Changing the way SCP's self breach, and changing how maintenance fix broken doors. - Accepted [Completed]

IgnisNuts

This is just a general idea I had for more active RP, I hope it makes sense to y'all!

What are you suggesting? - Give SCP's a SWEP that breaks down doors for the SCP's themselves instead of just waiting using adverts, then calling a sit. Have the swep whenever it breaks something give something like a marker or ping for maintenance to go towards to fix it.

Maybe allow SCP's to breach using their swep after not getting the D-Class they request for?

Give maintenance personnel a SWEP to find and fix the broken doors/checkpoints, and git rid of having to call a sit to roll to fix. Make the SWEP have a minigame to fix whatevers broken? Like connecting wires or something along those lines kinda like the tasks from Among Us.

How would this change better the server? - Add more RP for maintenance peeps, and make SCPs feel like more of a threat.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Lag?

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Maintenance and SCP players

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

If there’s a swep out there this would be amazing, waiting for staff is one of the worst things on the server as any other time your waiting you won’t be murdered.
+Support

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

21 minutes ago, Grеg said:

If there’s a swep out there this would be amazing, waiting for staff is one of the worst things on the server as any other time your waiting you won’t be murdered.
+Support

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

+support 

Something a little like this was in the works with management, but I think it was Igneous' project before he resigned. Maybe it can be picked up again and adapted for this?

Edited by Loaff

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

4 hours ago, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

Make a new key card hacker that takes 5 mins to open a door. 

+support

If this can be done, pog 🙂 

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Loaff said:

+support 

Something a little like this was in the world with management, but I think it was Igneous' project before he resigned. Maybe it can be picked up again and adapted for this?

Probably was an Igneous project but if Coltable feels up to it I would love to see it implemented 

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

5 hours ago, Grеg said:

+Support

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

5 hours ago, Loaff said:

+support 

Something a little like this was in the world with management, but I think it was Igneous' project before he resigned. Maybe it can be picked up again and adapted for this?

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

On 6/5/2022 at 9:13 AM, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

Make a new key card hacker that takes 5 mins to open a door. 

+support

I like this. However, it need to be able to pause then resume hacking. As of now, you need to restart a hack if you look away. 

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

Ive been working on this project for up to 4-5 months now. I proposed the idea to Jack Web back when he was maintenance hcmd. We sadly dont have a Dev and the code is out of my league 😞 . Sorry.

OH! also!, Something i couldn't think of logistically is how the system could work when a scp is breaching but a maintenance wants to stop it. We would need to have a system which lets the maintenance "interfere" with the scp breaking the door code which to my understanding would lag... alot.

• 10 months later...