General Suggestion - Forbid placing mines or any traps at Gates for no reason. - Denied

Rito

What are you suggesting? - To forbid people from placing downs slams, mines, or any other kind of traps at the entrance of each Gate for no valid reason, an example of this would be to make sure that future CI raid parties sets off the trap while you do not know in RP that CI will be raiding. 

How would this change better the server? - Honestly it's just a kinda cheap thing to do, you have to wait 15 minutes between each raid as CI and then when you finally enter you get killed immediately by a trap that could have been placed hours ago. Even for D-Class, finally making it to surface and being killed by a trap, it's just a really cheap thing to do, honestly there are no actual like good reason to it, it just kinda sucks to die to those. So this would pretty much just make playing on jobs against the foundation more enjoyable. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Well I guess, that it would make jobs who relies on setting up ambushes and traps less needed. But again, they have multiple other areas and actual uses anywhere else. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Sarkics, CI, D-Class, even MTF when they try to get to surface. It could avoid a lot of Crossfire.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

I also wanted to add that, in the 2 years I've played the server, this is a first to me, so it's not really an urgent issue, but I still wanted to talk about this matter because I really think it's just a cheap thing to do as I've said before. I can imagine multiple arguments if things like that would occur often. 

By the way, I have asked and confirmed with an admin that this is not considered Metagaming, so before any of you guys ask me to just make a report, this is not considered metagaming.

Current: Nu-7 VCMDR

Former: E-11 VCMDR/LT-COL totally didn't get demoted || Event Team Member || CI SFTO 2LT

CCs: Snoop Dog Owner || Previous Rho-36 Occult Operative || Used to be Reznov || CI TF2 Heavy || MTF Zeta-0 'Caste Gates' || Tango-12 'Forgiving Hand'

French Canadian man || Mbappé fan in the making

This really falls under metagame, a specific rule about doing this is stated but staff would obviously use their discretion to deal with the situation. I.E. No E11 on surface to call out CI but somehow slams and mines placed at Gate A would be metagame.

Edited by K I W I

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

13 hours ago, FeaR x Green Pikachu said:

Already a rule

Class Specific Rules> All players> Rule 15

image.png.93ebff0c5735fa4cfe4ce9604c2e630c.png

Whaaaat, I've mad a sit about this yesterday and the moderator said it wasn't a rule and he even confirmed it with an admin afterwards 

13 hours ago, K I W I said:

This really falls under metagame, a specific rule about doing this is stated but staff would obviously use their discretion to deal with the situation. I.E. No E11 on surface to call out CI but somehow slams and mines placed at Gate A would be metagame.

Yeah, apparently the mines were there for a good 30 minutes, staff didn't issue a warning for meta gaming and told me to make a suggestion about it.. I'm pretty sure you can't have a good reason for explosives infront of gate A for 30 minutes. But apparently this has already been made a rule so I guess this suggestion is already completed.

Edited by Rito

Former: E-11 VCMDR/LT-COL totally didn't get demoted || Event Team Member || CI SFTO 2LT

CCs: Snoop Dog Owner || Previous Rho-36 Occult Operative || Used to be Reznov || CI TF2 Heavy || MTF Zeta-0 'Caste Gates' || Tango-12 'Forgiving Hand'

13 minutes ago, FeaR x Green Pikachu said:

Who was this, if i may ask?

The admin or the moderator?

i was the admin but i have never saw that rule and from my POV he put the C4 there with the RP reason of protecting gate a and b, i even spoke to weiss about that and i dont recall what it was his response since it was like early 12 am or it was 1am for me on costa rica

Edited by Chineseman

CURRENT RANKS SCPRP: None
Retired E-11 COL and EX GENSEC MAJ

CHAD WITH GOLDENPAN612494147_jaydenaskingforHBOXD.png.8244c394c19aa3dc39251ae1e63c7ae2.png