar did address the issue. Not to say that him acknowledging the issue is the only step in this difficult process. I on multiple occasions have addressed and chastised the toxic type of behavior and currently attempting to enforce rules to counter act these actions. I can speak for all members of the Senior Management Team when I say that we completely denounce any type of bullying that takes place on any of our servers no matter the reasoning. If anyone has any questions about my statement I would be more than happy elaborate. Thank you for restating this issue and I hope you have a lovely day!

Respectfully,

Manager John

• Like 2

"Proud to be a T-Mod and here to help!"

[MilitaryRP] General of the Army

[PoliceRP] SGT Johns 1D46 & SNR Trooper & [Former] EMS Deputy Chief

• Manager
3 hours ago, John_ said:

Hello Nimo,

While I can not speak for everyone; I will say that I and other members of the Senior Management Team have made great strides to remove this behavior from this community. As you have even stated, Snar did address the issue. Not to say that him acknowledging the issue is the only step in this difficult process. I on multiple occasions have addressed and chastised the toxic type of behavior and currently attempting to enforce rules to counter act these actions. I can speak for all members of the Senior Management Team when I say that we completely denounce any type of bullying that takes place on any of our servers no matter the reasoning. If anyone has any questions about my statement I would be more than happy elaborate. Thank you for restating this issue and I hope you have a lovely day!

Respectfully,

Manager John

Thank you for clarifying! 

I just want to point out, no matter how brutally rude this is going to sound. This post does absolutely nothing, It's the same thing we have been saying for years.

We always deal with harassment cases if proper evidence is provided. We always make posts regarding these issues and If proper evidence is not provided then there is very little we can do. We might speak with the person starting it, but that usually just ends up with them saying they haven't done anything. 

In this post, you are doing the same thing. Pointing out something, without evidence, so we can't do anything about it. 
Trust me, we know people get harassed because of whatever reasons. SMT is not ignorant and we do not always have to be involved in these situations. If someone is being bullied or harassed bring it to an Admin or even a Super Admin. Chain of Command is still in effect, and the majority of the time an Admin or SA can deal with the situations brought to us.

Now with that said, to anyone who is being harassed or "Targeted" please come to speak with JMT then SMT. Even if you don't have evidence we will speak with the person being accused and follow up with you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gaur said:

I just want to point out, no matter how brutally rude this is going to sound. This post does absolutely nothing, It's the same thing we have been saying for years.

We always deal with harassment cases if proper evidence is provided. We always make posts regarding these issues and If proper evidence is not provided then there is very little we can do. We might speak with the person starting it, but that usually just ends up with them saying they haven't done anything. 

In this post, you are doing the same thing. Pointing out something, without evidence, so we can't do anything about it. 
Trust me, we know people get harassed because of whatever reasons. SMT is not ignorant and we do not always have to be involved in these situations. If someone is being bullied or harassed bring it to an Admin or even a Super Admin. Chain of Command is still in effect, and the majority of the time an Admin or SA can deal with the situations brought to us.

Now with that said, to anyone who is being harassed or "Targeted" please come to speak with JMT then SMT. Even if you don't have evidence we will speak with the person being accused and follow up with you. 

Well said, Gaur. I agree. No offense though, Nimo.

Edited by Dane

7 hours ago, Gaur said:

Well said, Gaur.

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor

• Manager
7 hours ago, Gaur said:

Gaur, I understand your point but I'm just going to say this. When I did come to you with evidence with a person (not going to say names) who kept harassing /targeting me (and you saw it for yourself) you just talked to them and that's it even when they were arguing with you, isn't arguing with SMT a strikable offence? This member was also part of the Staff team always messing up to with complaints. That is all I'm trying to say, just trying to prove my point in the case that it will sorta help the community.

4 minutes ago, Nimo said:

Gaur, I understand your point but I'm just going to say this. When I did come to you with evidence with a person (not going to say names) who kept harassing /targeting me (and you saw it for yourself) you just talked to them and that's it even when they were arguing with you, isn't arguing with SMT a strikable offence? This member was also part of the Staff team always messing up to with complaints. That is all I'm trying to say, just trying to prove my point in the case that it will sorta help the community.

Hello Nimo,

I was saddened to hear that this happened and I do sympathise for you. If you ever feel like the situation was not handled correctly and you have expressed this with the Management member dealing with the particular situation; I and other members of the Senior Management Team would be more than welcoming to hear you through as a second opinion. Furthermore, I would like to restate that we as members of the Senior Management Team do not allow any form of bullying, and especially from staff members. If you have any questions or concerns about my statements, I would be more than happy to accommodate any questions. I hope you have an amazing day and enjoy your time on Gaminglight!

Respectfully,

Manager John | Human Resources Representative

• Like 2

"Proud to be a T-Mod and here to help!"

[MilitaryRP] General of the Army

[PoliceRP] SGT Johns 1D46 & SNR Trooper & [Former] EMS Deputy Chief

• Bread locked this topic