General Suggestion - Remove the transfer system - Denied

Eyelander

What are you suggesting? - To remove the transfer system, in which, a person can transfer from branch to branch, while being subject to two or more ranks of demotion. The full rules of transferring can be found here.

How would this change better the server? -  I believe this change would better the server because it would help avoid situations where people transfer into a different branch and get command upon entry. This is a problem because it basically bypasses all of the time and effort required to get into command in a branch, and it feels very unfair as a senior enlisted in a branch to see someone join said branch and instantly be granted a command rank. In addition,  transfers can also lead to problems with inexperience in a specific branch’s rules, along with possible conflict within command as a whole. Both of these problems could be solved if transfers were removed.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Certain members of command may feel “Cheated” if this suggestion passes through, however, I believe if you really want to be in command in that branch, you can use your experience as a command to show how you can perform in a position like that.

Also, some may presume that this could divide certain groups, however, I believe it will not, since this is already a very rare occurrence.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Enlisted who otherwise would have felt more cheated out of a position than if transfers weren’t, y’know alive. This *MAY* also benefit command who are basically in the same area of “Hey I wanted this promo and this dummy took it.”

Also the general transfer process is a bit of a bother to get through anyways, so… yeah.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - No.

Edited by Eyelander
  • Dislike 2

|retired dhor/meritorious service award recipient||former CI 1lt/sm and E4 C2||Rho 36 Shaman|
"For the day I die, imma touch the sky"

-Support
Yeah while I get the transfer system does cause some issues with taking up command slots, I don't think just throwing it away entirely is much better.

Edited by Mitchell Hugh
  • Like 1

[SCP RP] Former Research Administrator | Research Field Agent | Chair Professor of RRA - Former RRH Analyst 'November 1' -- MTF Nu7 Second Lieutenant  Senior Event Team Member - Former Admin
1738.png.2860d6d83ce908d8cece340a33865cfb.png

+/-  Support leaning +Support

+

Makes a valid point, take me for example I transferred from R&D to Foundation Research and Skipped 5 ranks (7 if I was not already a AR.)

For me it wasn't the case, but if I filled up the RAS slots that would be a giant 'fuck you!' to people like CyClone, Gaming goat, and any other other amazing LRs that would be good CMD.

When people transfer from CMD to CMD especially branches like R&D --> Research things are so much different I was SCMD in R&D, Resigned, came back as a SIN, and then transferred to Research. In my time in R&D Build mussel memory that is very hard to break, for example.

R&D                                                            Research

Take any test logs you want                   Assigned from RA's 

Any CMD can talk in announcements   RAM's and below need perms form HCMD

Can On-site on anything                          Can only do select things 

-

Very hard for people to try out new branches (Even then you can go up the ranks and learn from there)

I feel like a good alternative would be that no matter your rank, if you have not been CMD in the other branch you can only go to the lowest enlisted rank. However if you have been command in the other branch, you can only go to the lowest CMD Rank.

First, here's the actual link to the transfer rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1afJH5ZOy5CzgupYJNfhAs8GZdWoT1uZyt9qQY6HwuK8/edit He fix it.

Second, if you use the point of "no effort" and "it fills command slots", then couldn't the same be said for reinstatement? 
Because, you've put in no effort recently and you can take spots meant for others.
And if you say, "oh it's fine because you worked your way up to that rank when before you left" or "it's fine because you were once part of the branch".
Well, if you worked your way up in another branch which (depending on the branch) can be around the same difficulty, shouldn't it be just as fine? And, if you're gone for long enough, the branch changes dramatically, sometimes enough that's its essentially an entirely different branch.

So, I have to agree with Mitchell,

53 minutes ago, Mitchell Hugh said:

Yeah while I get the transfer system does cause some issues, I don't think just throwing it away entirely is much better.

There are problems, but they should be fixed rather than throwing away the system.

Edited by Right Twix Bar

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

2 hours ago, Mitchell Hugh said:

-Support
Yeah while I get the transfer system does cause some issues with taking up command slots, I don't think just throwing it away entirely is much better.

- Support

Along with this, HCMD from each branch reserves the right to turn away anybody attempting to transfer ranks.

DHOR D;

RRH Analyst Lima-3;

Sarkic Archon General;

Former-Omicron-9 2LT Saw;

3 hours ago, Mitchell Hugh said:

-Support

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

5 hours ago, DHOR D said:

- Support

Along with this, HCMD from each branch reserves the right to turn away anybody attempting to transfer ranks.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

- Support

Dont see the need to trash the whole concept. HOWEVER I see no reason why we can’t look into a reformatted Transfer System 

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

On 7/28/2021 at 12:25 AM, DHOR D said:

- Support

On 7/28/2021 at 2:46 PM, NeoID said:

Dont see the need to trash the whole concept. HOWEVER I see no reason why we can’t look into a reformatted Transfer System 

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

The two rank demotion is the minimum requirement, and it is up to the high command of each branch to decide if they do want more rank demotions. It should be the high commands responsibility to look at where the transferee would be placed and how it may affect the branches members, especially the members below where the transferee would be placed.

The system is in place for members of command who may feel stuck, have had a fallout with high command, no longer enjoying their current rp, or have discovered that they enjoy another branch much more and would like to commit their passion and energy for that branch.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 4:16 PM, NeoID said:

- Support

[Retired] CI RND CDOP Fiery

Former: Security CPL | Delta-5 RCT | CI Military SGM