General Suggestion - Nerf the Thompson Contender G2 - Denied

Jameshi34

What are you suggesting? - Nerfing the Thompson Contender G2 from 110 dmg to 95 dmg.

How would this change better the server? - 
After conducting damage tests, I believe this weapon is too powerful for the D-Class at its current state. Here are the results we gathered:

OFC-LCPL | 2 shot body/head (no limb damage)
CPL- SNCO | 3 shot body/head (CPL), 3 shot body and 2 shot head (NCO)  (CPL has no limb damage | NCO jobs have limb damage)
WO-SCMD | 4 shot body, 4 shot head (no limb damage)
HCMD | 5 shot body and 4 shot head (has limb damage)

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - D-Class CCs lose a broken gun

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Foundation Personnel

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - tfa_contender is the gun

• Like 6
  • Dislike 6

Gensec LTCOL | Deputy Head Warden S.T.A.R.S. Michael Jones Enthusiast

do you are have stupid?                                   goodjob.PNG.9c25ffc1a65cd99790254177add16546.PNG

+Support

That sniper is pathetically OP for D-Class to have, a nerf is needed to it. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

+/- Support

I really consider contender to be a very good weapon, but it has both its pros and cons. This one does good damage as long as you shoot them in the head and only has a 1 magazine.

I would rather that instead of nerfen it, that it is no longer considered a secondary weapon and that it is no longer possible to put it in a Dclass cc .

Edited by MexicanGuy

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

5 minutes ago, MexicanGuy said:

+/- Support

I really consider contender to be a very good weapon, but it has both its pros and cons. This one does good damage as long as you shoot them in the head and only has a 1 magazine.

I would rather that instead of nerfen it, that it is no longer considered a secondary weapon and that it is no longer possible to put it in a Dclass cc .

No, a damage nerf is needed. The reload for it isn't all that bad and more than half of Security's forces don't have limb damage, so headshots don't matter. Making it so it's not able to be put on new CCs sounds like a good idea until you realize that 90% of good D-Class CCs already have this on them. Making it so new CCs can't have it won't work for me.

do you are have stupid?                                   goodjob.PNG.9c25ffc1a65cd99790254177add16546.PNG

9 minutes ago, MexicanGuy said:

+/- Support

Time and time again, I've seen my security wiped out with this weapon. I can tell you in absolute confidence that the gun doesn't need to be a headshot to take us down. I agree with Jameshi. It must be nerfed.

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

+/- Support

From what I noticed while using the gun, it goes from 75 damage to 200. I have only been able to get the full damage maybe once or twice. As such, most CCs are going to be using it if there is a huge raid going on. HOWEVER, if there is only one D-Class CC online, he is weak and very easily taken out by an enlisted or sniper.

For a possible solution to this problem, instead of just removing the gun fully (because that's a little unfair to take away one of the only guns we can actually use) SMT can fix it so it only does about 40 damage to 75 damage at max. I do agree that an gun being able to do 200 damage in one hit is a little much, for any class that is.

45 minutes ago, MexicanGuy said:

+/- Support

With what MexicanGuy stated, we do only have one shot with the gun and it mostly miss our shots (Or maybe I'm just bad at aiming). Another thing that could be done is to either have the reload speed increased by a little bit or just increasing the mag size but making it a pain in the ass to reload. 

33 minutes ago, Mind Stone said:

Time and time again, I've seen my security wiped out with this weapon. I can tell you in absolute confidence that the gun doesn't need to be a headshot to take us down. I agree with Jameshi. It must be nerfed.

I can agree with this, maybe lowering the limp damage is heavily needed as I have one shot people during after hours and they mad about it. Dealing 200 damage with ANY GUN is really OP, as such why the contender is the most used besides it being one of the only. 

My opinion is to either lower the number by a shit ton or fully nerf the limb damage. I don't believe fully removing the gun is fair to D-Class as we don't have that many guns to use. I can agree and disagree but so this post isn't any longer than it needs to be, I will end it here. 🙂

Edited by Mary

Free From GL ❤️

3 minutes ago, Mary said:

My opinion is to either lower the number by a shit ton or fully nerf the limp damage. I don't believe fully removing the gun is fair to D-Class as we don't have that many guns to use. I can agree and disagree but so this post isn't any longer than it needs to be, I will end it here. 🙂

To clarify, I'm not suggesting removing the gun. I don't know where this came from, I'm looking for a damage nerf.

2 minutes ago, Jameshi34 said:

To clarify, I'm not suggesting removing the gun. I don't know where this came from, I'm looking for a damage nerf.

Read the post wrong at first, noticed it right as I hit submit.

Edited by Mary
  • Laughing 1

Free From GL ❤️

The thing is its a sniper and it uses AR ammo not even sniper and it has 1 mag and takes like 3-5 seconds to reload

Its fine to be nerfed 

+support

Current: ------
Former: Nu7 1lt/WO SFTOx2 ECRS Hammer and Sickle Unit   l Gensec SGT l E11 CPL/Ranger l Alpha-1 MSGT l  
kawaii cute anime GIF

-Support, 

This would do nothing for the lower classes that die to the gun, only help strong classes, especially MTF presence in D Block, that already survive easily since they can escape and heal.

