Gubby's warn appeal

Some Weeb

Is the warn false  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Is the warn false

*USE THIS FORMAT*

If you do not follow the format your report will be deleted.

Topic Title: Staff Diss warn appeal

Admin's Name - False Warn Report: Cat 

Questions: N/a

Your In-game: Gubby / Dragin / Ignoredcarpet

Your SteamID: SteamID: STEAM_0:1:491903989

The admin's name in-game: CAT 

The admin's steam name (If you know it):N/A

What warning did you receive: Staff Diss

Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED):https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2064957044

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2064966025 - proof i contacted a S-mod +

Why do you think this warn was false: Because he warned me for asking a S-MOD to come to me for clarification on whether Containment cleaners  had to do a act /me applies base then roll , because me and cat  were arguing over the matter so i called a S-Mod + to help resolve the issue which cat  just warned me for staff diss which makes utterly no sense.

Any extra information: i would LIKE for the MOD to receive a strike/or staff restriction for such immaturity.(No staff diss)

Edited by Dragin

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

+ rep

EX. Ninth Sister, EX. Shock VCMDR, EX E-11 LT, EX General Grevious, EX Senate VCMDR EX Minge      Member Since October 2016                                                            Contact me on Discord @Frozty#5501 for any questions or concerns 

+Support

I am not 100% sure but aren't you meant to take people to the staff room?

And if this is true then that's a yikes

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

Gubby told Cat that he had to do /me applies now base and I confirmed this with an engineer. The staff argued otherwise. Thus the staff was unaware of the this rule.

Asking for a higher staff member for confirmation of a particular rule is allowed and denying somebody this and warning them for the same reason is clear abuse of power.

+Support 

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

The guy after I told him a roll would suffice for replacing a base decided to then continue saying he was right regardless of the fact. You do not need to say /me applies a base, like a plain roll is fine. The SCP knew what was going on, and I told him a /me command is not necessary, and he kept telling me otherwise, the same sentence over and over. So there should be NO reason that he should have continued to tell me I was wrong, I was fed up with him not listening to me doing that, so I warned him for staff diss. I told him before hand if he didn't stop saying he was right instead of listening to why he wasn't, he was going to get the warn, he refused, thus the warn. I told staff after that to not accept his sits because of the obvious mingery. It shouldn't be a question. I, Cat, am low command of janitorial so I would know just rolling to apply a base to 106 is suffice. Period. 

Wrong you have to do /me applies base > this is RP what a /roll doesn't mean anything without  a act , also i wasn't arguing i was going to ask another staff member in which you said i could not, and you said you would warn me if i called another staff member cat which is one Abuse of your powers to warn me and also it IS NOT staff diss to call another admin to help give another opinion we were arguing about a rule correct so. To avoid that i called another staff member in which you told them not to accept and warned me this is obviously not allowed in my POV

Also i had a good argument and i wasn't saying the sentence over and over, and to think you are saying a lie now is mind blowing cause you did in fact warn me not for saying a sentence over and over  (lie), but for calling another staff member for help on the situation.

and also you warned me without explaining why or anything you simply warned me for calling another admin 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

I asked the AHOT (Doggo) who is also a staff member and they said they have to do /me applies base. So Gubby was right in the situation

What do you mean the SCP knew what was going on? Gubby was the SCP

There is no staff diss here. If asking for a higher up for clarification on rules is staff diss, then that’s ridiculous. 

+Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

1 minute ago, [GL] Zeus said:

I asked the AHOT (Doggo) who is also a staff member and they said they have to do /me applies base. So Gubby was right in the situation

What do you mean the SCP knew what was going on? Gubby was the SCP

There is no staff diss here. If asking for a higher up for clarification on rules is staff diss, then that’s ridiculous. 

+Support

• Like 1

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

Alright so im not going to touch on the actual appeal itself, as i feel i'd be biased to one side here.
But, as far as the /me's or [ACT]'s go when applying bases or cleaning SCP's, a /me is not required aslong as a /advert {ACT} is done afterwards, as a /me and a [ACT] are exactly the same thing, only difference being who can see the message. The reason we prefer people use [ACT]'s when applying bases/cleaning SCP's is because [ACT]'s are easier to keep track of for Staff Members. 

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

We could go on about what is the right way to do an important RP action. However, the focus is about the warning itself.

10 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

+Support

On 4/18/2020 at 2:03 AM, [GL] Zeus said:

Gubby told Cat that he had to do /me applies now base and I confirmed this with an engineer. The staff argued otherwise. Thus the staff was unaware of the this rule.

Asking for a higher staff member for confirmation of a particular rule is allowed and denying somebody this and warning them for the same reason is clear abuse of power.

+Support 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

Accepted

After reviewing the evidence and testimony provided I do not believe anything had occurred that rose to the level of a warning for staff disrespect. Simply asking for a higher ranking moderator is not disrespectful in and of itself, nor is a player disagreeing with a staff member inherently disrespectful. However, it is expected that players not engage in arguments with staff members after they've rendered a decision, rather if they disagree with a decision they should make a staff report on the forums, or otherwise request clarification about a rule.

On the topic of RP stuff, the only thing mandated by the MOTD are SCP adverts informing players of the status of an ongoing breach attempt. It is NOT required to engage in specific /me actions during roll offs per the MOTD. However, if a branch's SOP does include this requirement, it would then be required. Even though it's not required, it is good form and sportsmanship to engage in /me acts as it increases RP involvement, as well as informs the breaching SCP of what is going on.

To have your warn removed, go to the "Bans" Section at the top of the forums, navigate to your profile, find the warning for this appeal, and for the reason on the appeal, link this post.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021