Dr Bright new update make him more rp and less minge. - Denied

Darkrat

What are you suggesting? -  Make dr bright has a nlr of 15 minute but that he could know about is past death (that also mean that he cannot make call about what happen to him after his 15 minute nlr) and make him able to test on low-end keter scps (if bright minge and let the scp out and die. First of all its against the rules and if he died by the scp he need to wait 15 minute so why do it)

How would this change better the server? - make Dr bright less minging and more like rp (you could do some little side joke but like not crazy like making an scp out or other big stuff)

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - dr bright minger will be mad about that and ci would think that the nlr past knowledge is op but with the 15 min, ci could already be called before bright do or even exfilling.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Dr bright player that wanna play seriously 

You’re grammar is kinda hard to follow what you’re trying to get across but this does seem kind of nice. The only thing is he has to wait 15 minutes till he can call out CI after he’s died right? Also didn’t have to target CI like that 😔. The only thing I would change is the timer is long as hell and by the time he dies to CI, CI would be long gone. 

+support

Edited by GarGar

Resigned CI CMDR Gar  | Former E11 SGT Gar | RRH Guardian Yankee 42 | Former D5 CPL Gar (one of the first) A1 Steak Sauce I Farmer Gar

Just now, GarGar said:

You’re grammar is kinda hard to follow what you’re trying to get across but this does seem kind of nice. The only thing is he has to wait 15 minutes till he can call out CI after he’s died right? Also didn’t have to target CI like that 😔

I don't think English is Darkrat's first language if I'm not mistaken so that might be the language issue. I digress though.

+Support, as a researcher I get sick of constantly having Bright flagging on and constantly having to watch them.

Of course, with these powers the mingy Bright players could be more of a problem but that should be fine if Bright becomes less "researcher but no training" and more "actual full on class".

In order to protect against mingy Bright players abusing this, maybe even attach it to a branch instead of letting them run amuck and make Bright a rank based research whitelist? (This one is a bit of a stretch but it's something that came to mind so I figured why not throw that out there). It's always been weird to me that research basically has people with SR level testing perms that have no punish-ability when we see them messing around/doing something they shouldn't.

• Like 1

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

yeah sorry my first language is French

18 minutes ago, GarGar said:

You’re grammar is kinda hard to follow what you’re trying to get across but this does seem kind of nice. The only thing is he has to wait 15 minutes till he can call out CI after he’s died right? Also didn’t have to target CI like that 😔

yeah he has to wait 15 min nlr before he could call bright

and sorry for the ci pointing

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Darkrat said:

yeah sorry my first language is French

yeah he has to wait 15 min nlr before he could call bright

and sorry for the ci pointing

All good thank you thank you

Resigned CI CMDR Gar  | Former E11 SGT Gar | RRH Guardian Yankee 42 | Former D5 CPL Gar (one of the first) A1 Steak Sauce I Farmer Gar

Yay a research class that has a raid timer wooo…

-support

• Dislike 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

1 hour ago, Some minge said:

-support

not really a raid timer, it's a way of making Bright interesting and more connected with lore. Bright is technically one and the same with the amulet he possesses, which could have the ability to transfer knowledge from life to life. It could also add an interesting challenge to sleuths. I know sleuths don't like being captured but Bright can not be everywhere. I assume sleuthing gets boring when they aren't helping towards a raid so avoiding Bright's eye could be that extra spice. Of course, I've never played sleuth so Idk, but I'd like feedback from people that do play sleuth. 

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

4 hours ago, Some minge said:

-support

im with minge on this one

I dont really see how this can help bright at all

this just seems to punish the player for dying at all.

I get what you want to do, but a change like this would just discourage anyone from playing on bright at all

-Support

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

8 hours ago, Nydekore said:

I don't think English is Darkrat's first language if I'm not mistaken so that might be the language issue. I digress though.

+Support, as a researcher I get sick of constantly having Bright flagging on and constantly having to watch them.

Of course, with these powers the mingy Bright players could be more of a problem but that should be fine if Bright becomes less "researcher but no training" and more "actual full on class".

In order to protect against mingy Bright players abusing this, maybe even attach it to a branch instead of letting them run amuck and make Bright a rank based research whitelist? (This one is a bit of a stretch but it's something that came to mind so I figured why not throw that out there). It's always been weird to me that research basically has people with SR level testing perms that have no punish-ability when we see them messing around/doing something they shouldn't.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

3 hours ago, OWNED said:

im with minge on this one

I dont really see how this can help bright at all

this just seems to punish the player for dying at all.

I get what you want to do, but a change like this would just discourage anyone from playing on bright at all

-Support

It's a give and a take, it's a longer NLR because of the power it comes with. Keeping RP knowledge through death is quite the power, especially for taking out sleuths. Thus, it's important to give them 15 minutes to counter act Bright if they are forced to kill him.

9 hours ago, GarGar said:

You’re grammar is kinda hard to follow what you’re trying to get across but this does seem kind of nice. The only thing is he has to wait 15 minutes till he can call out CI after he’s died right? Also didn’t have to target CI like that 😔. The only thing I would change is the timer is as hell and by the time he dies to CI, CI would be long gone. 

+support

200.gif

+support I really like this idea because the amount of brights that just get on to do mingy things and dont even try to rp is outstanding and frankly it just gets old after a while, id love to see this job actually become something interesting not just a AOS speedrun

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

I think there is a better way to solve Dr. Bright but I don't think a 15 min nlr is going to be it. That's an SCP breaching timer. This is everytime he dies, say a D-Class is in LCZ and just pops him, the player will probably get off Dr. Bright and a lot less players will use him. So ima have to go with -support

Retired SEC HFTO COL akrew10

On 7/3/2021 at 10:39 PM, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

-Support

Would be hard to manage. Cool idea though. It'll basically be like an SCP, but RP. 

Lets not forget the lore where Bright is a actual real life minge

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

12 hours ago, NickenChugget said:

Lets not forget the lore where Bright is a actual real life minge

Watch (scp story and animation if you wanna know his true lore)

Screenshot_20210706-091340_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Darkrat

I think restricting bright less harshly could go a long way, but that NLR is BRUTAL. I feel like if the NLR only applied to his ability to mention info from his previous life, it would be totally fine. He could have a 2 minute NLR but the process of "coming back to life in a new body" would leave him "too mentally cluttered" to remember shit for a lil bit. I say give him his in lore ability to remember shit from his previous life, but have it attached to a 15 minute timer. His NLR should remain the same, however. 

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

On 7/4/2021 at 1:38 AM, Demon Dice said:

+support I really like this idea because the amount of brights that just get on to do mingy things and dont even try to rp is outstanding and frankly it just gets old after a while, id love to see this job actually become something interesting not just a AOS speedrun

I gotta support why because most of the time DR bright is just used for a minge class doing whatever they want, this could change them to be more careful having to consider what they are doing before they do it

There are Pros
like having a doctor bright around could be a natural counter to sleuths
could potentially reduce the amount of minging while on Dr bright
Could stop dr brights from not valuing their life and stop heading straight towards the danger, whenever that danger is present.

cons
This makes doctor bright more of a SCP, which makes sense in lore.
the issue is that dr bright could be unplayable when there is a mass dclass riot and or CI raid or sarkic raid.

it won't entirely stop Dr brights from mingeing but makes him much more interesting than he already is.

"What do you mean, i cant murder you..." "

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."