Salad Exploiting Report- Accepted

Bartholomew

Your in game name: Bartholomew

The player's in game name: Salad UMC

The player's steam ID (required): 

STEAM_0:1:580871920

What did the player do: Exploit, broke his character model and danced to misplace his hitbox. 

Evidence (required): 

What do you believe should happen to the player: A warn like any other player would. 

Any extra information: "Intentionally breaking your model to modify your hitbox is exploiting."

• Dislike 1
  • Skull 1

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7

9 minutes ago, Salad said:

Honest Mistake didn't know it wasn't allowed also this could have been resolved in a staff sit rather than taken to the forums also i was in first person and couldn't see the end of the animation

Staff told me to take it to the forums because only smt can take care of exploiting reports. Also kcarma he was actively dancing while shooting/ getting shot at so yes I would Indeed say he was intentionally breaking his model. And further more, bringing up a report because a player broke the rules is not petty.

Edited by Bartholomew

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7

this is a clear -support,  its a petty report

the rule that this concerns is "Intentionally breaking your model to modify your hitbox is exploiting." sadly this isn't intentional, this is not breaking your model, he danced and thought the dance would be over and then went to attack the person capturing his point, I see no issue here as it wasn't game breaking and was a simple misunderstanding at worst. Breaking your model would encompass the use of restraints or other sweps to "break" the model, meaning getting it to stay in a "broken" state permanently. This was a temporary dance and was not an exploit. absolutely petty report.

PD SM    DF 1LT UMC LVL5 

O                                                  O 

(this is supposed to be a police car)        

5 minutes ago, Billy S said:

Cry harder lmao

Not needed, just trying to start drama at that point....

4 minutes ago, Salad said:

Honest Mistake didn't know it wasn't allowed also this could have been resolved in a staff sit rather than on the forums

Honestly,  it probably could have been, but I can understand his choice to approach this topic on the forums...Also for someone with as much time on the server as you have, ignorance is no excuse for breaking !motd.

All that being said, probably could do with a verbal warn, give him the benefit of the doubt, as it is a relatively niche rule that I personally have not ever seen anyone break before. 

Final point I'd like to touch on. I know there's been a lot of problems between families recently, but let's please try to keep this civil. We can all maintain some level of maturity while talking about this issue.

Senior Moderator | Platinum Donator | PD CPL | EMS AEMT | SWAT Sharp Shooter | Blaze Firebrand Sergeant

Former: State Trooper First Class | CERT Private

-Support lmao?????

-this isn't breaking your model lmao

-I have done this before in front of staff they didn't say anything about this

-I have never seen anyone get warned for dancing and shooting lmao 

this is just a petty report 

i dont care GIF 

4 minutes ago, Kcarma said:

-Support petty report

are you saying that dancing and then hopping on the point is modifying the playermodel ?
the player model moves but the hitbox stays the same 

most petty report i've ever seen

9D05C652-CC62-49C4-8D2B-42226341D30F.jpg

3 minutes ago, indicud said:

this is a clear -support,  its a petty report

the rule that this concerns is "Intentionally breaking your model to modify your hitbox is exploiting." sadly this isn't intentional, this is not breaking your model, he danced and thought the dance would be over and then went to attack the person capturing his point, I see no issue here as it wasn't game breaking and was a simple misunderstanding at worst. Breaking your model would encompass the use of restraints or other sweps to "break" the model, meaning getting it to stay in a "broken" state permanently. This was a temporary dance and was not an exploit. absolutely petty report.

1 minute ago, Slasher said:

-Support lmao?????

-this isn't breaking your model lmao

-I have done this before in front of staff they didn't say anything about this

-I have never seen anyone get warned for dancing and shooting lmao 

this is just a petty report 

There's no need to add insults to your responses. Please keep things mature.

Senior Moderator | Platinum Donator | PD CPL | EMS AEMT | SWAT Sharp Shooter | Blaze Firebrand Sergeant

1 minute ago, Kcarma said:

no ones throwing insults bro were just responding with true facts that this is a petty report 

Be that as it may (not saying it is or isn't) but its not a necessary? 

4 minutes ago, Kcarma said:

gmod-default-dance.gif

Again, utterly unnecessary, please keep it to the actual topic at hand. Being argumentative and trying to incite trouble doesn't accomplish anything.

I'm just trying to keep things peaceful.

FORUM DIPLOMAT MESSAGE

Please keep posts on this topic to + or -supports only. Continued arguing and/or unhelpful and unnecessary posts will result in the topic being locked until SMT comes to a decision, and potentially further punishment as deemed necessary.

Thanks,

Senior Diplomat BruceyBoyo

• Heart-Eyes 1

Deputy Commissioner of Police

Former SCO19 Chief Constable | Reserve HRT Commander | Reserve FBI Assistant Director

-support

This report seems petty in nature. Also breaking the model would entail using restrains or sweps like the facepunch to alter the hit box, This is a temporary animation that according to what Salad has said he didn't know the animation hadn't ended yet.

1 minute ago, Ghosted said:

-support

This report seems petty in nature. Also breaking the model would entail using restrains or sweps like the facepunch to alter the hit box, This is a temporary animation that according to what Salad has said he didn't know the animation hadn't ended yet.

• Like 1

"Jimmy Can I minge With a Button?"

• Rocky locked this topic
On 7/18/2023 at 7:15 PM, Bartholomew said:

Staff told me to take it to the forums because only smt can take care of exploiting reports. Also kcarma he was actively dancing while shooting/ getting shot at so yes I would Indeed say he was intentionally breaking his model. And further more, bringing up a report because a player broke the rules is not petty.

Just to clear this up, anybody can handle exploiting sits especially something as simple as this