General Suggestion - Nerf the Bolt Caster [Completed]

Scooty

What are you suggesting? - To nerf the Delta 5 commanders weapon (Bolt Caster)

How would this change better the server? - It would restore a balance to PVP whenever there is a D5 commander online

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - D5 loses their "Unique" Weapons/ Some of the power they hold

Who would this change mostly benefit? - SCPS, Dclass, CI, Sarkic, General PVP scenarios

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - 
For the bolt caster - https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/9yE9F4O2Q91JT/d1337nDp37My?invite=cr-MSxnSzIsMjQzNzg4MTYs
Reasons - The bolt caster -  to my knowledge removes fall damage for the wielder, Reduces incoming damage, Buffs speed, and heals the user on hit with the weapon. This has removed CI's ability to fight the D5 commander without losing 50%+ of the raid party. It also has extreme knockback (Shown in the clip) which kept me from even withdrawing / Continuing the fight.

SCP RP Ranks and CC's : CI SFTO CPT, S9 Houston IX, Owner Of CI "Reaper" Squadron SCP RP Level 100 Gang

"Why Does A RRH Only have 10 Hours on the server"?

"Very Active Forums User" - Hoovy

+Support (only for a knockback nerf)

As much as the damage reduction might be op I feel like it makes up for having to legit rush in at someone. What I do think is kinda busted is the knockback, can't tell in the clip since you were in the corner but that thing has busted knockback.

So to end it off it's a good weapon but it should not have that much knockback

Edit: I was just told the sword Heals you everytime you hit someone so nvm, it's either DMG reduction or the Healing, having both is kinda busted.

Edited by Cosmic The Italian

EX Head Of Staff SCP-RP | CI will forever be in my heart. 1/15/21 - 8/1/22 (CI CMDR Cosmic ITLY)

29 minutes ago, Cosmic The Italian said:

As much as the damage reduction might be op I feel like it makes up for having to legit rush in at someone. What I do think is kinda busted is the knockback, can't tell in the clip since you were in the corner but that thing has busted knockback.

Edit: I was just told the sword Heals you everytime you hit someone so nvm, it's either DMG reduction or the Healing, having both is kinda busted.

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

31 minutes ago, Cosmic The Italian said:

btw this sword reflect bullets

Edited by LucarioKing

📂📭📁📂📭📄📁📄︎🗐︎ Owner CC: CI TF2 Heavy (without Auger)|

44 minutes ago, Cosmic The Italian said:

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

6 hours ago, Cosmic The Italian said:

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

Heavy  - Support
Job has only 3 slots with usually no more than 1 on at a time, sword has basic melee hitreg and the blocking bullets is no different than the riot shield. Plus its a melee weapon so if youre that close youre gonna get killed by a sword. Ive seen Dclass with a tec-9 kill a cmdr so its not OP its just a difference in skill. Use tactics and overwhelm the sword user instead of complaining your constant bum rushing gets you killed by a melee weapon

SCP RP - MTF D5 VCMDR Robby CTF D5 Founder/Overseer of Operations "Omniscient Eyes" Mu Cephei COA | Ex CI R&D AIN INF Gerry  | EX RRH Engineer Uniform 48 | EX RS RobbyOG Technical Low Command | Beans’ Test Dummy Participated In The Legendary Technical Bombing Of Site-O5 | OG Janitorial Low Command and Assistant Head of Containment Cleaners | Creator of the DENSEC on Site-O5 | 

Imperial RP - Former Creator of Medical Research Citadel / Medical Captain Citadel  Former IC VCOM Scorch Former SF Vice Marshal Walter | Creator of ST Riot Troopers and Original Leader | Former Nova Trooper Marksman 2LT Judge NT20 

+Support

Very unbalanced, even though there is only 3 slots. It can wipe a whole CI Raid.

Nu7 MSGT | Ex CI R&D AIN | Ex Sec 2LT | Ex OS | Ex CI 2LT

[CC] Owns: OPIF - Omnipurpose Infantry Force | Charple on Vacation | Vonzen Plushi | CI Take Force 'Blackhawks'

[CC] On: Farmer Jakub | MTF Sigma-66 | E-11 Rangers 'Reborn' | TF2 Solider | CI TF2 Heavy | Obama | Lone Wolf | Combine | STARS

1130161669_GarrysmodScreenshot2022_01.30-20_27_06.70(2)_LI.jpg.c6723c46c24ad245a3dc168769f7c8cc.jpg

This is an easy - support

Scooty IDK why I have to write this because there is a valid reason but I guess you can't see it so I'll say it. A total of 3 people have access to this and all 3 are never on at once so you're mainly just dealing with one on some occasions. 2nd you guys have plenty of hp and op ass guns to deal with a single commander. And as previously stated use tactics instead of bluntly running in like you guys always do and start blasting. Really simple solution. So stop complaining about every class being too OP when you guys have classes that out HP and damage virtually every MTF class. 

-=Delta-5 Low command=-

Just now, Harrisonwilson1207 said:

This is an easy - support

Scooty IDK why I have to write this because there is a valid reason but I guess you can't see it so I'll say it. A total of 3 people have access to this and all 3 are never on at once so you're mainly just dealing with one on some occasions. 2nd you guys have plenty of hp and op ass guns to deal with a single commander. And as previously stated use tactics instead of bluntly running in like you guys always do and start blasting. Really simple solution. So stop complaining about every class being too OP when you guys have classes that out HP and damage virtually every MTF class. 

