General Suggestion - Quitting while we are ahead - Denied

Ya Boi Sawrunner

What are you suggesting? - Hard limits for HP AP on every class, with like, the SOLE exception of stuff like O-5 and Ethics, seeing in how they are what they are and having them break this limit isn't a big deal. I suggest an absolute max of about 550, aka 275 275 at most. 

How would this change better the server? -  We need to stop this before it gets out of hand. I hear rumors, talks, all about buff this buff this buff this, add hp and ap make this class tougher tankier stronger so on, and it is NOT the right balancing strategy. We are NOT imperial, we are not meant to be turbo tanks able to shrug off insane damage for fun. This is a PvP heavy server, fights are already getting to be bullet ridden staredowns, and with every combat branch getting buffed into the stratosphere, what about classes who are left behind? D-Class trying to riot? Non Combatants exercising self defense? We push the limits harder and harder here, but by NO means should we be getting as strong as we are. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - None, if proper steps are taken to ensure weapon balancing for all branches. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone. I cannot think of a single person who this will negatively affect in a way where there is no alternative solution (I.e, someone who is extremely incompetent in a fight not able to take a shit ton of damage to push through could just practice their aim and combat skills)

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

• Like 2
  • Gaminglight Love 1

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

Would this be branch specific hard limits? What about SF’s, would their limit be higher? Would a sub branch like wardens have a higher limit than normal sec?

what I’m trying to say is I don’t think a FLAT limit is gonna work, it needs to be branch specific.

Though don’t get me wrong I do think something like this is needed, just maybe in a different way

so +/- support for now

Edited by Ashe Fox

The best D class player to ever exist

UwU >:3

Security best branch

Owns: D-3621

4 minutes ago, Ashe Fox said:

Would this be branch specific hard limits? What about SF’s, would their limit be higher? Would a sub branch like wardens have a higher limit than normal sec?

what I’m trying to say is I don’t think a FLAT limit is gonna work, it needs to be branch specific.

Though don’t get me wrong I do think something like this is needed, just maybe in a different way

so +/- support for now

This would be every branch, every class, SF, sub branch, whatever. I mean it when i say EVERY class. You can be lower than the limit as you please but no class should exceed it. So in the case of say, gensec, they dont need 275 275 classes and I would assume high command would know that. Likewise to something like Maintenance and such. the 550 rule would be an overarching limit for everyone, no matter what, no job on the server can exceed it with the SOLE exception of O-5, Administrator, and Ethics, seeing in how they A: Already exceed it I believe and B: Deserve to exceed it.

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)

7 minutes ago, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

This would be every branch, every class, SF, sub branch, whatever. I mean it when i say EVERY class. You can be lower than the limit as you please but no class should exceed it. So in the case of say, gensec, they dont need 275 275 classes and I would assume high command would know that. Likewise to something like Maintenance and such. the 550 rule would be an overarching limit for everyone, no matter what, no job on the server can exceed it with the SOLE exception of O-5, Administrator, and Ethics, seeing in how they A: Already exceed it I believe and B: Deserve to exceed it.

Aaaah ok, I assumed you meant every combat branch makes their classes health the 275 275 or somethin very close to that, to make it “balanced” but since you are gonna rely on HCMD to be smart about it I’ll give ya a 

+Support

Edited by Ashe Fox

The best D class player to ever exist

UwU >:3

Security best branch

Owns: D-3621

Just now, Ashe Fox said:

Aaaah ok, I assumed you meant every combat branch makes their limit the 275 275 or somethin very close to that, to make it “balanced” but since you are gonna rely on HCMD to be smart about it I’ll give ya a 

+Support

I dont think any branch update could push like 11 classes with that much HP and AP, if they tried people would raise hell. We need these limits man.

HUGE +Support

TTK (Time To Kill) has skyrocketed with every health and armor buff classes have received. It’s gotten to the point where tactics and the element of surprise don’t even matter, because most classes will just tank all of the damage they receive in a single firefight, causing even longer combat. This makes PVP (at least for me) very unsatisfying, as it’s almost impossible to get kills without dying multiple times or traveling in large groups.

Current:

A new story rises from the ashes

Former:

MTF Nu-7 SFTO & 2LT | D5 PVT | CI PFC | Moderator

+Support Classes have become too tanky, this would not only make the server feel more realistic when it comes to combat offering better tactics to be applied besides travel in a large pack or have a better gun. This would also help SCPs that haven't been buffed damage wise become an actual threat (098, 966, 1048A)

-/+Support  Weapons would also need to be addressed in this. Lowering HP/AP would make knives even more OP and weapons with very quick fire rate or special weapons such as any type of Sniper/Anti material rifle or most of D5s weapons would decimate people. 

Edited by that one dude with the long name
grammar

One dude with the long name

Senior Moderator at Gaminglight SCPRP 

Site 50, [REDACTED], Finland

"Abuse no one and nothing, For abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision." - Chief Tecumseh

+ Support

We are honestly getting WAY too ridiculous with the HP/Armor people have been getting. I understand that some classes need to have more because of better training, being sf, requiring it for the job but people having 500+ THP (Theoretical HP Armor + HP) its absolutely nuts. We need the good old days where the max was around 400 - 425. 

