General suggestion: New Open comms - Denied

MrTouchdown

What are you suggesting? -  have a chat feauture allowing an open comms that is in RP

How would this change better the server? -  we have no formal way of using open comms other than adverting and then puting [OPEN] in front of the sentence it  would  also make adverts stand out even more suuch as Hands up/Partial for Gensec, Self breaches, and raids/thermals. it could also help limit meta gaming by secluding certain people who can see the comms.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  it would require some coding but i think its  possible

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  MTF, CI, Research/RnD (for mass testing) 

Oh we had that, there was just a flaw to this. People would raid the server by spamming racial slurs into that comms, and even muting or gaging the person would not work. It was too much to manage, so it was removed. The system was similar to that of imperial rp, I believe.  

Everyone had access to that comms. 

Edited by Hope

osu! achiever? I don't know

3 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

We removed /comms for a reason as it bypasses the mute command 

17 minutes ago, Hope said:

Oh we had that, there was just a flaw to this. People would raid the server by spamming racial slurs into that comms, and even muting or gaging the person would not work. It was too much to manage, so it was removed. The system was similar to that of imperial rp, I believe.  

Everyone had access to that comms. 

-Support

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

On 12/22/2020 at 7:17 PM, [GL] Zeus said:

We removed /comms for a reason as it bypasses the mute command 

-Support

E11 1LT || Event Team Member || Former A1 branch member || E11 Director of FTO || D-0007 || OH10 || MTF E11 Inferno MK85 ||

"The branch went from India to Alabama" - Zeus
 "It went from fucking a cow to fucking a cousin" - Mateo

• 4 weeks later...
  • Owner
On 12/22/2020 at 5:58 PM, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

-Support

If you don't have an Add-on to provide with this suggestion, it's not going to get accepted. 

Also, adverts already stand out. They're formatted a different color. 

Why would he need an addon? We already have a comms addon.

-Support

I'd prefer not to have people screaming over open comms, however it was extremely hilarious at times I will admit that.

Just is way too mingey in my opinion when it was a thing.

Foundation Archivist | Operations Supervisor | SCP-RP Senior Admin Forums Diplomat | Support 1 |

I would say +support. 

The reason why I am saying this is becuase that we already have a comms addon.

What we could do is create a /comms that is /open.

Which every job (Besides scp's/d-class) have access to. 

So that will prevent the raiders from being able to spam in the /open comms constantly.

It would also prevent d-class from metagaming/failrping by looking at those comms to try and figure out what was going on.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

39 minutes ago, Chief_ said:

I would say +support. 

So that will prevent the raiders from being able to spam in the /open comms constantly.

It would also prevent d-class from metagaming/failrping by looking at those comms to try and figure out what was going on.

^

It doesn't make any sense for D-Class to have access to any comm channels, so this is a good compromise I believe

+Support

Current:           Retired
Ex:                    CI PD || CI RnD SR BIO IOI || SCP-RP Event Team || E11 Major || Administrator

51 minutes ago, Chief_ said:

I would say +support. 

Agreed +Support.

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

- Support
Adverts already provide a good visual whenever there is talk in open comms as the text is in bright yellow.
Also old open comms was a bit... chaotic.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png