What's the point of PD meetings?

Boonie McBone

It might be your Timezone or maybe you just aren’t on when there are meeting. There have been multiple meetings this week. The point of PD Meetings is to bring PD together and assess what we are doing wrong, what we could improve on, and what we are doing good. Followed by promotions if deserved. No need to disrespect command like that.

17 minutes ago, Tim Brown said:

It might be your Timezone or maybe you just aren’t on when there are meeting. There have been multiple meetings this week. The point of PD Meetings is to bring PD together and assess what we are doing wrong, what we could improve on, and what we are doing good. Followed by promotions if deserved. No need to disrespect command like that.

Bro, I've been up all night for the past 3 days... There was 1 PD meeting, and it was a minge fest. I know what PD meetings are meant to be, but it's definitely not the timezone.

We don't like to have too many PD meetings as they are usually quite unorganised and take up too much time but when we do do them, they're usually because of an issue that's happened for a few people. Currently I am hosting training sessions alongside a PD meeting every Friday that I'm available at around 9pm BST. Ill have a talk to other high command about this issue to see if we can get some more regular organised meetings hosted with at least 1 high command member.

As for promotions, we no longer promote everyone in meetings unless we deem them worthy of one. If we were to promote everyone straight away at every meeting, there would be no point in a ranking structure as everyone will be up to SM in a couple of weeks. I myself would like to see more promotions being handed out by all of command but it can get tricky when less people are staying dedicated to PD. 

Assistant Chief Bob Bob

Edited by -Unknown-

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

1 hour ago, -Unknown- said:

We don't like to have too many PD meetings as they are usually quite unorganised and take up too much time but when we do do them, they're usually because of an issue that's happened for a few people. Currently I am hosting training sessions alongside a PD meeting every Friday that I'm available at around 9pm BST. Ill have a talk to other high command about this issue to see if we can get some more regular organised meetings hosted with at least 1 high command member.

As for promotions, we no longer promote everyone in meetings unless we deem them worthy of one. If we were to promote everyone straight away at every meeting, there would be no point in a ranking structure as everyone will be up to SM in a couple of weeks. I myself would like to see more promotions being handed out by all of command but it can get tricky when less people are staying dedicated to PD. 

Assistant Chief Bob Bob

4 hours ago, Tim Brown said:

Maybe the PD command deserves it. Most PD command are only command for the title. Nobody actually plays PD as command, they just do it for their rank. The thing with PD is that they're restricted as apposed to  lots of more "fun" departments that are able to take care of the high crime, and the guys with guns. That's why I think that the PD command needs to be revamped to the low command (like SGT's and SM's that are seen on PD every day). I, myself, have never seen a PD high command member roleplaying as PD. They are either not seen in-game, or in another department.

In conclusion, maybe PD Command needs to be restricted to only PD to allow for more development within the department. (maybe I'll blow up the suggestions forum again haha)

40 minutes ago, Boonie McBone said:

Maybe the PD command deserves it. Most PD command are only command for the title. Nobody actually plays PD as command, they just do it for their rank. The thing with PD is that they're restricted as apposed to  lots of more "fun" departments that are able to take care of the high crime, and the guys with guns. That's why I think that the PD command needs to be revamped to the low command (like SGT's and SM's that are seen on PD every day). I, myself, have never seen a PD high command member roleplaying as PD. They are either not seen in-game, or in another department.

In conclusion, maybe PD Command needs to be restricted to only PD to allow for more development within the department. (maybe I'll blow up the suggestions forum again haha)

So your suggesting that ALL PD command are inactive and that you are SO active that you can judge us on that scale? 

Have you ever been in a command position, put effort into the people you command, ever thought that some appreciation may be due for command members instead of insulting them because you just haven't seen one in the little time you've played recently?

Because if so, you should know that people with an attitude like yours will not last long in ANY department and people who don't appreciate the effort that others put in to keep PD running are not likely to keep the rank that they possess. I'd suggest that instead of insulting us you ask us to resolve some issues as an attitude like yours that you have displayed in this post, is not one that anyone likes.

3 minutes ago, -Unknown- said:

So your suggesting that ALL PD command are inactive and that you are SO active that you can judge us on that scale? 

