General suggestion - Calling AOS/KOS on branches - Denied

Average Pipebomb enjoyer

What are you suggesting? - A rule so you cant call a KOS/AOS on a entire branch and actually have to have a name to call a AOS/KOS On a person

How would this change better the server? - It would add a bit of realism and it would prevent people from just saying ''i was attacked by a (Insert branch) lets call a KOS on said branch'' and after killing the sleuth just calling off the KOS order

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - it would be a bit of a disadvantage towards foundation branches

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  Sleuths

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

E11 2LT || Ex CI 2LT || Average Metal gear rising enjoyer || Ex Nu7 2LT

+/-Support

+It would be nice to have it clarrified that you can't call kos/aos on an entire branch without a valid reason. 

Like KOS all of gensec for rebelling because they want better wages, researchers for going rogue. 

+/-It is already kindoff failrp to jsut call a KOS/AOS on an entire branch just off of one person. 

But tell me if you mean this for that when we see something suspicious. Like a researcher roaming with CI that we can't have a "Check all researchers Id's". Because if so then full -support. You just have to play it more safe and not get caught. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

i dont think you should be able to KOS the entirety of research in a certain area because 1 person got caught in a research uniform and get away with it by saying ''i didnt catch their name so KOS research in HCZ'' 

1 hour ago, Chief_ said:

You just have to play it more safe and not get caught. 

Edited by russianweeb69

+/- support 

+ to calling AOS if a certain sleuth of a disguised branch kills a redacted member, but I do not think it should be KOS, they should just AOS them and check everyone's identity.

- to the KOS order, would be too much RDM, unless there was like an RP reset once everyone finished their NLR

21 minutes ago, russianweeb69 said:

i dont think you should be able to KOS the entirety of research in a certain area because 1 person got caught in a research uniform and get away with it by saying ''i didnt catch their name so KOS research in HCZ'' 

I agree with the kos prt. But if your saying to dissalow id checks then I say -support. They shouldn’t do that. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

4 minutes ago, Chief_ said:

But if your saying to dissalow id checks

i want it to be ID checks instead of KOSing an entire branch ID checks should be allowed and encouraged 

14 minutes ago, [Triggred]Perisnot said:

to the KOS order, would be too much RDM,

KOS orders on entire branches should NOT be allowed 

6 minutes ago, russianweeb69 said:

i want it to be ID checks instead of KOSing an entire branch ID checks should be allowed and encouraged 

KOS orders on entire branches should NOT be allowed 

Then I give a full +support. It should never be kosing. 

The only people able to call an KOS/AOS on a full branch would be (I think, correct me if im wrong) SA, O5, and (I think I'm wrong) SF?

They shouldnt be calling a full AOS/KOS on a branch because of a sleuth, if they do, report it to command.

+Support

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

+ Support 

only SA of that branch should be allowed and maybe high ranking SF, but even then people shouldn’t be doing this

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

22 hours ago, [Triggred]Perisnot said:

+/- support 

+ to calling AOS if a certain sleuth of a disguised branch kills a redacted member, but I do not think it should be KOS, they should just AOS them and check everyone's identity.

- to the KOS order, would be too much RDM, unless there was like an RP reset once everyone finished their NLR

Agree with this.

The picture explains what I am. [DATA EXPU-]
space star GIF

+Support

People calling a KOS on an entire branch leads to multiple problems and sometimes hurts branch relations. This should be a thing left to Ethics and O5.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

-support

I for one am in support of weeding out a entire branch for what they did (look at when nu7 killed 8 rrh because wanted stepped into a level 5 room and d4 called a kill code on them)  sometimes people need other people to keep them in check and thats where the knowing your place comes in hand d4 and other people that can call mass kos's keep the other branches in check so one doesnt do something very stupid like killing all of the level 5 researchers and engineers in that room (btw d4 kill codes arent going away)

Edited by frog

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

6 hours ago, frog said:

-support

I for one am in support of weeding out a entire branch for what they did (look at when nu7 killed 8 rrh because wanted stepped into a level 5 room and d4 called a kill code on them)  sometimes people need other people to keep them in check and thats where the knowing your place comes in hand d4 and other people that can call mass kos's keep the other branches in check so one doesnt do something very stupid like killing all of the level 5 researchers and engineers in that room (btw d4 kill codes arent going away)

Frog I see where you're coming from with this, I am in support of this suggestion but only to a limit. I don't think that you should lose the ability to order an entire branch to be killed, but as a sleuth I have had the KOS of an entire branch be ordered by RRH twice now. RRH is abusing this ability to kill sleuths, it doesn't make since that a kill order is called on an entire branch because of a sleuth?

Edited by Cloaker
  • Like 1

local teenage father :3

Retired: ci ddop cloaker s1mp

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team

20 hours ago, Cloaker said:

Frog I see where you're coming from with this, I am in support of this suggestion but only to a limit. I don't think that you should lose the ability to order an entire branch to be killed, but as a sleuth I have had the KOS of an entire branch be ordered by RRH twice now. RRH is abusing this ability to kill sleuths, it doesn't make since that a kill order is called on an entire branch because of a sleuth?

yes i do agree that if you call a kos on a entire branch for one sleuth that it is a mega waste and also sucks for the sleuth since they barley get to rp as is so i agree with you there. And if you feel that they are abusing it please go to the o5 about it since we dont need people calling them to much because it is in fact a abuse of power and fail rp to call a entire branch kos for one guy

• Like 1

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

On 6/5/2021 at 8:42 PM, Southpaw said:

The only people able to call an KOS/AOS on a full branch would be (I think, correct me if im wrong) SA, O5, and (I think I'm wrong) SF?

They shouldnt be calling a full AOS/KOS on a branch because of a sleuth, if they do, report it to command.

+Support

21 hours ago, russianweeb69 said:

See i think only SA+ or high ranking SF should be able to call KOS orders on entire branches

I would +Support this. Only Site Administration would be allowed to call a KOS order on the branches. 

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

I disagree personally, I believe calling a KOS on a whole branch is fine as long as it's a valid reason like a mass info breach and they manage to get gas masks on.  But calling it because of one sleuth is ridiculous and is not allowed, if that happens you need to send proof to either me or the overseers of RRH.  I'm gonna say -Support though, mostly because they are SF and should be allowed to with a valid reason

Zulu 1 ~

{This is mostly for the foundation SF side if you couldn't tell.} 

Edited by Mav

|  Former Nu7 IFE IRCN IBHM SGT  | Former Security JFTO SM | Former JWD Warden | Former A1 SF 2LT| Former RRH Guardian Zulu 1                                                                      

16 hours ago, Mav said:

mostly because they are SF and should be allowed to with a valid reason

anyone can call a KOS on a branch and i dont think that should be allowed like i have no problem with high ranking SF calling KOS orders on branches with a valid reason

There needs to be a valid RP reason for an AOS/KOS to be called. Making such a call on an entire branch would require a very significant reason, and would need to be done by someone that has authority over the branch, which would be at the Site Admin+ level. A specific MOTD change isn't required in my eyes, as it falls under the RP reason doctrine.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

On 6/12/2021 at 7:06 AM, Rookieblue said:

There needs to be a valid RP reason for an AOS/KOS to be called. Making such a call on an entire branch would require a very significant reason, and would need to be done by someone that has authority over the branch, which would be at the Site Admin+ level. A specific MOTD change isn't required in my eyes, as it falls under the RP reason doctrine.

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."