Ban Appeal- Denied

Timmy7jc

Steam Name: Timmy7jc

Ingame Name: Haashim Zaheer al Assad

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:94066928

Ban Length: 1 Week

Admin that Banned you: [GL] SupremeChow

Reason for Ban:  "Racism" Racism in Crash Chat (n-word)

Dispute: I was trying to copy and paste "﷽ " into the crash chat after about 8 or so crashes, the pdf I tried copying it off of didn't work or I guess I missed c, but when I hit paste in the crash chat it put what had last copied, which was an n-word that I may or may not have been using to spam into this discord I'm in. I understand the zero tolerance for racism, but it was accidental and only a handful amount of people saw it. The admin that banned me understood that it was an accident and gave me a warn and ban regardless, and when I said why I was getting banned in /ooc he said "it wasn't an accident." I enjoy this server and was planning to play on it for a bit longer. I've seen others intentionally n-word bait in chat and ask in /ooc if the n-word is allowed in chat, specifically using the n-word to ask and at max they get a warn. I'd understand the zero tolerance if it was applied consistently. I apologize for the n-word and it will not happen again.

You shouldn’t be spamming that anywhere, so even if it was an accident this still shows you’re racist and ignorant bc you intended to use the word elsewhere. You’re lucky this wasn’t a perma bc you definitely deserve it. 

-support. Use this time to think about what the N word means and how people feel when they see it. take this lesson and apply it to any other community you participate in. 

- Support

- You did break a rule. Even if the staff member "understood" that it was an accident, it doesn't change the fact that you did break a big rule.

-Just ride out the ban, it's only a week, and come back and learn not to do things like that. 

~Beelzebub | Gaminglight Member Since 2016
"If you want real happiness, you've got to find it for yourself! Not wait for someone to give it to you!"- Asuka Langley Soyru

1 minute ago, Niko Bellic said:

- Support

- You did break a rule. Even if the staff member "understood" that it was an accident, it doesn't change the fact that you did break a big rule.

-Just ride out the ban, it's only a week, and come back and learn not to do things like that. 

minisigforums.webp

2 minutes ago, india goat said:

+support he is a new player and it was an accident, even if he did do it on purpose, still shouldn't be a week ban for saying it once, I have seen people get warned or muted for it, and only banned if they spam

I am sure that everyone knows that being racist is a huge breach of rule, regardless if you are new or not. If a person don't know, that person shouldn't be on the internet or GMOD. 

If someone pulls the "I do not know the rules" card. Then, that sucks because when you close the MOTD, you agree to the rules. 

osu! achiever? I don't know

1 hour ago, [GL] pizza said:

You shouldn’t be spamming that anywhere, so even if it was an accident this still shows you’re racist and ignorant bc you intended to use the word elsewhere. You’re lucky this wasn’t a perma bc you definitely deserve it. 

-support. Use this time to think about what the N word means and how people feel when they see it. take this lesson and apply it to any other community you participate in. 

47 minutes ago, Niko Bellic said:

- Support

"Learn not to do things like that"

I'll definitely be careful not accidentally paste racism in chat, but its not like I'm learning anything from this, it was an honest mistake.

I'm not a massive racist, I'm an African American Arab that just is in a server where we all call eachother the n-word, because we're black, and no one in this tight knit community is hurt by it. I'm sorry you guys had to see that. 

As far as how people feel about it, again, I'm sorry, but the people I meant it for are other friends that see the word as funny, half of them black as well. 

I hate that you guys have to be offended for people like us, its obnoxious. 

3 minutes ago, Hope said:

I am sure that everyone knows that being racist is a huge breach of rule, regardless if you are new or not. If a person don't know, that person shouldn't be on the internet or GMOD. 

If someone pulls the "I do not know the rules" card. Then, that sucks because when you close the MOTD, you agree to the rules. 

I'm aware of the rules, and I never intended to break them. It was an accident. 

You would not just accidentally want to say anything like that in chat. Also, for the record, before you were banned you mentioned nothing of the nature about that text that you claim you were trying to copy and paste. 

-support

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

21 minutes ago, ~ vσxιs ~ said:

You would not just accidentally want to say anything like that in chat. Also, for the record, before you were banned you mentioned nothing of the nature about that text that you claim you were trying to copy and paste. 

-support

Not in /ooc, but yes we were in fact using arabic text signs in the presidents office. And I only wanted to grab the praise allah as soon as the server decided to crash every 5 seconds and everyone spammed crash chat.