Have you ever been in a command position, put effort into the people you command, ever thought that some appreciation may be due for command members instead of insulting them because you just haven't seen one in the little time you've played recently?

Because if so, you should know that people with an attitude like yours will not last long in ANY department and people who don't appreciate the effort that others put in to keep PD running are not likely to keep the rank that they possess. I'd suggest that instead of insulting us you ask us to resolve some issues as an attitude like yours that you have displayed in this post, is not one that anyone likes.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm suggesting that said. What I've said is that I haven't personally seen a command of any sort weither it be a Lieutenant or a Commisioner roleplay on PD. I'm on daily for up to 12 hours... So yes I'm suggesting that I'm so active that I can judge it on that scale. I'm not inclining to be rude, I'm just stating what I've witnessed personally. No need to create a fuss, just stating what I feel and have seen.

Edited by Boonie McBone

2 hours ago, Boonie McBone said:

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm suggesting that said. What I've said is that I haven't personally seen a command of any sort weither it be a Lieutenant or a Commisioner roleplay on PD. I'm on daily for up to 12 hours... So yes I'm suggesting that I'm so active that I can judge it on that scale. I'm not inclining to be rude, I'm just stating what I've witnessed personally. No need to create a fuss, just stating what I feel and have seen.

2 hours ago, -Unknown- said:

Can yall argue somewhere else?

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Boonie McBone said:

I haven't seen any promotions in the past 2 weeks either.

I got SM Yesterday YAY! I have been two around three in the bast couple weeks. And I'm not super super active, but I am active!

Jason Tucker

b_160_400_0_1313B4_A9B6F9_FFFFFF_000000_

If any of you think that a post i made is offensive, wrong, or just plainly don't like it. please contact me within the websites messaging system as I will take care of that post. Thank You. 

Here is the fault in the current system. The current system is the promotions are given A. During a meeting (most of them) B. Randomly (really up to LCPL to CPL anything else is @ meetings). So as of right now, most promotions are at meetings. Now that is all good and dandy so far but. PD meetings are done when A. PD messes up B. Randomly. Here is the problem... when there is a meeting because PD messes up CoC is pissed therefore no promotions will be given. At random meetings, no one knows when they are so they could do them while everyone is at school, work, or simply at a time, you could not get on because of a certain reason.

There needs to be a set time for meetings and not done in-game as in advert everyone to go to a spot in game but just advert everyone to get on TS. Meetings are done on TS at a set date and time and organized.

CoC needs to review and revamp the way they go about promotions. Unless they don't want anyone to get promoted and they are purposely doing this to keep their CoC exactly how it is.

That's my view on the situation. I gave up trying to go PD because it is pointless. You are also limited on what you can and can not do due to your rank but then they don't really promote people so you can't really do much.

TBH a good tip is getting to CPL and apply for SWAT. Amazing family with an amazing CoC. Set meetings are in place and communication between the members and CoC is amazing. Other than that good luck ❤️

Edit: Don't take this as department bashing or CoC bashing. I am just speaking my opinion on a problem I see we are having. Staff if you have any issues with this please PM me and I will be more than happy to take it down.

Edited by Roleplaygod

Also let me just say... The way that is it right now getting a promotion is more luck than actually being worthy of one. It is just a matter of right place right time.

For example, let's say that George and Pedro both deserve a promotion. They are both going from CPL to SGT. George has put his life to the job and so has Pedro but Geroge is definitely a better candidate. A meeting is then hosted randomly when Pedro is on but not when George was because it just happened that he was taking a shower at the time so than Pedro gets promoted rather than George even doe George definitely deserves it more than Pedro EVEN DOE... Pedro is still a good Candidate. A week later another meeting is hosted and the same thing happens, George was out with his mom to go get food around the corner and Pedro was on so Pedro gets another promotion.

Now Pedro is a LT while George is a CPL. They both deserve the promotions but George is by far a better candidate. 

Now you can see how hosting meetings randomly could affect people. If there was a set date and time both George and Pedro would be there and George would have gotten the promotion if not both of them but because of random chances and luck George is being overlooked because he was not on at the right place right time.

Pedro just happened to be on during both meetings and George happened to not be. George plays a lot more than Pedro but just because he was gone for those few minutes he is now stuck at CPL still waiting to one day get lucky enough to catch a meeting.