6 hours ago, Jameshi34 said:

Nerfing the Thompson Contender G2 from 110 dmg to 95 dmg.

Would like to add most of the hits to models without limb damage do roughly 95-100 most of the time.

Officer has a combined total 150-2*95= still a 2 hit

LCPL has 200-3*95= A 3 hit, but most of the time already it still is a 3 hit.

CPL has 225-3*95= still a 3 hit

New JrNCO has 275-3*95= would still be around an average of 3 hits factoring this model takes limb damage/ headshots

New NCO has 300-3*95= would still be around an average of 3 hits factoring this model takes limb damage/ headshots

You can do the other jobs but since these are the main jobs that are affected by the gun damage after 3 hits there has been plenty of time to strategize a run to somewhere to heal.

9 minutes ago, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support, 

This would do nothing for the lower classes that die to the gun, only help strong classes, especially MTF presence in D Block, that already survive easily since they can escape and heal.

Would like to add most of the hits to models without limb damage do roughly 95-100 most of the time.

New JrNCO has 275-3*95= would still be around an average of 3 hits factoring this model takes limb damage/ headshots

New NCO has 300-3*95= would still be around an average of 3 hits factoring this model takes limb damage/ headshots

You can do the other jobs but since these are the main jobs that are affected by the gun damage after 3 hits there has been plenty of time to strategize a run to somewhere to heal.

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

The gun itself is abused by D-Class ccs and the GenSec enlisted are bullied by them.

If an OFC has no armor and is missing maybe 10-20 HP, he will get one tapped

+Support

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

7 hours ago, Jameshi34 said:

D-Class CCs lose a broken gun

- SUPPORT

- I just personally think Gensec have far stronger classes now with much better HP and Armor stats that can easily counter the Contender for example Gensec Sniper class. 

Edited by Dang
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dang said:

- SUPPORT

- I just personally think Gensec have far stronger classes now with much better HP and Armor stats  that can easily counter the Contender for example Gensec Sniper class. 

• Like 1

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

Dclass have no real options for good ranged weaponry. None of the other dclass CC weapons even have a scope. The G2 has been a staple of Dclass CC’s since their beginning, and for a long time they weren’t any good at all and compare to actual snipers they are terrible. They are given to Dclass because they are fine, and you have to be good to use it. As is the case with most Dclass weapons. When going up against AWP’s, Barrett m82’s, and Interventions, this gun doesn’t even come close to the same caliber.

- SUPPORT

Edited by APE

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

1 hour ago, Jack (utility one) said:

-support

Its a pretty weapon yea but oretty sure its a rng gun, like the model 500 used to be, as Ive rarely hit thise damage counters you said. Not to mention you need accurace and ✨skill✨

I think we should wait until the newest map update comes out cause as SMT said a new D-block elevator is in the works currently. The contender is strong since D-class have gotten the black barricade, purple line, and the sweet spot on the elevator to avoid fire

-Support until the map update comes out

• Like 1

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

2 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support, 

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

11 hours ago, Sixx said:

+Support

That sniper is pathetically OP for D-Class to have, a nerf is needed to it. 

I support this at least on site 10v2. I still want to see the map change before any change to this gun would happen. My problem with it right now is that they can burn through our enlisted and NCOs if there's no riot control to stop them. Even if Riot Control are there, D Class still have a sweet spot behind the elevator. For right now +support, but I wanna see the map change first.

Edited by Spud

Armored Shield | Gensec MAJ EWD | DHFTO | OPRF

image.png.e09ac0bccd380d6b8f4058660ffdf6f7.png

9 hours ago, Dang said:

- SUPPORT

- I just personally think Gensec have far stronger classes now with much better HP and Armor stats that can easily counter the Contender for example Gensec Sniper class. 

dead server   -support 

Edited by xanyh

5 hours ago, Dang said:

- SUPPORT

(-Support)

4 hours ago, APE said:

Dclass have no real options for good ranged weaponry. None of the other dclass CC weapons even have a scope. The G2 has been a staple of Dclass CC’s since their beginning, and for a long time they weren’t any good at all and compare to actual snipers they are terrible. They are given to Dclass because they are fine, and you have to be good to use it. As is the case with most Dclass weapons. When going up against AWP’s, Barrett m82’s, and Interventions, this gun doesn’t even come close to the same caliber.

- SUPPORT

^^ this right here is also a big reason why this is -Support

There is no reason why this gun needs to be nerfed no person ever hits straight headshots with ease you guys have riot control, snipers wardens, and security ccs to help.

Seeing as you guys are about to get a buff to gensec (more or less) this would be unfair and nerfing something that is a staple to us D-Class CCs. The contender has always been a 100+DMG weapon as it is the only weapon for us capable of out putting that amount.

Regardless the gun has been nerfed in the past in site 05. The gun is meant to have one bullet and we have to make it count. If we miss you guys have a barret that can 1 shot us CCs with no hassle of reloading every time you miss. 

Edited by Oxteru

"Osu! Fucking Pro"