Prevent D-Class from using unrealistic "Comms" to use for open comms. - Accepted [Completed]

[GL] Mike

What are you suggesting? - D-Class can no longer use PD as "Comms" and they must get it from foundation personnel like it's meant to be.

How would this change better the server? - Prevent situations like this. "Open Comms In a way" It ruins R&D's RP and it can also lead to them being punished as they have to fill out a weekly quota of one interrogation or test. If D-Class tell foundation they have them and foundation takes them back R&D can't finish their test.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766778794454679552/794626464968474624/assf.PNG https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766778794454679552/794626494319951952/adf.PNG https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766778794454679552/794626527383781386/gfd.PNG

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - None that I can see

Who would this change mostly benefit? - CI as it prevents situations like in the images.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by [GL] Mike
  • Like 1

D class can't use comms in General. If someone does, then they are powergaming. 

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Skela said:

LMFAOOOOOO that’s meta gaming.

why tf would dclass even snitch? Wasn’t they just being held as a test subject by the foundation 💀

The argument is that there’s “no rule that d-class have to side with CI.” Personally I think it’s incredibly dumb, but major +support this is just power gaming. 

https://gyazo.com/ef5075dceaa9d4ee03cd2c10be3c6f96

I think that rule is already there

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

5 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

D class can't use comms in General. If someone does, then they are powergaming. 

They can use foundation comms if they kidnap a foundation but thats about it

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

4 hours ago, October said:

The argument is that there’s “no rule that d-class have to side with CI.” Personally I think it’s incredibly dumb, but major +support this is just power gaming. 

This is incredible power game lol

Full +Support from me

Foundation Archivist | Operations Supervisor | SCP-RP Senior Admin Forums Diplomat | Support 1 |

+Support

FailRP and Meta really. What sane D class would help the foundation they just risk their lives escaping???

I feel like anyone who is not in the opposing branch, should not be able to make call outs like this. 

As for the dclass adverting rule, I think this is abusing that rule slightly. It's not really an "RP" reason as intended by MOTD. I believe the "RP reasons" include things for tests like [ACT] adverts. We don't have police RP on SCP unless there's an event. So making up a fake comms is similar to dclass making up their own comms in dblock, (Which isn't allowed btw) If this scenario doesn't break the adverting rule, then might as well get rid of the rule since pretty much anything will slide. It's not being regulated. 

Edited by [GL] Fizz-y Soda

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

6 hours ago, October said:

There is no rule that d-class have to side with CI. 

Also, d-class aren't allowed to be adverting as they have no real reason unless its for an event. As they don't have rp radios. 

So anyways + support

Edited by Chief_

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

1 hour ago, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

+Support

FailRP and Meta really. What sane D class would help the foundation they just risk their lives escaping???

I feel like anyone who is not in the opposing branch, should not be able to make call outs like this. 

As for the dclass adverting rule, I think this is abusing that rule slightly. It's not really an "RP" reason as intended by MOTD. I believe the "RP reasons" include things for tests like [ACT] adverts. We don't have police RP on SCP unless there's an event. So making up a fake comms is similar to dclass making up their own comms in dblock, (Which isn't allowed btw) If this scenario doesn't break the adverting rule, then might as well get rid of the rule since pretty much anything will slide. It's not being regulated. 

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

I cannot bealive I have to +Support this... 

We have problems with this annoyingly often and I would love to see the be a rule if not already a rule.

"𝘕𝘰 𝘐 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯'
'𝘊𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘦'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯' 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘧 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯'?"

-Retired CI MAJ Zero

• 2 weeks later...
  • Igneous unlocked and locked this topic
  • 2 years later...