(Names are made for the story just saying)

(Ranks are also a bit random is just for the fact of the story too)

Edited by Roleplaygod

I do think daily or bi-daily meetings would be beneficial! They could not be at the same time every day instead maybe one at 7pm EST one day, then one at 7PM GMT then one at 3pm EST etc but not on the same day and they would rotate. This would CERTAINLY show who is active and who is available when. This might be better? I don't know.

Jason Tucker

b_160_400_0_1313B4_A9B6F9_FFFFFF_000000_

If any of you think that a post i made is offensive, wrong, or just plainly don't like it. please contact me within the websites messaging system as I will take care of that post. Thank You. 

I made a post like this back when I played PRP, and I'm surprised PD is still messed up. PD needs a rework to help the new players at least get to around SGT so they can join all the branches or stick with PD. PD high command has to be on and basically main PD high command so the low command and the enlisted can get promoted. PD meetings should be held like the staff meetings at a certain time and day, like Saturday at 8 or something.

i also dont play on swrp but if pd meetings aren't hosted like that then this is what i'd do. xd

Edited by GuyScience

37 minutes ago, noot said:

and there has been a decent amount pf them lately, sooo 

the problem isn't how many meetings. The problem is them being at random that makes it seem like none happen. If you read my msg you would understand our point of view on the situation.

Make them with a Set date and Time and I promise this will all go away.

2 minutes ago, Roleplaygod said:

the problem isn't how many meetings. The problem is them being at random that makes it seem like none happen. If you read my msg you would understand our point of view on the situation.

Make them with a Set date and Time and I promise this will all go away.

we dont set times and dates as then people will just show up to the meetings for promotions, they are randomly held (except 1) for the purpose of not having rank hungry people that only join for pd meetings. if we had several schedueled one, we would have a lot of minge SGT+'s

1 minute ago, -Unknown- said:

we dont set times and dates as then people will just show up to the meetings for promotions, they are randomly held (except 1) for the purpose of not having rank hungry people that only join for pd meetings. if we had several schedueled one, we would have a lot of minge SGT+'s

If someone is worthy of a promotion then they will be given one if not no. They can go to the meeting but if CoC does not think that they should be promoted then they don't get promoted. But let's say that CoC thinks that George should be promoted but they never see him on one of the random meetings then he doesn't get promoted. Again please read my msg before answering, The 2 long ones I put above.

Also, in meetings irl are not just at random that's not how life works at all.

Also, CoC keeps getting mad and saying "we went over this in the meeting" but half the people in-game had no idea a meeting was held in the first place.

In life, there needs to be organization and some sort of system. The current yelling "Trainer to PD" ad Random meetings are clearly not a system and are not effective. It is up to CoC to notice that it is not being effective and that it is not working out and to change the way they go about things. Locking up and not hearing people's opinion the people that make the department is also a bad habit. 

The reason Cadets and OFCs go around minging ad killing is because our current system is not effective but no one can say anything because what do we know we are just CPL right...

Please name me one department irl "Medic, Fire, or Police (any branch) that holds meetings at random and expect for people to show up and it to work out. I will then give you the credit but it is something that across the world in any job or any sort of company everything has a set date and time and everything is done organized not just all crazy how it going here at PD. 

Just because this is an unwhitelisted server and people could come on as PD easily does not mean that PD has to be sh*it. You can make it work and people have been telling you how to make it work but if you don't listen and at least try it out there is nothing anyone can do. We both know the system we have right now has it's flawes so how about we take a look at how we can fix them instead of just leaving it and hoping for the best.

ps: why do you think everyone wants CPL so bad so that they can get out and apply for another branch to get out of PD. I bet half the people would stay in PD but the system is what makes them want to leave, at least it made me want to leave...

Ok really quick 

1. You clearly are lying given we normally have 1-3 low command on and 1 High Command member on almost all the time, and both high and low command are always on TeamSpeak (we can still act out of game by messaging staff members or other command in ts)  

2. PD Meetings are not to address is members should be promoted or not. They are to address current issues within the department. 

3. If we scheduled meetings people will just get active on pd before that scheduled meeting time. This has been proven countless times on milrp, and in other departments. 

