Comms strip command - Denied

MazuzaM

What are you suggesting? -  A function (Exists already) to totally strip or give someone comms
Example
/stripcomms (only when cuffed) and you get the official site/MTF etc.. comms 
/givecomms Site and you can use those comms 
And the  guy that got stripped wont be able to use comms

How would this change better the server? - 
This would totally change the rp of the server and make Foundation personell be aware that comms could be compromised, it would improve the RP and realism. It would also remove the amount of minges that dont care about /me strips and keep using their stuff

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 
Yes, /givecomms could be abused Example:
-Gensec or research could randomly give Dclass their comms but if admins check the logs they could warn the comms giver for failrp

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 
This would be a benefit for CI and Dclass, since D5 was added CI raids and Dclass escape are more difficult to be succeeding with, especially for RnD that cant do their job because of this.
This would become more balanced in both sides (Most important info are usually told in Teamspeak so its balanced in my opinion)

Edited by Sia lodato il SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE

CURRENT: CI SM
FORMER: | CI R&D IIN (SIN?) | CI EOI Operative | MTF E-11 1LT RRH Analyst November 24 | Maintenance OS
CUSTOM CLASSES: | Obama | The Mets | MTF E-11 'Last Call' | MTF E-11 Spetsgruppa Directorate 'V' | Umbrella Corporation Operative |

-Support

Some minge would go around abusing this and striping everyone's comms or giving CI comms. I don't even know if SMT would be able to implement this. 

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

+support I know this from another server and honestly it is a really  cool idea where you can strip comms only if someone is cuffed and you would be able to see the comms that they have and what people are saying in them and I know its possible since its been done on other scp servers

2 hours ago, Sia lodato il SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE said:

What are you suggesting? -  A function (Exists already) to totally strip or give someone comms
Example
/stripcomms (only when cuffed) and you get the official site/MTF etc.. comms 
/givecomms Site and you can use those comms 
And the  guy that got stripped wont be able to use comms

How would this change better the server? - 
This would totally change the rp of the server and make Foundation personell be aware that comms could be compromised, it would improve the RP and realism. It would also remove the amount of minges that dont care about /me strips and keep using their stuff

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 
Yes, /givecomms could be abused Example:
-Gensec or research could randomly give Dclass their comms but if admins check the logs they could warn the comms giver for failrp

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 
This would be a benefit for CI and Dclass, since D5 was added CI raids and Dclass escape are more difficult to be succeeding with, especially for RnD that cant do their job because of this.
This would become more balanced in both sides (Most important info are usually told in Teamspeak so its balanced in my opinion)

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

1 minute ago, frog said:

+support I know this from another server and honestly it is a really  cool idea where you can strip comms only if someone is cuffed and you would be able to see the comms that they have and what people are saying in them and I know its possible since its been done on other scp servers

Yeah I kinda copyed that idea from an EU server it looks very cool and useful 

FORMER: | CI R&D IIN (SIN?) | CI EOI Operative | MTF E-11 1LT RRH Analyst November 24 | Maintenance OS
CUSTOM CLASSES: | Obama | The Mets | MTF E-11 'Last Call' | MTF E-11 Spetsgruppa Directorate 'V' | Umbrella Corporation Operative |

+/-

- I believe that this should be limited to certain jobs (CI Beta, MTF NCO's, Gensec Low command should be able to take comms/give comms if its implemented, can be tweaked) to prevent any major abuse of this. 
- Would actually make "stripping" someones comms more useful, considering that realistically those comms would still work
- I believe the comms that can get stripped should be limited to: Site, Foundation Forces, Branch Specific comms (E11, Nu7, Research, CI, etc), and MTF comms.
The following comms should be unable to get stripped: Command, SF (If they have one), Site admin (If they have one). 
- Giving comms should be limited to CI, and NCO/Command members of branches, to prevent abuse of that

Overall: I believe this could work but would need a LOT of stuff done to ensure that it can't be abused easily.

Edited by ripjaw56789
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Goodman said:

- Support
Easily can be abused unless SMT can remove access on giving certain people comms.

Alot of things can be abused its why staff exist.

+Support if possible 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

15 hours ago, frog said:

It would be interesting, however, I am against them being able to see the comms of the person who was stripped of them.

+support

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

8 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

Alot of things can be abused its why staff exist.

+Support if possible 

If you were going to cuff minge why would you even strip their comms? You’ve already got them cuffed.

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

18 hours ago, Goodman said:

- Support
Easily can be abused unless SMT can remove access on giving certain people comms.

If you think that will be abused then you should remove a lot of things:
Alt E (Used to glitch trough doors)
173 Swep (Used to glitch trough Gates)
No clip swep as 343 (Used to bodyblock people)
Medkits in armory (Dclass can combat heal) 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 10:01 AM, Pills said:

-Support

Some minge would go around abusing this and striping everyone's comms or giving CI comms. I don't even know if SMT would be able to implement this. 

On 10/11/2021 at 4:24 PM, Goodman said:

- Support

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

+Support to this being added to remove someone's communication from them

-Support to letting the person who strips them being able to view the comms

It'd be really OP for CI to have MTF comms or vice versa, would allow for MTF to destroy raids or for CI to coordinate ungodly raids. It'd also hurt typers to an unfair extent as compared to voice users as typers rarely take the time to use TS chat when regular chat is open. 

Overall, while I'm +supporting the initial concept, I don't think it's worth SMT's time really.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

On 10/11/2021 at 11:42 AM, frog said:

Would be cool to see and just make it so they can only give comms to certain jobs

[Retired] CI RND CDOP Fiery

Former: Security CPL | Delta-5 RCT | CI Military SGM  

-support

Too many possible bad outcomes

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

• 2 months later...