General Suggestion - 035-2 Indication - Accepted [Completed]

nightsoil

What are you suggesting? - 

Add anything, such as a visual cue, on a player's screen when they become an instance of 035-2.

How would this change better the server? - 

Players on SCP-035 would be less likely to be killed after turning their victims. I believe this is a simple change, and is long overdue because it improve the main mechanic of SCP-035 by preventing a lot of accidental killing due to the fact that 035-2 instances can only tell they are infected for a very brief period. The only visible change on the infected user, the view model, is not technically viewable by the actual 035-2 player and only those around it.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 

Depending on the size of whatever icon or graphic, it may become annoying to some players so I think the icon or whatever should be reduced to a medium-size so that it's still effective but not impacting actual gameplay.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 

As indicated, SCP-035 players will find it much more fun to play when they're much less prone to dying by friendly fire due to confusion.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

SCP-035-2.png.5ad54775b14cfa61d2d76fa099cf4ac7.png

Some icon like this located on the top left of the screen of 035-2 instances.

• Thanks 1

15/4/2021 - 17/8/2021

Former: GENSEC MAJ | Nu-7 SM | RRH Guardian - Kilo 16 | Senior Moderator | Event Team Member | Support 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it say something along the lines of

"You have been forced to put on the mask" or something about that

if not +Support

Former RESEARCH Manager Zack Morden 
 FORMER SECURITY 2LT JFTO Zack Morden

Change is a good thing

+ Support
All it does is say at the top of your screen "you now are a 035-1"

• Like 1

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

I can't remember if there was already something that showed you when someone became a 035-2, but if that is the case getting something new something that sticks out more then that would work, so getting a bigger line and the mask icon would most definitely stop most of the team killing.

+Support 

SCPRP | Mr. Inactive | Resigned

Former: Admin Maintenance Foreman Head Of H.L.P.R. Bot | MTF E11 SSGT Bulborb L1GT

[On CC's] Frank West MTF ETA 10 U2 "See No Evil"

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Guinea Pig said:

+ Support

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

"035 breach! 035 Breach!"

"STOP I TURNED YOU!!"

"You what? I cant hear you over the gunfire!"

In other words, +Support

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

16 hours ago, Guinea Pig said:

+ Support

Just like a flash of light would be great

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

+Support, compared to 049 where it's very clear when you get changed, it can be a bit of a hassle to figure it out with 035.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

On 5/3/2021 at 9:08 AM, Southpaw said:

"STOP I TURNED YOU!!"

In other words, +Support

EX Nu7 WO | EX HSU Ragnarok
Retired RRH

The War Criminal

-Proud owner of a Golden Chainsaw

On 5/3/2021 at 10:08 AM, Southpaw said:

"STOP I TURNED YOU!!"

In other words, +Support

Former: Medic Supervisor (Command), MTF Alpha-01 Engineer and Event Team

On 5/3/2021 at 8:08 AM, Southpaw said:

"STOP I TURNED YOU!!"

In other words, +Support

Imperial RP] Ex-Gamemaster| Ex-Starfighter Corps. Officer| Ex-Onyx Squad Officer| Ex-Inferno Squad Squadron Leader| Ex-Shadow Guard Officer VII| INO Chad. 
SCP RP] 
Retired-Nu7 1st Lieutenant| Ex-GENSEC Master Sergeant and Junior Warden| Retired-Chaos Insurgency 1st Lieutenant| Zeta-19| Epic Payday Gang(2nd ever)| Ex-A1 Guardian| Ex-Event Team Member.
"You are a quarter of a million strong, and you shoot well, but what if I showed of with 500,000 men? What would you do?" -Kaiser Wilhelm II "We would shoot twice, and we'd go home" -Swiss Militiaman

naruto shippuden GIF

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 9:08 AM, Southpaw said:

"STOP I TURNED YOU!!"

In other words, +Support

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

+support 
As long as its a bit more obvious it will be fine. I am certain most of the server has had at least one "i didnt notice the thing" situation with 035. 

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

• 2 weeks later...