BSI Negotations

Roz

B.S.I Should be lead Negotiators  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should B.S.I Be lead Negotiators

Alright guys so I've been thinking lately about hostage situations in game and only like SWAT and S.R.T being the highest of Negotiators, which really makes no sense to me at all. I think B.S.I should be head of negotiations. Think about it SWAT is pretty much the Big guns in the situation. In a real life situation SWAT Wouldn't barge in and negotiate, usually they have a Negotiator who would talk, not just a regular SWAT member. B.S.I Would be the perfect role for Negotiation/Hostage Situations we are always investigating and know how to handle stuff like this the best. I just thought this would be a good idea on Police RP. If you agree with me please do put a +support if on the other hand you don't go ahead and put a -support. Thanks

Edited by Roz
Forgot Polls!

2 minutes ago, Yobo said:

- Support

No, BSI Investigates after the crime not during.

Rather not be picking up bsi chunks off the floor thank you very much.

I mean SWAT would never negotiate in real life, its just not realistic, SWAT gets to do basically everything so IDK why you would disagree with this. SWAT has too much power on the server lmao

Just now, Carpenter John said:

While I see where you are coming from, Tactical Units have full control over situations that require negotiating, like general store and bank hostage situations.

Yes I know that, but why? Tactical units wouldn't actually be negotiating during a hostage situation is the thing. You would usually have a negotiator or somebody, not someone with  tons of gear on and guns you would have a negotiator P.S(and I really think B.S.I. player model looks like a negotiator)

17 minutes ago, Roz said:

I mean SWAT would never negotiate in real life, its just not realistic, SWAT gets to do basically everything so IDK why you would disagree with this. SWAT has too much power on the server lmao

Actually if we wanted to be realistic negotiators don’t walk up to the hostage  taker because that could cause the negotiator to become a 2nd hostage. They find a way to communicate over cellphone. Also there is a branch of the fbi called HRT (it’s SRT’s counterpart) it stands for hostage rescue team. They only get involved in situations where there is a hostage, but they are a SWAT team for negotiations. Normally they do have a tactical team take over negotiations, or some member of command. 

(Edit)

And yes a negotiator is going in with a bullet proof vest and a hidden pistol. 2ndly SWAT has less to do than you think because not everyone wants to rob the bank, and no one wants to risk printers or high risk hostage situations. 

Edited by [GL]October(FATH)
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Carpenter John said:

While I see where you are coming from, Tactical Units have full control over situations that require negotiating, like general store and bank hostage situations.

Exactly, tactical units are already trained and have guidelines on how to do negotiations.  @Roz I get where you're coming from with it not being realistic, but IRL you'd have specially certified people negotiating for hostages, not investigators either.  If negotiation priority were to be taken away from tactical units, there'd have to be some sort of special training or certification within a department to do so and it would have to approved through Snar first.  BSI command doesn't have any intention on doing that right now.

BRONCO

Police Lieutenant (1A29)      ~      Trooper Corporal (1C29)

EMS EMT Technician

Valk was not here, fortunetely

Tactical Units at this moment honestly only got hostage situations and shootouts to deal with since especially on SWAT you can't do traffic stops so there's nothing else to do, I'm -Support on this cause it takes away the excitement of joining tac units

I mean you do really have a good point but -support 

21 minutes ago, Superfruge said:

Tactical Units at this moment honestly only got hostage situations and shootouts to deal with since especially on SWAT you can't do traffic stops so there's nothing else to do, I'm -Support on this cause it takes away the excitement of joining tac units

there's a lot to do on swat you just have too find the crimes your self but it would be better if we could at least take traffic stops  if some one hit's our car 

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

-Support

Being the ExSWAT TL and sitting for months on end I maybe only did a couple hundred to 600 situations on SWAT, and you might say "Woah! That's a lot" no, no its not, PD on average does maybe now a days 150-300 ish situations a day if your activity responding to calls and stay on for the day, and if they actively do as many situations per day as a tactical unit does in months, taking away negotiations would completely destroy tactical units, a quarter of it is doing situations and negotiations and the other 3/4ths, talking amongst your team, making friends, so taking away this small part decreases the amount of things to do in game and increases the amount of OOC stuff to do.

Over all its a huge -Support from me as BSI is a investigation Unit and shouldn't be in a hostage situation with their low armor and visibility of weapons, therefore a tactical team negotiator would be a better fit for this because they can talk to their team and negotiate simultaneously and make a plan with either A. The sniper or B. Their team to rush either before or after a shot from the sniper, and the negotiator from a tac team would know how to beat communicate with their team and their team knows them and how each likes to operates and they could more  affectively deal with a hostage situation than a third party source intruding and making assumptions on what a person can and can't do.

Sorry for the rambling, I just have to explain every thought I put down in my head

• Fame locked this topic