Adding something to the SCP RP Suggestion Process and Format - Denied

General bacon

What are you suggesting? -  Adding a requirement in this  which would be to make it mandatory to talk to a branch HCMD before making a post about their branches. So for example if someone wants to make a suggestion like removing Nu-7 operative they need to talk to the respective HCMD so in that case Nu-7 HCMD. 
 This would be enforced by making it so if none of the HCMD were talked to the suggestion would be a instant denied and they would need to reply saying they were talked to about with the suggestion.

How would this change better the server? - Make it so there is less people arguing in suggestions. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  No

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  Everyone

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - No

Edited by General bacon

Retired MTF Nu7 LTCOL| Retired Nu7 HFTO | Retired OH1 |  Retired Admin | French Canadian Man
Custom Classes: Raptor Team Jeff the killer

+ Support

We need to enforce this.

Grinding with Nu7  |Past SGT in A1, Gensec and CI  Was a great Tech Saved Beanz from doom thrice Didn't save Rang Gets bullied by Surge Loves all in the server

Custom Classes: Spy, D-Class 2304  | CNTN Bot , Raptor Team |Tango - 14, CTF

Retired DoTF

Look I would love to have this but how would this be enforced? Would the HCMD member that you talked with have to reply with something? Gotta leave a -Support.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Sixx said:

Look I would love to have this but how would this be enforced? Would the HCMD member that you talked with have to reply with something? Gotta leave a -Support.

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

38 minutes ago, Orange 🍊 said:

How could this be enforced?

7 minutes ago, Sixx said:

There I fixed it and put a possibility of how it could be enforced. 

Retired MTF Nu7 LTCOL| Retired Nu7 HFTO | Retired OH1 |  Retired Admin | French Canadian Man

-Support No, i'm not going to force my CI Enlisted/command to not post on the forums without my approval they have the freedom to speak their mind/post their opinions and suggestions for the server, even if those suggestions may be wrong in the eyes of certain people. 

I WILL however promote my Fellow CI/Foundation players to talk to their command about issues they are having but i will not punish them if they do not especially if they are not part of my branch or are enlisted, I will not go running around to foundation branch heads asking if they can punish one of their enlisted or command because of what he said on the forums... because of some.... text.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coltable said:

-Support No, i'm not going to force my CI Enlisted/command to not post on the forums without my approval they have the freedom to speak their mind/post their opinions and suggestions for the server, even if those suggestions may be wrong in the eyes of certain people. 

I am not asking to make it so you need approval form HCMD for every post I am only saying for post regarding opposing branches. So for example if I tough CI Alpha op should be nerfed because of X reason then I would need to go talk to you, Orange, Enuz or Arusso before making the suggestion so people could talk and give their opinion and reasoning.

In general, command should be contacted about changes to specific jobs, ie: weapons, armor, health, descriptions, etc. However, the current suggestion that you're referring to, which is suggesting to remove the job or restrict it to events only, is the proper use of suggestions forum and in my opinion, doesn't need branch head sign off.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

2 minutes ago, General bacon said:

I would need to go talk to you

1. We would not care if you didn't come to us, the point for the suggestions is to get a community wide opinion on a subject, it lacks bias opinion, that's why its good especially if your opinion is a negative subject/effect against a job/branch.
  2. Id expect someone like yourself (command member) to possibly message myself or HCMD but I would not want enlisted poking me or messaging me on discord when they can just post on the forums.

This is starting to look kinda toxic haha if were all just quoting each other XD so maybe we all should chill and let others comment on this post, and let more ppl give their opinion on the subject. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coltable said:

This is starting to look kinda toxic haha if were all just quoting each other XD so maybe we all should chill and let others comment on this post, and let more ppl give their opinion on the subject. 

Ye I totally agree with that and sorry if I appeared toxic it was not my intention,

-Support

The point of the forums is to bring to the community’s notice when a certain class is too OP or the branch HCMD aren’t listening and really can’t even be enforced perse. This is where the freedom to express your opinion part comes in where you have opinions from the entire community and SMT which is what the forums is about, and let’s be honest if a branch has a good class, it’s unlikely the branch HCMD would immediately nerf it unless given persuasion, with one way being the forums, I know it sounds like a Dick move but that’s how it works most of the time from what I’ve seen.

Edited by [GL] Zeus

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

On 1/5/2021 at 12:27 PM, General bacon said:

This would be enforced by making it so if none of the HCMD were talked to the suggestion would be a instant denied

Seems a bit extreme. While you should speak with a branches high command before suggesting a change, there are certain balancing issues that might not be agreed on between the two parties. An instant denial is far too extreme especially if the idea has merits. 

On 1/5/2021 at 3:07 PM, Coltable said:

I WILL however promote my Fellow CI/Foundation players to talk to their command about issues they are having but i will not punish them if they do not especially if they are not part of my branch or are enlisted, I will not go running around to foundation branch heads asking if they can punish one of their enlisted or command because of what he said on the forums... because of some.... text.

I might not be HCMD but I wont punish my Branches people for Speaking their mind

On 1/5/2021 at 7:18 PM, [GL] Zeus said:

-Support

The point of the forums is to bring to the community’s notice when a certain class is too OP or the branch HCMD aren’t listening and really can’t even be enforced perse. This is where the freedom to express your opinion part comes in where you have opinions from the entire community and SMT which is what the forums is about, and let’s be honest if a branch has a good class, it’s unlikely the branch HCMD would immediately nerf it unless given persuasion, with one way being the forums, I know it sounds like a Dick move but that’s how it works most of the time from what I’ve seen.

-Support

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

• 2 weeks later...