BUT

If this gets accepted, nerfs to ALL guns should be implemented as to not have people dying in 1 second (Except snipers ofc.) and most melee weapons will need a significant damage nerf. (No get gud is not an argument.)

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

+Support
From personal experience the HP and AP at the moment is starting to reach the point to where its out of hand, Weapons and Heath should receive a Nerf/Rework in some way to avoid being shredded, The only good exceptions are Melee and Sniper Rifles, I have seen it too much where people get aggressive and divided by the factor of HP and AP because 'its too high' or 'its too low'. I'm tired of hearing the divide, Its a disgrace to see this community divided over a little number, This is a server meant for fun, it may not be viewed like that for all members involved, but this is a community of friends, and family. If we don't act now we will be having classes that have 500 HP or more, and that just doesn't make sense, Because even the EVENT TEAM have rules on how much HP a normal person can have. I can also tell half of you probably don't give a shit but it is wise to give this a thought. 

P.S. Stay Safe - Mask Up - Have fun

My Personal Recommendations (feel free to modify/work off of if you want)

---Normal Combatants
Combatant Special Forces | 200 - 275 HP | 150 - 200 AP
Combatants [Regular] | 150 - 250 HP50 - 125 AP
Combatants [Heavy] | 250 - 325 HP50 - 200 AP
Combatants [Stealth] | 125 - 225 HP 50 - 100 AP
Combatants [Sniper] | 125 - 200 HP 50 - 150 AP

---Special Case Scenarios
RRH Guardian | 200 - 300 HP | 150 - 255 AP
RRH Engineer & Analyst | 125 - 200 HP 50 - 150 AP
Combatant Branch SCPs | 750 - 1500 HP  | 50 - 200 AP

• Like 3

Former Nu7 Second Lieutenant Nanafrost / Nu7  SM Nanafrost
Experienced Medic WinterFrost

Former RRH Engineer Foxtrot 69

+support 

With all these health buffs and stuff it is going to become annoying to kill anyone on this server with the power creep. Plus dclass won’t stand a chance escaping if it keeps creeping. 

Resigned CI CMDR Gar  | Former E11 SGT Gar | RRH Guardian Yankee 42 | Former D5 CPL Gar (one of the first) A1 Steak Sauce I Farmer Gar

-Support

Kinda weird how this post was made after it was of a big topic of discussion with branch HCMD not too long ago, However there's already a plan set in motion to combat the TTK problem and hard capping job HPs and APs is stupid, if its too much the community can-Support it or SMT Can deny it.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Sixx said:

-Support

Kinda weird how this post was made after it was of a big topic of discussion with branch HCMD not too long ago, However there's already a plan set in motion to combat the TTK problem and hard capping job HPs and APs is stupid, if its too much the community can-Support it or SMT Can deny it.

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

7 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

We are honestly getting WAY too ridiculous with the HP/Armor people have been getting. I understand that some classes need to have more because of better training, being sf, requiring it for the job but people having 500+ THP (Theoretical HP Armor + HP) its absolutely nuts. We need the good old days where the max was around 400 - 425. 

BUT

If this gets accepted, nerfs to ALL guns should be implemented as to not have people dying in 1 second (Except snipers ofc.) and most melee weapons will need a significant damage nerf. (No get gud is not an argument.)

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

2 hours ago, Sixx said:

-Support

I was like wow. High command just had a whole ass discussion about this and heres a post now. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

2 hours ago, Chief_ said:

I was like wow. High command just had a whole ass discussion about this and heres a post now. 

Sus.

If there's already some in the works then -support this due to redundancy.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

7 hours ago, Sixx said:

-Support

Shit man, I don't talk to hcmd in any combatant branches anymore than like, once a month. I wasn't aware of some meeting. Furthermore, Why jump through the extra hoops? What if a branch just gets drowned in +supports [Bullshit yall dont know the rumors of people PAYING players to +support an opposing branch's update] and then B.S gets passed regardless of what a community truly wants?

3 hours ago, Pillercat said:

Sus.

If there's already some in the works then -support this due to redundancy.

Aint shit sus, I have been on LOA for more than a week. If there is something being done, then yeah sure, disregard this. But iunno what HCMD gets up to, im just an enlisted, down here in the trenches, how am I supposed to know? Highest rankin' friend I interact with consistently is only low command. 

13 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

BUT

Well of course, I already mentioned that.

"Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - None, if proper steps are taken to ensure weapon balancing for all branches. "

I see you, don't worry. I ain't up for having my life turned off like a lightswitch either. 

10 hours ago, Sixx said:

-Support

Sixx do be leaking our plans doe O_o 

Retired: Nu7 SM Zarl/Head Of Medical Staff Zack/Medic Man Larry/HTF Head

;-;

10 hours ago, Sixx said:

-Support

Best Regards From The Middle East

CI General

The Middle Eastern Prince 

The Last Oil Bender 

11 hours ago, Sixx said:

-Support

O5 Overseer Council | The Cowboy

16 hours ago, Sixx said:

-Support

leaking HCMD chats????

-Support lol

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

23 hours ago, Sixx said:

-Support

|retired dhor/meritorious service award recipient||former CI 1lt/sm and E4 C2||Rho 36 Shaman|
"For the day I die, imma touch the sky"