4. If Command doesn’t feel you are ready for a promotion it’s because you aren’t.  When you or someone else walks up to us and tells us everything great about them and why they should become a snr lcpl ect the only thing we are thinking is should I demote you for asking for a promotion? We have ways of watching our officers to see if they are doing well or not. 

5. Just because someone wants a break from pd to play on another department doesn’t make pd a bad department. 

6. In real life you don’t magically become a police officer without any formal training by just announcing you want to become a cop. There is an application process and a training process before you become an officer. That’s why we have SGT plus train because if we don’t ofcs will be even mingier  

7. If you are not Command you do not decide if someone is worthy of a promotion or not, if you want to recommend someone you can easily do that by telling us their name and why (valid reason only). 

8. Just because we don’t  announce promos doesn’t mean promotions don’t happen regularly 

9. PD probably does the most promotions in a short period of time (I know swat waits 2 weeks between promos ect.)

This honestly just sounds like someone who hasn’t been promoted, and who thinks they are a perfect pd member complaining about not being promotions. 

2 minutes ago, Injoker said:

You clearly are lying given we normally have 1-3 low command on and 1 High Command member on almost all the time, and both high and low command are always on TeamSpeak (we can still act out of game by messaging staff members or other command in ts)  

This is not a fact.

3 minutes ago, Injoker said:

PD Meetings are not to address is members should be promoted or not. They are to address current issues within the department. 

Then why are promotions only on meetings.

3 minutes ago, Injoker said:

If we scheduled meetings people will just get active on pd before that scheduled meeting time. This has been proven countless times on milrp, and in other departments. 

it is up to the dep CoC to notice this and know how is really on and who is just there for the meeting.

4 minutes ago, Injoker said:

If Command doesn’t feel you are ready for a promotion it’s because you aren’t.  When you or someone else walks up to us and tells us everything great about them and why they should become a snr lcpl ect the only thing we are thinking is should I demote you for asking for a promotion? We have ways of watching our officers to see if they are doing well or not.

ok...

4 minutes ago, Injoker said:

Just because someone wants a break from pd to play on another department doesn’t make pd a bad department. 

True but think about it and see it from an outside point of view. PD can't do anything but 10-80s 1. Because people don't RP 2. Cuz if it escalates more than a 10-80 to shots fired then the Speciality units take over.

6 minutes ago, Injoker said:

In real life you don’t magically become a police officer without any formal training by just announcing you want to become a cop. There is an application process and a training process before you become an officer. That’s why we have SGT plus train because if we don’t ofcs will be even mingier  

the SGT training system is not working. From what I see I keep seeing Cadets and OFCs running around minging, RDMing, Cuffing people. Yes half of that is just people trolling but half of that is them sitting there without a ride along or a trainer for 30 minutes +

8 minutes ago, Injoker said:

If you are not Command you do not decide if someone is worthy of a promotion or not, if you want to recommend someone you can easily do that by telling us their name and why (valid reason only). 

Has nothing to do with the issue here but ok... Also no you can't I tried once and he said "You are not a SGT your opinion does not matter" (not going to say names, also I forgot who the person was"

8 minutes ago, Injoker said:

Just because we don’t  announce promos doesn’t mean promotions don’t happen regularly 

True. But don't get mad when people say promotions are not given. We can't just magically know when someone gets promoted. If you promote without announcing and all secretly then everyone thinks promos are not been given. Instead do them publicly and it will show people that they are been given and would make them hopeful and want to work for something. It is kinda like "why work hard when I get nothing in return" whilst "I want to work hard because I want to get promoted like that guy"

12 minutes ago, Injoker said:

PD probably does the most promotions in a short period of time (I know swat waits 2 weeks between promos ect.)

Again not a Fact. Also, SWAT isn't having this issue over and over and over that means they must be doing something right...

13 minutes ago, Injoker said:

This honestly just sounds like someone who hasn’t been promoted, and who thinks they are a perfect pd member complaining about not being promotions. 

Because you are viewing it from a CoC point of view. You are at a good position what do you care about the rest... tbh I don't care I am in SWAT and that's where I plan to stay for a while now I don't go PD anymore. But it is an issue I see happening and it is something that does need fixing.

14 hours ago, -Unknown- said:

Assistant Chief Bob Bob