NLR Timer - Denied

DooM Guy

What you want to see? -  NLR Timer

Why should we add it? -   people waiting on NLR is ridiculous. You'll either have people that wait like 2 seconds for their NLR and think "Ok times up" and then go back to where they died (I usually see this with Security Officers), or people that stay in spawn for like 10 min till they go back.

What are the advantages of having this? - People don't skip their NLR or wait too long.

Who is it mainly for? - Security, MTF, and D-class CC's

Links to any content -  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=151049910&searchtext=NLR

Edited by TWIX

687515010_Screenshot2021-05-12013101.png.d685e9dcb10c05e7081de12f3296b980.png

I believe this was already suggested but was denied due to lag and Implementation issues.

It also states you can’t return to where you died so it really won’t be helpful most of the time as people don’t spawn directly where they died

NLR timer has to be set to different values for different jobs( including CCs and other classes )which have different values of NLR is a pain for SMT and  Staff can just use logs 

Just call staff if you see someone break NLR or use the forums

Unnecessary imo

-Support

Edited by [GL] Zeus

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

-support

this seems hard to set up and might make the server lag a lot more, also, NLR is different times depending on what youre playing as so that would make the set up even more difficult 

Id just say to suggest using a google timer or your phone to new people 

• Like 1

| SCP-RP | Senior Moderator | 

I'd like to see this implemented, but i just cant see it being done due to the issue's this would cause.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

Hello Twix,

If Im correct isn't the NLR rule that you CANNOT leave your spawn until your timer is up? If thats the case, I don't see too much of a problem player side. Now this would unfortunately increase the amount of NLR timer requests and staff would basically be pulling people all the time due to seeing the numerous timers still up when people leave their spawns before they're up. I think the main issue is that it increases the amount of micromanagement staff would end up doing as they would always be acutely aware of peoples timers rather then waiting for reports for someone breaking NLR and this would most definitely cause way more sits and warns.

I'm glad this is a tangible thing, it doesn't put down a giant area marker which might clutter staffs screens and it looks like it would be feasible I just don't know how staff feeling about micromanaging people a lot more for NLR breaks (This especially goes for D block GENSEC).

+/- support. The suggestion is more for staff management of NLR timers then it is for players but it definately improves player ability to track timers in server it just makes it hell for staff members. But I could see this reliably being implemented as it only does what you need it to.

image.png.5f829811adfa50fc2051ef2292dbb7b5.png

Edited by Matricies

8 minutes ago, Matricies said:

Hello Twix,

If Im correct isn't the NLR rule that you CANNOT leave your spawn until your timer is up? If thats the case, I don't see too much of a problem player side. Now this would unfortunately increase the amount of NLR timer requests and staff would basically be pulling people all the time due to seeing the numerous timers still up when people leave their spawns before they're up. I think the main issue is that it increases the amount of micromanagement staff would end up doing as they would always be acutely aware of peoples timers rather then waiting for reports for someone breaking NLR and this would most definitely cause way more sits and warns.

I'm glad this is a tangible thing, it doesn't put down a giant area marker which might clutter staffs screens and it looks like it would be feasible I just don't know how staff feeling about micromanaging people a lot more for NLR breaks (This especially goes for D block GENSEC).

+/- support. The suggestion is more for staff management of NLR timers then it is for players but it definately improves player ability to track timers in server it just makes it hell for staff members. But I could see this reliably being implemented as it only does what you need it to.

Mega rip

687515010_Screenshot2021-05-12013101.png.d685e9dcb10c05e7081de12f3296b980.png

-support All branches should be payin attention in their player base an drill in NLR into their heads ,staff would be overun with these NLR timer breaches

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

1 hour ago, Kommunistic said:

-support All branches should be payin attention in their player base an drill in NLR into their heads ,staff would be overun with these NLR timer breaches

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

-support
I mean this wouldn't really help and if anything would tell new player NLR on the server is just not returning to the area they died and are able to leave spawn upon death and roam around as long as they don't enter the circle. Also if you read the comments on the addon a lot of people are complaining how it creates a lot of errors and is just buggy all around. Sorry to say but this is aint if chief.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

-support just for being a pain to implement without fuckin anyone up, but also in the comments of the addon they all say basically it had to be reworked from scratch, so thats way to much work for a simple addon

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

27 minutes ago, Comrade Boekhom said:

-support just for being a pain to implement without fuckin anyone up, but also in the comments of the addon they all say basically it had to be reworked from scratch, so thats way to much work for a simple addon

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

11 minutes ago, TWIX said:

I’m starting to think this wasn’t a good idea

Well, if you had never suggested you would have never known. No suggestion is a bad idea to post (Unless it'so a shitpost or it has no intent to better the server).

40 minutes ago, Comrade Boekhom said:

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT