General Suggestion - Disallow those with a TP Swep from using it into elevators - Denied

Nydekore

What are you suggesting? - Disallowing anyone with a teleportation swep that can use it through doors (106, 7101, Dolos, 280) from using it to access elevators in motion.

How would this change better the server? - When 106 and 280 teleport into a crowded elevator and are literally unkillable without a micro, it feels really dumb and unfair. This also simply doesn't make sense for 106 to do in RP as he corrodes walls so him being able to corrode fast enough to access a moving elevator in time makes 0 sense. This would help to stop 280/106 from just camping elevators, waiting for people to use them (because you know, you HAVE TO use an elevator at least once in order to recontain 106 due to having to access HCZ). 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Makes the teleport swep a little less powerful for the SCPs and Dolos, however it mostly targets 106 and 280 as the other two are still killable so going into a crowded elevator was never much in their interest.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - MTF as they are the ones who have to deal with 280/106 getting into their elevators most

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

+support

its Very annoying to take an elevator trying to escape 106 and have him TP through the door  say Hi and proceed to take you 

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

- Support

1. 280 shouldn't be going near elevators anyway since elevators are always lit even when lights are out

2. The argument that "106 wouldn't be able to corrode in fast enough" doesn't mean that ALL TPing players shunt be able to TP into the elevator, it would just be 106 that wouldn't be allowed to. 

3. Its failRP for 106 to camp elevators since he has to chase people, its in his MOTD rules.

4. Personally, I don't think its "unfair" for people to be able to TP into elevators. Its just a feature that all players should come up with strategies to get around.

Huge -support

a 2 inch thick door isn't really going to help you against an SCP that can corrode or teleport through walls. The ability to trap people in the elevator is just a part of the SCP's tool kit for capturing people. Calling this unfair is like calling closing doors on people chasing you unfair. It's just a strategy to help you achieve your goal.

If you trap yourself in a locked room with an SCP you deserve to be punished, and that's just a risk MTF need to accept.
In short, its not unfair at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Veesus said:

a 2 inch thick door isn't really going to help you against an SCP that can corrode or teleport through walls.

It will once you take into account altitude gained after traveling up an elevator shaft.

3 hours ago, recon said:

- Support

1. 280 shouldn't be going near elevators anyway since elevators are always lit even when lights are out

2. The argument that "106 wouldn't be able to corrode in fast enough" doesn't mean that ALL TPing players shunt be able to TP into the elevator, it would just be 106 that wouldn't be allowed to. 

3. Its failRP for 106 to camp elevators since he has to chase people, its in his MOTD rules.

4. Personally, I don't think its "unfair" for people to be able to TP into elevators. Its just a feature that all players should come up with strategies to get around.

1. This doesn’t stop me from seeing 280 in areas besides HCZ, I don’t think this is an intended thing anyways though I could be corrected on this

2. This change is mostly for 106 as I think he is the most unfair to deal with this against as the others have some way of countering (and as I said in the original post this change was more against 208/106)

3. While true, this is also hard to enforce and thus never really is enforced

4. Sure, but 106 players camp elevators really frequently to the point where I’m flat out exhausted of it, thus I think he should have to at least catch MTF before they reach there and not get to chase them after

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

14 hours ago, Veesus said:

Huge -support

a 2 inch thick door isn't really going to help you against an SCP that can corrode or teleport through walls. The ability to trap people in the elevator is just a part of the SCP's tool kit for capturing people. Calling this unfair is like calling closing doors on people chasing you unfair. It's just a strategy to help you achieve your goal.

If you trap yourself in a locked room with an SCP you deserve to be punished, and that's just a risk MTF need to accept.
In short, its not unfair at all.

Yes and shooting 682 with bullets won't do much since he will adapt, 035 can mind control through a 1 inch glass pane and so on and so forth. We aren't the most lore friendly server out there.

+ Support

It's unfair and the things that teleport usually teleport inside of you and kill you, not fun.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

18 hours ago, [GL] Bacon/Buck said:

+support

its Very annoying to take an elevator trying to escape 106 and have him TP through the door  say Hi and proceed to take you 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png