What is your in-game name?:

Geeko

What is your steam name?:

Geeko

What is your steam ID?:

STEAM_0:1:204851474

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667):

Geeko#4403

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain)

I have previously been staff on a DarkRP server called (inappropriate server name, highlight to see at your own risk) TitsRP. The server is still running and I quit because I had to deal with some IRL issues that are now solved. On that server, I was familiar with using logs to determine the situation and commands to punish players.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly)

My guess would be this April or May, but I am not 100% sure.

What date did you make your forums account?

June 16th 2021

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?

None 🙂

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc)

Bronze

Are you a staff member in another community?

Nope

Have you read the staff handbook?

Yes

Timezone:

Central Time (Chicago Time or CST)

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

First off, I believe that I deserve the rank because of how much time I dedicate to the server everyday. Since the server has now become a part of my everyday life, I would like to do more to support the community and server that has been providing me entertainment for the past few months. I want to be able to give back to this server by providing my time and service to its players. I also want to help keep the server in line with the SOP and MOTD so the me and the rest of the server doesn't have to worry as much about rules being broken. As a staff member, I promise my to do my best to make the server a more positive place for everyone to play Gmod and have a good time. Now for my personality, I consider myself to be a very friendly and positive person. I never get angry at anyone and when I do, I find other ways to take out my anger rather than yelling at my monitor. I am also always open to working with others and providing my support wherever it is needed. I also believe that I have learned a lot about moderation from the DarkRP server that I used to play on. I had taken over 500 sits which each gave me a unique experience which I learned from. Overall, I would be happy to become a moderator for this server.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

The first thing I would do it ask them if they can tone down the profanity so we can continue the sit. If they refuse or keep using the same language then I would threaten to add staff disrespect onto the punishment for their MassRDM. If nothing I say is working to make them stop, then I would gag them to continue on with the sit so he still has a chance to explain his side of the story. If I am still getting nothing from him but cursing, I would proceed to give him once more chance to stop before giving him the punishment for his MassRDM along with staff and player disrespect. To me this seems like a warn with the additional staff disrespect added on but could also result in a ban.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

The first thing I would do in this situation would be to ask everyone in the sit to calm down and that arguing won't solve anything. If this doesn't work or they are talking over me, I will then ask if everyone is ok with using the chat so everyone can be heard. If this doesn't work either, I would threaten a verbal / warning to the players that continue to be toxic towards other players. Worst case scenario, I gag the ones who are yelling and have them take turns explaining the situation.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?

The first thing I would do in this situation would be to work something out with the player. An instant ban wouldn't be right because for all I know they could be doing a good job hiding their feelings or having a bad day. I would try my best to work slowly with them and first start out with a verbal. If the action is still repeated I would proceed to hand out a warn and talk to them as to why they keep breaking the rules. If a similar rule is broken by the same player and they still would seem not to care about the punishments whatsoever I would proceed to ban them for the rules they have broken.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?

The first thing I would do in the situation would be to make sure the person hasn't already recently been in a sit for the same reason. This is so I know whether or not the Bug abuse is intentional or not. I would also ask if the accuser had an video proof to help make everything easier. If the player had been reported, I would try to talk to the staff that took the previous sit to see if the sit was for the same reason. If I heard back from the other staff member that it was for the same reason and he was told not to do it again, I would give out a warning for FailRP and not listening to staff. If the player had not yet been reported, I would most likely give out a verbal and ask for them not to do it again.

nowarns.PNG

Edited by Geeko
  • Like 1

R&D Chief Inspector and Poop Inspector

+SUPPORT

Had no issues with this man.

Great application!

I trust that he does has experience as staffing. 

Question 1 answer kinda throws me off because you didn’t specify who would initiate the ban. In my opinion, that is what I really look for. But from all the positive sides that I am stating, all of it negates one bad thing. 

david-goggins-lifting.gif

1 hour ago, Shin said:

+SUPPORT

Great application!

Question 1 answer kinda throws me off because you didn’t specify who would initiate the ban. In my opinion, that is what I really look for. But from all the positive sides that I am stating, all of it negates one bad thing. 

also, hehe geeko... hehe

It wouldn't allow me to put a link in here so you are stuck with this 

2 hours ago, Shin said:

+SUPPORT

Great application!

7 hours ago, Geeko said:

TitsRP.

Lmao I know you from this, I believe you banned me for killing my friends then he called a sit on me as a joke.

+Support

I've seen him in game, great person, applications looks generally great!

On 9/1/2021 at 2:13 AM, Boubak said:

Lmao I know you from this, I believe you banned me for killing my friends then he called a sit on me as a joke.

+Support

+Support, did the right thing and banned Boubak

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

On 9/1/2021 at 2:13 AM, Boubak said:

+Support

i don’t belive that this was me, i was never staff on this server before ._.

edit: nvm i just highlighted the quote possibly lol

Edited by Geeko

R&D Chief Inspector and Poop Inspector

+support 

Edited by Some minge

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

On 8/31/2021 at 11:26 PM, Shin said:

+SUPPORT

Great application!

On 8/31/2021 at 11:26 PM, Shin said:

+SUPPORT

Great application!

great member in Ci

With Best Regards

Current MTF E11 2LT Banner , Former CI Delta-Command