Thermal Goggles that are removable - Denied

Gunther

What are you suggesting? - I want to see Thermal Goggles added onto the server and I have found a Thermal Goggles addon that fixes all prior issues. Prior issues were: 1) Once they were on, they couldn't come off. This addon allows you to take em off two ways, either pressing Ctrl + Shift + B, and the goggles will go onto the floor in front of you, or by dying.
2) They needed to work, the OG goggles ET had were buggy, these goggles work only in black with targets highlighted in white.
3) When you switch jobs you keep em, well since switching requires you to die, you wouldn't be able to bring them along.

How would this change better the server? - It would add to the actual RP instead of just adverting Thermals, as well as solve a lot of problems. No more 966 having to uncloak in the presence of 1 person with thermals. No more Stealth Op or Infiltrator having to use a flashlight while cloaking during a power outage. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - The only issue is that if you die, the thermals are left in your place of death. However, this could be fixed with the server's timed cleanup.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Anyone with access to Thermals

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=869110496

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+/- Support, I mean. It looks very good on paper, the file size is very small and hell if it goes better than the last plugin thats great, but what would stop you from just... keeping them on at all times? How would each person get them, would they come equip with every MTF class? What about MTF cc's? would they have to pay orrrr. Or would they be in the store

Edit: It appears most of the comments to it show a bit of problems, with not many fixes by the author, so i will be retracting to a 

-Support

Edited by Comrade Boekhom

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

3 minutes ago, Comrade Boekhom said:

+/- Support, I mean. It looks very good on paper, the file size is very small and hell if it goes better than the last plugin thats great, but what would stop you from just... keeping them on at all times? How would each person get them, would they come equip with every MTF class? What about MTF cc's? would they have to pay orrrr. Or would they be in the store

Edit: It appears most of the comments to it show a bit of problems, with not many fixes by the author, so i will be retracting to a 

-Support

Tested it in single player, there's no issue as far as I've seen, it works perfectly fine.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

I think if executed properly this would be a good idea. I don't think this should replace adverting thermals though. I think it should be used along side the advert. The problem I have sometimes is seeing which people specifically called thermals. Let's say only two out of 7 MTF called thermals. I can't see the persons name until I walk right up to them before uncloaking, but even then I'll start getting blasted because they said they already called thermals and I need to uncloak. Being able to see the model having thermals helps tell if that person put thermals on or not. 

The only issue I see with this, is when people forget to take them off. (Thermal adverts expire in 5 minutes)

+Support until other reasons surface.

Edited by [GL] Fizz-y Soda

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

1 hour ago, Comrade Boekhom said:

-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

-support
As it would be nice but there are multiple issues with this. 1. How would classes get it, put it in the F4 menu if possible. What about CC's it would be pretty hard to make sure they all have it and then add it to new ones. 2. A lot of the comments are filled with concerns about the mod and how it doesn't work right or another thing. If it is tested on a test server and works then yea I would enjoy it.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

+support advert them then put them on

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

I think thermals should be used along side the advert because if not it could lead too some more people failrping and saying they had thermals on when they didn’t and then more star sits but I also think only certain people should be able too use thermals so theirs not way too many thermals 

On 7/28/2020 at 11:18 AM, Comrade Boekhom said:

-Support

I think it would be cool but the handling of the logistics of the addon sounds... a bit nightmarish in my opinion. 

• 3 weeks later...