Misuse of word "Minge" should be consider Disrespect

Kim Yo Suk

What you want to see? - Misuse of the word minge needs to end.

Why should we add it? - People are calling each other minge left and right like crazy. It not a joke anymore it becoming harassment at this point. Even when proven not a minge. They still call you a minge regardless.

What are the advantages of having this? - To decrease toxicity in this server.

Who is it mainly for? - Everybody

Links to any content - None

• Like 1

+Support

-Its annoying when staff members are visibly calling people minges as well. Like where is your professionalism and respect. Jesus.

Also I dont have any recordings so :/.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

+/Support

+ It is becoming very apparent that this has been a problem lately

- I personally don't find the word minge "Offensive" in any way

- In a similar context, Criminals run around harassing police calling them "Pigs" and saying stuff like "F*** you stupid a** Pigs!"  so if "Minge" is seen as harassment, saying stuff like this to a Police Officer that is just driving by should also be considered harassment as well and be treated as such.

the server isnt toxic, the minges are.

24 minutes ago, Cole Phelps said:

+/Support

- In a similar context, Criminals run around harassing police calling them "Pigs" and saying stuff like "F*** you stupid a** Pigs!"  so if "Minge" is seen as harassment, saying stuff like this to a Police Officer that is just driving by should also be considered harassment as well and be treated as such.

Brian Finch  
Ex-Moderator | Police Lieutenant | Head Dispatcher 
EMS Lieutenant 
| State Trooper | NSA Operative

30 minutes ago, Cole Phelps said:

+/Support

The pig comment is coming from only one player himself but doesn't say in OOC chat. Maybe I didn't make myself clear. The word minge is OOC and people constantly saying it and nothing being done about it and even reported to admin still nothing is being done about it. Just like disrespecting through people in OOC can get you warn. So why not the word minge in ooc? And imagine that it same person every single day that calling people minge in OOC even proven innocence.

Edited by Kim Yo Suk

1 minute ago, Kim Yo Suk said:

The pig comment is coming from only one player himself but doesn't say in OOC chat. Maybe I didn't make myself clear. The word minge is OOC and people constantly saying it and nothing being done about it and even reported to admin still nothing is being done about it. Just like disrespecting through people in OOC can get you warn. So why not the word minge in ooc?

its a suggestion and people have opinions, its not a debate...  

Brian Finch  
EMS Lieutenant 

4 minutes ago, Kim Yo Suk said:

The pig comment is coming from only one player himself but doesn't say in OOC chat. Maybe I didn't make myself clear. The word minge is OOC and people constantly saying it and nothing being done about it and even reported to admin still nothing is being done about it. Just like disrespecting through people in OOC can get you warn. So why not the word minge in ooc?

Because alot of people don't see the word "minge" as harassment. Also, the "Pig" comment isn't just coming from one player, recently, I have been called a "Pig" or a "F****** As*****" or a "Stupid F****** Pig" pretty much every time I get on, and keep in mind, this is just when I'm driving by someone, I'm not even interacting with them. In my opinion, that is harassment, not the word "Minge"

Edited by Cole Phelps
Goofed my Spelling

5 minutes ago, Finch said:

its a suggestion and people have opinions, its not a debate...  

So why can't I give my supporting opinion to my own opinion?

3 minutes ago, Cole Phelps said:

Because alot of people don't see the word "minge" as harassment. Also, the "Pig" comment isn't just coming from one player, recently, I have been called a "Pig" or a "F****** As*****" or a "Stupid F****** Pig" pretty much every time I get on, and keep in mind, this is just when I'm driving by someone, I'' not even interacting with them. In my opinion, that is harassment, not the word "Minge"

Nope I haven't heard of this and that just one player and he's only one doing it. Take it to admin if that bothers you though. And aren't you the one who call people minges constantly?

Edited by Kim Yo Suk

So why can't I give my supporting opinion to my own opinion?

Because human rights are fake and made by lizards who have taken over the government after eating the moon.

ot: Its just a pointless argument to have cause he's said what he thinks and you shouldn't try to manipulate people into your own beliefs. I mean, no disrespect when I say that but like... that's what it is.

Brian Finch  
EMS Lieutenant 

5 minutes ago, Kim Yo Suk said:

Nope I haven't heard of this and that just one player and he's only one doing it. Take it to admin if that bothers you though. And aren't you the one who call people minges constantly?

It is most definitely NOT just one person doing this, and besides, you would not know as you do not play Government. I also hope you have some evidence to back up that statement, because I don't think I have EVER openly called someone a Minge on the server. 

40 minutes ago, Cole Phelps said:

+/Support

Just now, Cole Phelps said:

It is most definitely NOT just one person doing this, and besides, you would not know as you do not play Government. I also hope you have some evidence to back up that statement, because I don't think I have EVER openly called someone a Minge on the server. 

I play as SWAT and yes I do have some gangs cursing me sometimes. But I could say same for you as you do not know when you play as the criminal. But the whole point you want less toxicity right?

I play as SWAT and yes I do have some gangs cursing me sometimes. But I could say same for you as you do not know when you play as the criminal. But the whole point you want less toxicity right?

You do not hear the types of things said to Govt. on Criminal. Yes, I would love to stop the Toxicity but unfortunately I don't think banning a word is gonna do it, It may help, but as I stated before, If we label "Minge" as harassment, I think that calling a Government official a "Pig" should be branded as harassment as well. 

1 minute ago, Cole Phelps said:

You do not hear the types of things said to Govt. on Criminal. Yes, I would love to stop the Toxicity but unfortunately I don't think banning a word is gonna do it, It may help, but as I stated before, If we label "Minge" as harassment, I think that calling a Government official a "Pig" should be branded as harassment as well. 

Then go for it

5 hours ago, Cole Phelps said:

+/Support

-support

it’s not harrasment

if you have a problem with staff harassing yu make a report about it

all gmod servers have people who attempt to harass other people, yu can’t escape it

as finch said the server isn’t toxic, the trolls are

i personally find this post useless in the context of nothing will happen. 

Minge isn’t clarified as a disrespectful word it is someone who breaks the rules

There is litterally a command to “minge” people

Edited by Stormzz

16 hours ago, Cole Phelps said:

+/Support

16 hours ago, Cole Phelps said:

+/Support

Very Well Said

Jason Tucker

b_160_400_0_1313B4_A9B6F9_FFFFFF_000000_

If any of you think that a post i made is offensive, wrong, or just plainly don't like it. please contact me within the websites messaging system as I will take care of that post. Thank You. 

The only time I call someone a minge is if their only intentions are to break as many rules as they can or even just disregard the MOTD as a whole and do whatever they want I think is a more than acceptable time to call someone a Minge but I can understand if someone who didn't purposely break any rules but of course did in actuality breach the MOTD a few times and get called a minge I can understand if they would be un-happy because many people, including me care about their general reputation and for someone to make such slanderour remarks (IMO) can actually hurt someone, many people have their own self-integrity and if someone breaks a rule unknowingly I can understand then if they are un-happy about being called a minge but I feel like if someone just hops on the server to steal gov cars, rdm, failrp or even just to disregard other's curtious needs should at that point be more than freely be called a minge. Now I am not saying this should be a rule or anything but maybe try to follow it??? I don't really know this is kind of just a summary of what and how I go around situations

• Fame locked this topic