• Like 1

D5custom.png.de7d757139b5c14278662d28613367f4.png   Former D5 command, Gladiator main.

Gladiators FTW

+Support

Even with my MTF Bias, I can say this sword is 100% OP. Gotta nerf knockback for sure, and hopefully drastically reduce the damage blocked to MAYBE 30%, hopefully less. The health regen on hit is fairly small as far as I'm aware so I don't see a need to change it.

Retired: Nu7 SM Zarl/Head Of Medical Staff Zack/Medic Man Larry/HTF Head

;-;

-support

3 slot job, melee weapon, shit hit reg

CI literally have a mech that can insta kill pretty much anything, and another one that CAN insta kill anything and teleport. On top of this the mech has regenerate powers and like 3k health, a single job having a sword should not be an issue 

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

2 hours ago, Marshmallow Purple said:

Heavy  - Support
Job has only 3 slots with usually no more than 1 on at a time, sword has basic melee hitreg and the blocking bullets is no different than the riot shield. Plus its a melee weapon so if youre that close youre gonna get killed by a sword. Ive seen Dclass with a tec-9 kill a cmdr so its not OP its just a difference in skill. Use tactics and overwhelm the sword user instead of complaining your constant bum rushing gets you killed by a melee weapon

The main people that use this are more inactive than me so -Support

• Laughing 1

spacer.png

Forums Diplomat Message

Please keep comments to either a + or - support, continued arguments/non support comments will result in said comments being hidden and the topic being locked until SMT reviews the suggestion.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

15 minutes ago, Marshmallow Purple said:

So riot shield that pretty much everyone has, your points aren't very solid are they

1-You cant run with riot shield.
2- You cant heal with riot shield.
3- You cant attack with riot shield.
4- You dont have speed buff with riot shield.

+Support for knockback nerf and maybe  heal reduction but I don't think the damage, speed buff and how fast it hits should be nerfed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

-Support

10 hours ago, Scooty said:

Reasons - The bolt caster -  to my knowledge removes fall damage for the wielder, Reduces incoming damage, Buffs speed, and heals the user on hit with the weapon. This has removed CI's ability to fight the D5 commander without losing 50%+ of the raid party. It also has extreme knockback (Shown in the clip) which kept me from even withdrawing / Continuing the fight.

1. It's not just for the wielder, the entire server doesn't take damage when it's equipped. 2. The damage is reduced because one would have to be literally touching the playermodel of the enemy to actually get a hit. 3. Speed buff is just like holding a pistol but with an added 2-4%ish speed. and 4. The sword doesn't heal the wielder upon a successful hit.

11 hours ago, Cosmic The Italian said:

you guys are saying the job only has 3 slots but that doesn't mean anything. if its unbalanced its unbalanced and unfun to go against. but i agree with what cosmic had to say.

• Laughing 1

Retried: CI LTCMDR CI R&D AIN, E11 CPT, and Research Assistant Manager.

+Support

even with only 1, the amount of damage this man can sponge with just a sword is insane

just because it has low slots doesnt mean its fun to play against

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

ima be honest I never new the sword had knockback or a heal buff lmao. I mean on paper it sounds super OP but it's not as good in practice, especially with us having to tank a lot of damage while running at the enemy isn't the smartest decision out there.

Also again I have never seen any knockback on it and so who's to say it isn't a one off thing? If it isn't than yea it may need a nerf, but also wouldn't the knockback assist the person getting hit though? Getting a good boost away from the close range attack the goal of running away from it? I think it just hurt you in that situation due to you hitting a door path causing the momentum to thrust you upward. 

Besides the knockback, which can easily be used at an advantage to the person getting hit, everything else is fine I think, but again I've never gone against it so this is just from my perspective so take it with a grain of salt.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

+support

Holy shit this thing is crazy to fight against, ive even seen users tank 5-6 hits from 939 because of it

i think the swing speed and resistance should be nerfed

for those doubting its resistance/swing speed, heres a golden golf club against it (and the insane hitbox) [file wouldnt upload so its a youtube video]

Edited by J0LTY W0LTY
  • Like 2

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

Heavy +Support

The Bolt Caster has
- Heal on hit
- The ability to lessen damage
- The ability to run away while taking less damage (The same thing that was dumb af with the Riot Shield)
- Being able to tank multiple hits from SCP sweps with it

If you aren't saying this isnt op then you are biased 

• Thanks 1

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

7 hours ago, J0LTY W0LTY said:

+support

Holy shit this thing is crazy to fight against, ive even seen users tank 5-6 hits from 939 because of it

i think the swing speed and resistance should be nerfed

for those doubting its resistance/swing speed, heres a golden golf club against it (and the insane hitbox) [file wouldnt upload so its a youtube video]

|retired dhor/meritorious service award recipient||former CI 1lt/sm and E4 C2||Rho 36 Shaman|
"For the day I die, imma touch the sky"

On 1/31/2022 at 2:27 PM, Cosmic The Italian said: