A new cool radio - Denied

Jack (utility one)

What are you suggesting? -
    Adding this pretty cool radio addon.

How would this change better the server? -
    Well the last radio was pretty eh with many issues. With no one using it due to it's glitchy nature whenever you try to select/unselect it, people just screaming over it, and it just being not the best radio. With this non-glitchy, good audio quality, super customizable radio. With the ability to have job specific base frequency. The ability to make password protected channels (number of them that can active at once can be changed in the config) so randoms can't join MTF or CI comms to meta-game, at least as easily. You can mute your mic as well defen in the radio, you can set your own key binds in the Q menu. You can use /r to talk with fellows in the frequency for you typers out there. You can see people who are talking on the radio at the time, again configurable. The coolest function, in my opinion, is when you type /rdo you get a TUTORIAL of how to use the radio so new players don't get confused by it! Also the server can make some money off of it for CC's, again you can give frequencies to specific jobs or can create a password channel for the CC, which you can probably charge $10 for or something. 
(All these are listed under description, they all don't fit so hit "read more" to see em all.)
Also this addon is fairly small and causes no lag from what I was able to see.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -
    It may not be used as much like the old radio but from what I know that was because of how glitchy the old one was so hopefully it will be used more often.
The person who made the addon wasn't the best at English, he's French, so there is a lot of broken English and grammar mistakes/generally hard to understand, mainly in the tutorial part which is fixable through the language config (under the main config file).

Who would this change mostly benefit? -
   MTF, CI, Security mainly but will also assist all of the branches.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -
https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/realistic-radio-the-most-advanced-radio-system
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2304089398

Cool Note: The author of the addon is still very active with any issues with this addon as well as his other addons so any major, or minor, bugs can be reported to him if need be. This is cool because it will only get better from this!

• Like 1

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

+support

I've used a radio like this before that worked decently. I feel like that radio was free however on the workshop. But having radios would be pretty good even if its not this radio specifically.

Edited by royalderg

+Support

From what other branches have said, and me considering this idea, I have changed to + Support

Hopefully this will help everyone when branch updates come out.

Edited by Southpaw

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

7 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

these will be abused on open comms

Again thats the cool part of the addon, that branch specific channels can be auto-set by job through the config, meaning Nu7 jobs are auto in the Nu7 channel (frequency). As well these channels can/should be password protected so to join you need the code. As well you can mute/defen the radio itself so if someone does do that you can mute, and catch the players name in the top right corner.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

3 hours ago, Southpaw said:

+/- Support

Okay. I like the idea here, but a thing to keep in mind is that these will be abused on open comms. It was an issue with the last radio and I find the radio in general to be useless. No one likes to pay attention to it and I find talking in Ts3 in Nu7 Raid ops or somewhere else to communicate with others better. To me, it seems like another item to pay attention to when trying to hold down the site. 

I might change this response later, depending on what is said.

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

-Support

I don't think it's really necessary, most branches use team speak which is much better.

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

+Support

Having Radios can help Security out alot! Currently only CPL+ In Security is required to be in TS so all of our LCPLs and OFCs have no way of communicating from long distances, besides using chat (Keep in mind OFC and LCPLs can make up as much as 300 People in Security). As long as the addon is optimized well I only see positives for the addition. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Sixx said:

+Support

Having Radios can help Security out alot! Currently only CPL+ In Security is required to be in TS so all of our LCPLs and OFCs have no way of communicating from long distances, besides using chat (Keep in mind OFC and LCPLs can make up as much as 300 People in Security). As long as the addon is optimized well I only see positives for the addition. 

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

+Support for Gensec

-Support for everyone else

Radios in the past were basically pointless as every branch basically gets access/ is required to be in the TS when flagged on

this can help with what Sixx stated above for gensec, but for every other branch it feels kinda pointless

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

13 hours ago, OWNED said:

Radios in the past were basically pointless as every branch basically gets access/ is required to be in the TS when flagged on

this can help with what Sixx stated above for gensec, but for every other branch it feels kinda pointless

On 4/8/2021 at 11:30 AM, MexicanGuy said:

I don't think it's really necessary, most branches use team speak which is much better.

this is mainly for MTF actually. As most the time Nu7 and E11 are separated in teamspeak. As well for CI with RnD and Military separated. Utility could have this as well with medical and maintenance, but usually we just vibe together but could still be there. This isn't for in-branch communication really, as teamspeak is godly, but for inter-branch communication this would work wonders as well create a more RP vibe.

+Support

Why not? While in terms of communication wise, I sort of find its usefulness subpar but it has something. It would benefit security's enlisted personnel and give MTF and CI a bit more depth of RP. Just so long as it isn't glitchy and all... 

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

+Support
The reasons the old radios sucked was because of people
mingeing in open comms how ever i played on a server with this
radio on it and i couldn't change it sure it may take a while to set up all the jobs
with there own radio channel but it will be worth it for people who dont have TS 

Former RESEARCH Manager Zack Morden 
 FORMER SECURITY 2LT JFTO Zack Morden

Change is a good thing

- Support

GET OFF OPEN COMMS!

If we for whatever reason were insane enough to readd this, it should be to where only Command can give it out to people. Or some way we can avoid some 4 year old child getting their grubby hands on it lmao

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

4 hours ago, NeoID said:

GET OFF OPEN COMMS!

Again, password protected channel's. We can select channels of importance, like open comms, for command+ for obvious reasons. There are plenty and simple ways to avoid this and punish those who do it. Compared to the last radio this is more formal and easier to regulate. AND if all that fails you can mute the radio in-game.

On 4/12/2021 at 3:22 PM, russianweeb69 said:

Everyone is already using TS why need another radio

TS is only for branch specific channels, not facility wide. Yes people can use /site but not many people respond in there and with the radio it makes it quicker to send information as well more likely to be heard.

On 4/11/2021 at 5:49 AM, Rektify said:

+Support

Why not? While in terms of communication wise, I sort of find its usefulness subpar but it has something. It would benefit security's enlisted personnel and give MTF and CI a bit more depth of RP. Just so long as it isn't glitchy and all... 

|  Former Nu7 IFE IRCN IBHM SGT  | Former Security JFTO SM | Former JWD Warden | Former A1 SF 2LT| Former RRH Guardian Zulu 1                                                                      

On 4/8/2021 at 3:23 PM, Sixx said:

+Support

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

On 4/8/2021 at 3:23 PM, Sixx said:

+Support

On 4/8/2021 at 10:23 PM, Sixx said:

+Support

MTF Epsilon-11 Commander | Event Team 

On 4/8/2021 at 12:30 PM, MexicanGuy said:

-Support

EX Nu7 WO | EX HSU Ragnarok
Retired RRH

The War Criminal

-Proud owner of a Golden Chainsaw

+/- Support

Would be useful for starter branches but for MTF and CI it would be useless.

Edited by Cloaker

local teenage father :3

Retired: ci ddop cloaker s1mp

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team