Making announcing reason for increase/decrease of DEFCON mandatory - Denied

Cool Doc

What are you suggesting?

Currently, only in some situations is a reason for defcon announced, I propose than whenever the site's defcon is changed, a reason must be /adverted to the server i.e "GOI Raid over, Minor class-D riot: defcon 3 > 4". During high population, once every 5-15 minutes, a refresh of the defcon's reasoning should be made i.e "SCP-173 Breach, SCP-049 Breach: defcon 3".

How would this change better the server? 

This Change would:

• Prevent people from needing to spam the chat "Why defcon 3?" "Why is it not defcon 5???"
  • Prevent complaints from chaos/class-d over defcon abuse by MTF

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 

This change would:

• Require moderation to implement/police
  • Cause more metagaming by releasing info.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 

This change would be a general benefit to everyone in the site, giving appropriate information on why the change is being made.

• Dislike 1

I dig this

+support

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

Defcon reasonings are already announced in /f comms. Quite frankly, i see no reason why CI/D-Class should be able to see the reasonings behind the defcons. If CI wants to know the reasoning they have Maynard&Sleuths for that, and D-Class have no reasoning whatshowever.

As for the Announcing it every 5-10 minutes part, that would just be tedious to do. If someone wants to know the reason behind Defcons they can ask in /f comms.

13 hours ago, 12wew said:

Prevent complaints from chaos/class-d over defcon abuse by MTF

I have literally never heard this was an issue.

• Like 1

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

-Support

No reason for D-Class and CI to know the reason for a defcon change. Especially since D-Class aren’t meant to know this information. Exactly why they are administered amnestics after a test with an anomaly/SCP.

Also I’ve never heard of “Defcon Abuse” in my lifetime of playing this server.

Edited by TG_Kilo

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

||Omi9|| E11 PFC || CI RND Researcher ||

11 minutes ago, Phillers said:

Defcon reasonings are already announced in /f comms. Quite frankly, i see no reason why CI/D-Class should be able to see the reasonings behind the defcons. If CI wants to know the reasoning they have Maynard&Sleuths for that, and D-Class have no reasoning whatshowever.

As for the Announcing it every 5-10 minutes part, that would just be tedious to do. If someone wants to know the reason behind Defcons they can ask in /f comms.

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

54 minutes ago, Phillers said:

I had a situation where there were claims and complaints of mtf abusing defcon the other day:

Omni-9 is in/around dvlock during deacon 4 with very little riots > people complained in ooc why mtf in in dblock at deacon 4 ( with little to no riots going on ) > defcon changes from 4 to 3 with no reason announced > people ask for a reason in ooc, mtf ignores them.

Que 20 minutes of arguing in ooc by the class d on why the defcon was changed and why a reason is not being announced.

-Support
This is literally done in /f a comms there is no need for it to be done via advert. The entire point of comms is to keep stuff secret not release it to everyone, especially D class, they don't need that information. I understand you can make the argument that they shouldn't metagame but its very easily exploitable. Not to mention I have never seen the problem with the defcon thing.
If you see someone abusing it, get proof and report it to their command or staff if necessary.

Edited by [GL] Zeus

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

1 hour ago, [GL] Zeus said:

-Support
This is literally done in /f a comms there is no need for it to be done via advert. The entire point of comms is to keep stuff secret not release it to everyone, especially D class, they don't need that information. I understand you can make the argument that they shouldn't metagame but its very easily exploitable. Not to mention I have never seen the problem with the defcon thing.
If you see someone abusing it, get proof and report it to their command or staff if necessary.

3 hours ago, Phillers said:

Former Security 2LT | Former EWD|  Former OM5|Former Medical SM|Former Reznov Klushkie| Former SCP-RP Senior Moderator

+support

reply to TG_Kilo They have no reason to ask in RP  infact they dont even know but in OOC you must tell them as it can cause for staff sits and problems also i have seen that they leave defcons up multiple times for no reason just to have E11 in or Omi enter d block even when there is no riots going on i feel like an ADMIN+ should watch them whenever a defcon happens and request it to go off when everything is good since alot of MTF/guards abuse defcons

1 hour ago, Tweety said:

I have seen that they leave defcons up multiple times for no reason just to have E11 in or Omi enter d block even when there is no riots going on i feel like an ADMIN+ should watch them whenever a defcon happens and request it to go off when everything is good since alot of MTF/guards abuse defcons

This is my point exactly, even if it was done solely by the moderation team, there should be some form of regulation on defcon to prevent abuse and complains about it.

1 hour ago, Cool Doc said:

This is my point exactly, even if it was done solely by the moderation team, there should be some form of regulation on defcon to prevent abuse and complains about it.

Like I said before, if you see abuse get evidence and make a report instead of making accusations. I’m sorry if I come off as rude while saying this. It’s not that hard to contact command or staff.

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

Just spectate them and you will see that zeuz  people won't complain for no reason if people starts to complain instead of asking them to stop (I mean you can but at the same time you should go check whats the issue is too)   try to make sure if the defcon is actually legit  i'm not saying you don't do that i'm just giving an idea of how to fix this there is alot of times where i have seen fake defcons either there is no one to change them or nobody cares but the most common cases are people using them for E11 free pass or to have Omi chill in d block when the riot is over(they can stay for an extra 5 minutes maybe m to make sure stuff are fine before leaving ) but not the entire day or 1hr

Edited by Tweety

3 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

8 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

-Support

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

15 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

-Support

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

While I understand why people are -Supporting and I was thinking about doing that too. If it gets denied, idrc but..

+Support
My reason: It does sometimes get irritating when I see why a defcon gets changed but otherwise, meh. This doesnt phase me too much in RP. 

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia